Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Do you want the 777-200/ER?

Do you want the 777-200/ER  

2,064 members have voted

1. 1. Build the 777-200/ER?

25 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Sorry I have to disagree with this, BA aren't planning to retire their 747s any time soon, they're still a core part of the fleet and they don't have the orders in place to replace them with 787s/A380s/77Ws/A350s. I'm sure BA will slowly phase them out but they still operate 36 I believe, and they don't have the orders in place to replace the capacity of those aircraft. Not to mention the numerous cargo operators world wide.

Cargo and Passenger are different comparisons. Which is why companies like Atlas Air are buying old 747's left and right...for cargo.

I could agree/disagree with the retirement statement...based off of word from the grapevine and the fact 78710 + A350 orders roughly equal the current number of BA 747 in service.

Went off topic here now...I will not proceed any further.

Perhaps PMDG could finally clarify if this is going to be produced? It'd be such a shame if it was forgotten about.

Cheers,

Alex Macdonald

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, BAWSpeedbird said:

Perhaps PMDG could finally clarify if this is going to be produced? It'd be such a shame if it was forgotten about.

Cheers,

Alex Macdonald

True.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

22 hours ago, pilottj said:

So if you are a freight dog, you really have quite a nice PMDG fleet to choose from. 

So true. I started freight dogging this year with the release of the 747v3 and it opens a new dimension to my simming. No longer confined to payware airports but started down loading freeware airports and Air Force bases around the world giving a performance bonus. Just opened up the world of exotic and challenging places to fly into. Fun as well as interesting.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

Oh, every time I land BAW2157 at Antigua with a 77W instead of the 200ER BA uses on that flight, I can't help but wonder about a PMDG 777 200ER.

But then again, why is it only up to PMDG to make our sims representative of real world heavies, I'm sure if enough of us wrote to BA, they'd start flying that route with a 77W, problem solved :biggrin:

Edited by ClearedtoLand
Antigua, not Antugua

It would be nice to confirm either way whether this is still being made?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Yes vote from me, even after all these years I am still waiting on an announcement!

Kindest regards,

Gabe Pfeiffer

• Upvote 1

People still have to remember, the time it takes to CREATE all the different 200's would require an immense amount of time.

On top of that, (Rather below? Before?) they still need the accurate resources, real world operators and ops personnel that work with each specific model to make it PMDG quality. I'm all for a -200/ER but I don't expect it ANY time soon IF they even consider. 

1 hour ago, CaptainGabe said:

People still have to remember, the time it takes to CREATE all the different 200's would require an immense amount of time.

On top of that, (Rather below? Before?) they still need the accurate resources, real world operators and ops personnel that work with each specific model to make it PMDG quality. I'm all for a -200/ER but I don't expect it ANY time soon IF they even consider. 

Right. I'm fully aware that this is going to take time to do, but I suppose people were wondering if it was being considered in the first place.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 15/8/2017 at 6:07 AM, CaptainGabe said:

They made it for the 747: many versions with every specific detail simulated in each version, so why not for the 772ER? :wink:

The only thing that could prevent them from doing it is the lack of information available.

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

They made it for the 747: many versions with every specific detail simulated in each version, so why not for the 772ER? :wink:

The only thing that could prevent them from doing it is the lack of information available.

Main difference is in the case of the Boeing 747-400, they really didn't have a choice because they all came with multiple engine options with the exception of the -400ER and the -400D. In the case of the Boeing 777, the -200LR, -200F, and -300ER only come with one engine option, so it was easier to do those first. It's not to say they couldn't do it for the -200ER, but it would certainly take time to do it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

5 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

This is the main reason PMDG hasnt already done so...

Finding credible, trusted and secure resources is very difficult.

I have access to ONLY 772 /PW40907 72ER/773/PW4074  and 77W/115BL and I doubt I would be able to share any of it.
That's a small amount of information PMDG would need for just the PW variants.
Still need sources for the 772GE and RR variants that are up to date, permitted and trusted to be used.
They can get in a lot of trouble for having anything that is supposed to be secure.