Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockliffe

How real can it get?

Now I'm using Word Not Allowed's latest discovery using adaptive Vsync and handed anistropic filtering back to FSX, my sim runs like butter on a hot day in August! Why, oh why, would I entertain Flight or P3D, when I have the kind of perfomance and visuals that I experienced tonight on a flight over PFJ, just 20 miles East of Orbx's latest scenery Stewart airport. This pic is completely unedited and I think it tells my story. The weather is REX, with real weather engine FSrealWX and I cannot believe this free app produces such fantastic weather. I mean, how real can FSX get?

242mmm.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My my, what a beautiful shot Howard, very atmospheric. :Applause:

I have been eyeballing Stewart airport since it came out, but there are three more scenery releases this month and maybe the MilViz B55, what to do. :Hmmmph:

Adam

My my, what a beautiful shot Howard, very atmospheric. :Applause:

I have been eyeballing Stewart airport since it came out, but there are three more scenery releases this month and maybe the MilViz B55, what to do. :Hmmmph:

Adam

Hi Adam, I have to say that after being an Orbx supporter for a long time, and having all their US sceneries, Stewart is my biggest disappointment. Don't get me wrong, the strip and buildings are beautifully modelled, and Russ White has done a gret job, but the town area has been sadly neglected IMHO. Still worth getting, but as for value for money compared with places like KORS and Darrington, it's at the bottom of my favourites list.

Hi Howard, thanks for the input, I have most of ther sceneries as well, and i think Orcas, Harvey and Jefferson are my favorites.Right now i kinda looking at Jackson Hole, mainly because is somewhere other than the PNW,so we'll see.

Adam

but the town area has been sadly neglected IMHO.

Hmm...well thanks for that insight, I was quite looking forward to flying over the town. Perhaps maybe a service pack will bring it, like the PAKT SP brought so much.

Beautiful screenshot!

how real can FSX get?

More real than I could ever imagine 20 years ago! :Big Grin:

I too am befitting from recent tweaks with help from Kotsa's posts and one of the main reasons (other than finally getting a laptop that could handle FSX) I'm finally jumping on board with FSX.

If I could find a flight planner as simple, robust and eloquent and FSnav within FSX, I'd be 100% on board with FSX. I still love going back into FS9 and hitting F9 and seeing the world, ready to be flight-planned and exported to any plane's FMS I want to export it to.

Regards,

Steve Dra

I mean, how real can FSX get?

......until it rains. Great capture. :Applause:

Very nice shot! Too sad I am not able to fire up my sim now (still at work) ;-)