Sign in to follow this  
audiohavoc

Carenado C90 released

If i had to give up every other payware plane I own but one (and I own a fair few!) it would be the Turbine Duke that I kept.

It just feels right - a briliant plane from tail to nosecone.

The C90 is poor and incomplete, just like the information they provide. I bought it and and put it at the back of the hanger for scrap within 15 minutes. Jumped straight back into the superb Turbine Duke with fantastic manuals!

Bob

29 users are reading this topic! :lol:

I love the way we are split into two camps - those who purchase immediately and those who hang around and wait for the rich ones to risk their cash for the rest of us! I will wait until I hear positive reports from two or three users in particular.She looks fabulous though!

Because of re-install hassels (not pointing the finger at Carenado by any means) I don't buy "download only" software from anybody anymore. I am waiting for it to be available in a boxed version or a downlod version with a back-up CD.

Will buy it when (If) that happens, although I already have a real good GA turboprop.

I would not hesitate in recommending the Duke, either the piston or the turbine, to anyone. Although since getting my hands on the turbine version I find I fly the B60 less and less, not because it's particularly a better aircraft, just that it's more flexible. With shorter take offs and landing it opens up so many more strips to drop in and out of. BTW, another aspect I really like is, I find it's a bit like trying to hold down a wild tiger! It takes a lot more thought and alertness to fly the turbine correctly and efficiently. My, does she want to move :crazy:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I would not hesitate in recommending the Duke, either the piston or the turbine, to anyone. Although since getting my hands on the turbine version I find I fly the B60 less and less, not because it's particularly a better aircraft, just that it's more flexible. With shorter take offs and landing it opens up so many more strips to drop in and out of. BTW, another aspect I really like is, I find it's a bit like trying to hold down a wild tiger! It takes a lot more thought and alertness to fly the turbine correctly and efficiently. My, does she want to move :crazy:

I have got the Dukey as well, but this C90 is quite a challange in weather and the recent SP takes it another step forwards towards a polished product.

Cmon Rocky...splash the cash...it will keep you entertained on a rainy weekend :-)

Rgds, Shaun

Rgds, Shaun

Duke compliments the C90 and C90 compliments the Duke.. Both fantastic aircraft.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have got the Dukey as well, but this C90 is quite a challange in weather and the recent SP takes it another step forwards towards a polished product.

Cmon Rocky...splash the cash...it will keep you entertained on a rainy weekend :-)

Rgds, Shaun

I'll pass on that Shaun, just got myself the Baytower RV-7... :dance:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Wow, just looked at their site for the RV-7, I shall be wasting some more of my hard earned coffers on that as well! ,hope its as frame rate friendly as the carenado products tend to be...choices...choices...oh sod it, I buy em all and tell the wife its cheaper than going done the pub! lol

Rgds, Shaun

Wow, just looked at their site for the RV-7, I shall be wasting some more of my hard earned coffers on that as well! ,hope its as frame rate friendly as the carenado products tend to be...choices...choices...oh sod it, I buy em all and tell the wife its cheaper than going done the pub! lol

:Just Kidding:

Howard

Now that I got my night vc lights dimmed I am pretty happy with it.

The question I have is this. Anyone elses system getting hit hard by the C90? I get about the same as the 2 F-15s "huds,complex displays ect" that have been released recently which isnt good. I have tried both models "rear cabin view" of the C-90 and see no difference.

I see alot of complaints and whining about other things but not fps/stutters so I thought I would ask and see before I went on another tweek o thon.

Sorry for oftop maybe. Agree. Baytower RV-7 is ROCK. And Duke - still "the king of turboprop in FS". They has everythings working. I can't say this about C90 yet. But I really whant to. And ready for waiting. B200 was my favorite in FS9.

Now that I got my night vc lights dimmed I am pretty happy with it.

The question I have is this. Anyone elses system getting hit hard by the C90? I get about the same as the 2 F-15s "huds,complex displays ect" that have been released recently which isnt good. I have tried both models "rear cabin view" of the C-90 and see no difference.

I see alot of complaints and whining about other things but not fps/stutters so I thought I would ask and see before I went on another tweek o thon.

I get decent frames with it.. If it's hitting your PC hard you could always run through and resample all the textures to 1024x1024 and make very light variants but you're going to induce some unclean jaggy lines and reduced quality. It is the price you pay for crisp, clean solid nearly photo realistic textures especially on a larger aircraft like this. C210 Lite Variant was hardly noticeable because the textures are covering a smaller surface area.

I did one up as an example for you. I resampled every exterior texture to 1024 and made a exterior light variant. Before / After.. I'd much rather have a slight FPS hit in return for the awesome textures. :Peace:

6948931446_7ab559ba53_b.jpg

6948931280_7930fa9726_b.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I am one of those few oddballs that really does not care so much about the external appearance. I may watch a few replays of the landing but when I fly I FLY spend my time in the cockpit and not gazing at the panel lines. Just one stutter before touchdown is worse to me than a thousand slightly blurry rivots.

I would love a low res fps freindly C90. Where do I sign up?

I could do it, but that's also treading into a huge grey area.. As I respect developers and the work the put into things I'm going to go out on a very sturdy limb and guess Carenado might not be keen on someone re-releasing the entire livery collection of one of his products in altered form. I'd have to send in a ticket or something.

It trims off a significant amount out of texture size though.. Exterior consists of a total of fourteen 4.1 meg files between textures and bumps. ( Not counting the spec's because they're already small) and the low res version will trim them all down to just over a meg instead. Shaving a good chunk of overhead off. It's a lot of work and quite frankly a pita.. It's not hard work, just long duration of staring at a monitor pointing and clicking back and forth. Probably easier for you just to learn how DXTBmp works and resize them yourself.

Try disabling the weather gauge (by renaming it in the Gauges folder)

WX_gauge...C90 - just add xxx to the name.

I find that helps a lot on my system.

Bert

Just downloaded the patch.. we will see if how everything goes after that... however I finally got some time to fly this thing. I actually had no problems with start up, take off, cruise and landing.. I even found I was able to taxi just fine with the fuel at 4% and just controlling with throttle to thrust reverse and brakes to stop. Anyway I guess I could say my first experience with this thing wasn't a total disaster. Of course with REX flying is always amazing.