Sign in to follow this  
nicobecker37

Considering to buy a Yoke

disagree, i have the rudder pedals combat, and the toe braking is just fine.
I don't mind if you disagree but I'm telling you, compared to a real plane, they don't work like that at all, and toe brakes are much more firm in a real plane.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've had my CH Products Pro Pedals for a decade. Only had to change one "potentiometer" out and that was a $10 expense. I've had the Saitek X52 Flight Control system to compliment the pedals for about a half dozen years as well. No issues. I did have the Ch Products yoke many years back, but it wasn't as responsive as the joystick setup.While I understand that a yoke does add to the realism depending on the aircraft, a good joystick system is compatible across all aircraft types. As mentioned above, a good set of pedals really makes the flying fun. It's easier to crab in for a landing (cross winds) with pedals than worrying about twisting a joystick for that axis.Cheers!

Please Nico, the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System is crap! I've had two of them, both had a squeeky aileron axis, and broke after 6 months, DO NOT GET IT! The Pro Flight Pedals are good though!What I have now, is the Saitek Pro Flight CESSNA Yoke, oh boy what a difference! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it! It has 180 degrees of movement (90 to each side), vs only 45 to each side of the pro flight yoke. And it's much much smoother, and feels so much more durable, flying the NGX with it is great! People with the Pro Flight Yoke, thinking how good it is, really don't know what they are missing!
Hmmm...I was thinking about looking into this one if it was an improvement. I have had my Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke for about three years without any problems, but always interested in something better.

Hmmm...I was thinking about looking into this one if it was an improvement. I have had my Saitek Pro-Flight Yoke for about three years without any problems, but always interested in something better.
I really recommend it. I'm convinced you'll not regret it. It's such a big improvement imo.

I've had my CH Products Pro Pedals for a decade. Only had to change one "potentiometer" out and that was a $10 expense. I've had the Saitek X52 Flight Control system to compliment the pedals for about a half dozen years as well. No issues. I did have the Ch Products yoke many years back, but it wasn't as responsive as the joystick setup.While I understand that a yoke does add to the realism depending on the aircraft, a good joystick system is compatible across all aircraft types. As mentioned above, a good set of pedals really makes the flying fun. It's easier to crab in for a landing (cross winds) with pedals than worrying about twisting a joystick for that axis.Cheers!
I also have CH Pedals and they work great. I would like it if they were heavier so they wouldn't slide on the floor so easy, but that isn't too bad.I have both a yoke and the X52 so I use them depending on what kind of aircraft I'm flying. If I'm flying the NGX, I will use the X52 as a steering tiller to taxi around.
I really recommend it. I'm convinced you'll not regret it. It's such a big improvement imo.
Arjen, Amazon says that it has the timer like the Pro Flight version. Where is it located at? I don't see it.

I don't mind if you disagree but I'm telling you, compared to a real plane, they don't work like that at all, and toe brakes are much more firm in a real plane.
assuming your'e a real pilot, are these pedals have a normal long of toe brake? thanks mate, and i didn't try to argue with you.

and then again we have the Warty :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No sim yoke or pedals are going to be just like the real thing, short of a level-D simulator, which is not in most folks' budget.I just got a Saitek Pro yoke + TQ for home, have been using my CH yoke (+ pedals) for years. I must say the Saitek is a good step up, and its TQ is an excellent value for the money. Very nice to be able to operate the spoilers, flaps and reversers in a more kinesthetic manner as well. FSUIPC makes the setup dead simple.The flat top to the Saitek, makes it very easy to mount a MCP and/or EFIS unit as well.Two thumbs up, for the Saitek.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Speaking from my own experience, saitek yokes CAN be easily modded to work smoothly & easily. It's still and always will be an entry-level yoke yes, but it's also far from being a waste of money.
Agreed.I applied a little grease over the interior moving parts and it's smooth as butter! I couldn't afford anything else so I made do.

...and then again we have the Warty :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have just literally right now bought the Proflight Yoke and pedals, i will let you know on Tuesday what they are like.

I second Ken there,I use his mod and can fly with one hand. You can make it as tight or as slack as you like with the patent adjustments.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

we can always dream :(

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020