Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

C90 should be out soon!

Yes, I've been waiting along time for a good King Air.

A shame that Flight1 dropped the BE200 they took over from Aerowrx (SP?)

Hopefully this one will be a huge hit and Carenado will do a 200, perhaps a 350 with a full set of avionics.

Although combining this bird and Flight1's Garmin 1000 package would be sweet.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I actually think that part of the charm of this aircraft are the Collins

glass gauges and radios. Not quite current technology, but very usable.

And with the Avidyne 500 showing a moving map and the GPS driving the autopilot,

you've got a "classic" Beechcraft cockpit.

Bert

Agreed Bert! After "controlling" the PMDG NGX it will be nice to "fly" the King Air. I own the RXP GNS but I don't want it in every plane I own. I want the C90 to look like a C90 with whatever avionics it comes with.

I owned the Aeroworx King Air and absolutely loved it. I have wanted an FSX King Air since. I am so excited to try this one out!

Eddie

Eddie
KABQ

Any guesses of what the price will be? $37 like the PA46T?

lee

I hoped for a release this weekend, but maybe we'll have it as an Easter egg? I haven't bought a Carenado aircraft for a long time, but I got the P46T recently and I can't stop flying this beauty!!! Infact, my Turbine Duke sits in the hangar since then... Especially with the RXP GNS setup the Malibu is a top notch simming experience, not to talk about its special beauty during dawn and night flights! I hope it will be possible to add the RXP GNS 430 to the C90. Since I have zero experience with fiddling around with a 3D-panel, I would really like to know if some of you guys plan to put the RXP gauge in there as well.

Greets,

Michael

Has your turbine Duke seen you sitting in the P46? I hope not. :Waiting:

Bob

It's out ! Check the Carenado site.

It's out ! Check the Carenado site.

So, what is the most defining aspect of the C90? There are a lot of good twins out there, so what is so great about this particular model?

Bpb

So, what is the most defining aspect of the C90? There are a lot of good twins out there, so what is so great about this particular model?

Bpb

Because it's a King, not a Duke, nor a cheap Baron... :LMAO:

Mauricio Brentano

Guest BeaverDriver

While I like Mauricio's answer better, the big RW thing about the King Air is its diversity in roles. You see them as airliners operating from large, international airports, as medevac units, as high end charter aircraft and as cargo machines. They can operate from reasonably rough gravel strips in the far north, ice runways and fairly short paved runways (2500 ft is not uncommon). They are PT-6 equipped which makes them extremely reliable and able to operate in temperature extremes. Most other twins can fill one of those roles, but very, very few can fill all those roles. In fact, I'd say the only one that can do all those things is another King Air.

While I like Mauricio's answer better, the big RW thing about the King Air is its diversity in roles. You see them as airliners operating from large, international airports, as medevac units, as high end charter aircraft and as cargo machines. They can operate from reasonably rough gravel strips in the far north, ice runways and fairly short paved runways (2500 ft is not uncommon). They are PT-6 equipped which makes them extremely reliable and able to operate in temperature extremes. Most other twins can fill one of those roles, but very, very few can fill all those roles. In fact, I'd say the only one that can do all those things is another King Air.

BeaverDriver, thanks. Very nice overview.

What about cockpit visibility? Large windshield?

Bob

Guest BeaverDriver

All the ones I've been in seem like the cockpit vis is less than what I am used to, but it's all relative. I've mostly had my butt parked in Beavers and 185's so the King Air is a whole different animal. It's more of an IFR environment so the panel is high and to me the vis isn't the greatest. However, if you were coming from a bigger machine, it may not be something you'd notice, or it might feel better to you in that respect. Regardless, it sure is a nice plane to be in :).

Guest Mik75

I wouldn't mind about the extra Nav/Com of the RXP 430 either... I doubt that the Carenado GPS offers much more than the default FSX one, so the RXP integration would make a good compromise for me. The important question for me is if the MFD in the C90 will draw the magenta line of the flightplan created in the RXP GNS, just like the G500 in the Malibu does. Otherwise this release isn't too interesting for me. What would be a shame, it looks so good... ;-)

Maybe someone who put the RXP in the C90 could report back here.

Thanks in advance!

Guest Mik75

Thank you! That sounds promising. As long as the function is given, I can live with the popup.

By the way, how is she flying? ;-)