Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EGLL77W

TO/GA Switches

Now, this is something I've been wondering about greatly. If you don't know where the TOGA Switches are then look here:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

For me, they look some what harder to get to, than the 737 at least that are on the side. Something PSS did if I remember correctly was, if you push the throttles further than (don't quote me) 60% or so it activated TOGA. I mention PSS as I know some of their 777 team works for PMDG now. Are you doing something similar or in the sim sitting sideways, is it easier to press them?

Cheers

In their 744 v1 (not the speed), you press the screw in the top left of the MCP. In the NGX you press that blank spot on the MCP. Or set a command. I'm sure they'll do something like this again.

Now, this is something I've been wondering about greatly. If you don't know where the TOGA Switches are then look here:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

For me, they look some what harder to get to, than the 737 at least that are on the side. Something PSS did if I remember correctly was, if you push the throttles further than (don't quote me) 60% or so it activated TOGA. I mention PSS as I know some of their 777 team works for PMDG now. Are you doing something similar or in the sim sitting sideways, is it easier to press them?

Cheers

The buttons on the side of the throttles in the 737 are the Auto-Thrust disengage buttons, same as the T7, the TOGA switches are in a similar position on the 73 only they're round, and not rectangular like in the T7.

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

In their 744 v1 (not the speed), you press the screw in the top left of the MCP. In the NGX you press that blank spot on the MCP. Or set a command. I'm sure they'll do something like this again.

Ah right so could be the same in the 777? Hopefully! Looks easier..

7278783126_f2ae4581fd_b.jpg

I believe it will be the same, guys. When I takeoff, I try my best to use the TOGA switch and not the blank spot for more realism.

I believe it will be the same, guys. When I takeoff, I try my best to use the TOGA switch and not the blank spot for more realism.

Yeah me too which is why I was asking ha. Always use it, I fly the LDS 767 so of course you know the N1 button (TOGA) is above the SPD button which makes it easier. Only flown the NGX a few times and clicking the button on the Throttles can be tricky when they're at 60 or so %.

Or you can just assign it to a button on your yoke/stick/throttle/keyboard :)

control+shift+g is already assigned as TOGA by default on the ngx.

That could work..

Yeah I just have a button next to my throttle control toga. same with throt discon and ap disengage.

I fly the LDS 767 so of course you know the N1 button (TOGA) is above the SPD button which makes it easier.

It's no TO/GA switch on 767. For take off you press N1 button, and for go-around there is a GA switch on thrust levers.

It's no TO/GA switch on 767. For take off you press N1 button, and for go-around there is a GA switch on thrust levers.

Yep I know. For the LDS the G/A is a button near the Autobrakes.

TOGA shortcuts are a standard feature of our planes guys - it'll have the spot on the MCP like the NGX does.

TOGA shortcuts are a standard feature of our planes guys - it'll have the spot on the MCP like the NGX does.

Thanks Ryan for the clarification. I've seen that the 777's TOGA switch is a little different, so to be safe, the MCP one is useful.

Yay! :Party:

Guys, clicking the throttle button might seem more realistic at the first look, but really... Consider, on the real airplane, you just flex your fingers a bit and there it is, while on FS, you have to move away from the windshield... not exactly the best thing. I am happy with keyboard shortcut.