Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

MultiCrew Experience Feedback anyone?

Yes, it's fine and dandy to use MCE with the NGX.

Using "fractured English", I'd say something to the effect of that previous statement is currently non-operative. :rolleyes:

Travis, we have got to stop meeting like this :Party:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

:Thinking:

First script help.

At the end of the push and start I want to say 'clear on the left' and for the FO to respond 'clear on the right'Nail%20Biting.gif

How would I do that?

I'm writing this without benefit of actually running it, so apologies if it doesn't actually work - :LMAO: - but I'd try something like this:

Script name: "clear on the left.vscr"

[REPLIES]

Reply1=Clear on the right.

Reply2=We're clear on the right.

Reply3=Clear on the right side.

Reply4=Oh look, it's the Goodyear blimp!

[sCRIPT]

pause 1

[OPTIONS]

Verbose=0

Suspend=0

RequireConfirmation=0

Travis, we have got to stop meeting like this :Party:

Birds of a feather....

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Travis...It worked. Now that was easy.

Anyway of speeding the reply's up. Sounds very robotic

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

It seems they modified the NGX's code to make it work with MCE, which is illegal. They could have waited for the SDK to come out and then announced that it works with the NGX.

So, presumably you studied MCE behaviour, hired an expert (or maybe you are one) and came to the conclusion that MCE modified the NGX code.

Do you realise how serious this allegation is?

We could right now sue you for libel.

We have exchanged e-mails with PMDG regarding the matter and could make you a laughing stock straight away by publishing the content of the exchange. Out of respect for e-mail privacy we will refrain from doing so on the forum.

It was just a misunderstanding, because the EULA had changed between the first release (AUG 2011) and SP1b (DEC 2011).

All is well with PMDG now.

And no, it had nothing to do with hacking. Simply that after SP1b, PMDG made it compulsory to use the SDK to interface the NGX. Which is exactly what we did after the SDK was released.

If you have doubts contact them. We expect Mr Randazzo to update that thread soon.

We should know better, because among all the people who tried MCE out, you are the only one who made a point in writing to us telling us how it messed up your computer and you had to re-install everything.

Total BS of course, because we don’t edit any “aircraft.cfg” or “panel.cfg” files.

Once you are done with the Demo and un-install, the next time you start FSX or FS9, you will be prompted, via our own message box, to remove fsInsider.dll from the simulator folder at which point MCE is gone for good, and FSX or FS9 back to original configuration.

Diego, you need more than that to unsettle us.

Won’t even press the <Report> button. Have a good Sunday. :Kiss:

So, presumably you studied MCE behaviour, hired an expert (or maybe you are one) and came to the conclusion that MCE modified the NGX code.

Do you realise how serious this allegation is?

We could right now sue you for libel.

We have exchanged e-mails with PMDG regarding the matter and could make you a laughing stock straight away by publishing the content of the exchange. Out of respect for e-mail privacy we will refrain from doing so on the forum.

It was just a misunderstanding, because the EULA had changed between the first release (AUG 2011) and SP1b (DEC 2011).

All is well with PMDG now.

Awesome! I will try it again now with the NGX. Last time, I was using it with the default 737 I believe.

We should know better, because among all the people who tried MCE out, you are the only one who made a point in writing to us telling us how it messed up your computer and you had to re-install everything.

Total BS of course, because we don’t edit any “aircraft.cfg” or “panel.cfg” files.

Once you are done with the Demo and un-install, the next time you start FSX or FS9, you will be prompted, via our own message box, to remove fsInsider.dll from the simulator folder at which point MCE is gone for good, and FSX or FS9 back to original configuration.

There I was referring to my Flight Simulator's general settings (GENERAL tab at the settings page). All it did was un-tick some stuff, nothing major. I apologize for this email. One thing that really irritates me is when a program (any program, really) changes settings on my computer without my permission, that is why I always like to enable User Account Control, as it lets me know if there is a program launching such as those very annoying Flash Player updates when you start your computer.

Clive, i had thought of the "clear left and right" stuff but now that MCE interacts so well with GSX i saw no need for it.

The pushback function is fantastic, at the end of pushback you get told clear left and right and you even get to see the mechanic give you a thumbs up.

For those not using it, it is something we could ask the FS++ crew to introduce and see what they say.

Will, I thought it would be a 'lets just check again' before we start to move. You never know!!

ANyway it got me to do my first script.

Also I don't like 'Mechanic' I think it should be 'ground'..........'cockpit to ground.......'

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Clive, i like your initiative, why dont we ask the support crew at MCE? They have been incredibly supportive of my bombardment of queries and suggestions in the past.

One thing that strikes me is that these guys actually have a very in-depth knowledge of C++ programming and they have the willingness to give us a great product.

I am very glad the misunderstanding with PMDG got sorted ages ago, MCE supported the NGX months before it became a requirement to do it via the SDK, and they complied as soon as it came out.

Proof of it is that as soon as the SDK was out i asked for fire procedures to be possible and they did it in leas than 24 hours as a free upgrade!!!

We have 'fire procedures'...hmm need to find them.

Support is very good, as I said earlier and theyhave supported me over this weekend and with files.

OK, so lets put a list together of things we would like to see, sounds like a plan?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Look at the last page of the NGX flow document Clive, they are all there.

I agree with a "wish" list, the potential of this program is enormous!! I count it as the best buy i have made!

I will second that one. I have most things, but (I only got this on Friday) must be the best. Your right the potential of this is very open ended

Did you get my PM?

I would like to see more interaction with the cabin crew.

You 'call' them from the flight deck, they arrive and could ask for lunch/drinks......date Just%20Kidding.gif

what about ad hock chatter with the FO

That's just some of the 'fun' stuff.

What about emergency procedures. I see MCE has random failures!. Not sure what they are at the moment

Just seen the fire procedures.....wow very good

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Got your pm Clive, well done! Hope it happens!

I count it as the best buy i have made!

Reminds me about how long I left it out. I knew it was there and I saw some posts and read their website, but I've bought it very late. Shame on me, being a fan of the voice controlled things.

Just tried another flight with the NGX, the integration with GSX is fantastic.

You have to remember to call the ground mechanic first then start GSX.

If you select boarding, the doors are opened or shut automatically, same with the cargo doors. MCE had the best pushback feature in the market in my opinion, because you could control the direction and length of push by voice, now with GSX it is as good as fsx could ever get!

Clive i have added a few things to the NGX flow document, let me know if you want a copy?