Sign in to follow this  
nicobecker37

Considering to buy a Yoke

Currently I am only using the keyboard to fly the 737NGX. Thus I am considering to buy a Yoke. Which one do you recommend and is it worth to buy one at all??Thanks.Nic

Saitek Pro Flight. It's the best out there and you'll become really immersed in it's feel. It's also the cheapest too and the construction is far sturdier than it's rivals.You may want to buy the Pro Flight Pedals too? They are a perfect addition to this fine system.The CH yoke will work okay for around a year then you will find that the central spindle will start to stick.For the NGX though and all PMDG for that matter, Saitek is the way to go.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Saitek Pro Flight. It's the best out there and you'll become really immersed in it's feel. It's also the cheapest too and the construction is far sturdier than it's rivals.You may want to buy the Pro Flight Pedals too? They are a perfect addition to this fine system.The CH yoke will work okay for around a year then you will find that the central spindle will start to stick.For the NGX though and all PMDG for that matter, Saitek is the way to go.
+1. I find that the Saitek yoke is really great for flying the NGX.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Same here: Saitek has a great value/price ratio. I kicked my CH yoke and throttle out a while ago. Rubbish and pretty expensive :Waiting:Bert Van Bulck

Please Nico, the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System is crap! I've had two of them, both had a squeeky aileron axis, and broke after 6 months, DO NOT GET IT! The Pro Flight Pedals are good though!What I have now, is the Saitek Pro Flight CESSNA Yoke, oh boy what a difference! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it! It has 180 degrees of movement (90 to each side), vs only 45 to each side of the pro flight yoke. And it's much much smoother, and feels so much more durable, flying the NGX with it is great! People with the Pro Flight Yoke, thinking how good it is, really don't know what they are missing!

The Pro Flight Pedals are good though!What I have now, is the Saitek Pro Flight CESSNA Yoke, oh boy what a difference! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it! It has 180 degrees of movement (90 to each side), vs only 45 to each side of the pro flight yoke. And it's much much smoother, and feels so much more durable, flying the NGX with it is great! People with the Pro Flight Yoke, thinking how good it is, really don't know what they are missing!
Flying the NGX with Cessna flight yoke? Don't make me laugh please? :( :( :( B) My Saitek Pro Flight Yoke has never been a problem.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Those guys of you preferring Saitek, which one are you referring to:- Saitek Cyborg- Saitek X52 pro- Saitek X52 Flight Control System- Saitek X65F- Saitek Aviator???

Flying the NGX with Cessna flight yoke? Don't make me laugh please? :( :( :( B) My Saitek Pro Flight Yoke has never been a problem.
Who cares if it says Cessna on the front. The Pro Flight Yoke is a model of a Beech Baron yoke, so who flies the NGX with that? I don't care how it looks, it's just much better, it's preciser, smoother, and it's got twice the range of movement (180 degrees), I've had both, so I know which is the best. :)

Those guys of you preferring Saitek, which one are you referring to:- Saitek Cyborg- Saitek X52 pro- Saitek X52 Flight Control System- Saitek Aviator???
HelloThose are all joysticks, not yokes.You really need a yoke and rudder pedals and ideally the throttle quads.Glyn

Who cares if it says Cessna on the front. The Pro Flight Yoke is a model of a Beech Baron yoke, so who flies the NGX with that? I don't care how it looks, it's just much better, it's preciser, smoother, and it's got twice the range of movement (180 degrees), I've had both, so I know which is the best. :)
.........and a lot more expensive Arjen.
HelloThose are all joysticks, not yokes.You really need a yoke and rudder pedals and ideally the throttle quads.Glyn
.....and the Saitek Yoke gives you an independant set of throttles too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

.........and a lot more expensive Arjen......and the Saitek Yoke gives you an independant set of throttles too.
HelloThat is why I said Quads, ideally you need the second one as well

.........and a lot more expensive Arjen......and the Saitek Yoke gives you an independant set of throttles too.
Yes, you pay for what you get. But believe me, it's twice as good cuz I've had both. And it also comes with a seperate throttle quadrant by the way, which is btw also a little smoother.When I opened my Cessna yoke, looked totally different in the inside than the Pro Flight Yoke. Instead of just a spring, it's got a few big gears, with another spring wrapped around a thick axel of the gear, same for the elevator axis, it's all very well lubricated, and this new gear/spring system inside, makes it much smoother and less sticky/squeeky than the Pro Flight Yoke. Maybe you'll not regret it at first, but after a while the lubrication gets bad and the aileron axis will start to feel and sound squeeky. If you put a device in it without a power adapter it might short circuit itself. The Cessna Yoke does a much better job at this. Again, you pay for what you get.

If you really want something awsome (and if you have enough money..) you might to buy something like this: --->klick<--- It has force feedback! Elsewere you might want to buy something from Saitek. I am okay with the Pro Flight yoke, however I don't like the Pro Flight Paddals.