Sign in to follow this  
NBurgess

I'm a little embarrased....

I regarded myself as a reasonably experienced 'serious' simmer and over the years have acquired most of the 'must have' add ons (PMDG fleet, LevelD 767, Real Air, A2a Accusim GEX, REX, UTX ORBX stuff, blah blah.........

So I am rather embarrased to admit that until now I haven't purchased any FS2Crew products, and I don't really know why. This week I got the bundle for the NGX...eeerm..wow !

I was blown away by the NGX when I picked it up on release - one of those simming moments you dont forget. Well having completed my first flight in it with FS2Crew, I've just had another !!!

How on earth have I managed without this until now ?? (Hangs head in shame, whilst examining wallet for funding for the MD-11 and 747 editions !)

Your not alone Neil, I have a ton of addons as well but still have yet to buy FS2Crew. I think the only reason I have not purchased it is mainly due to the fact that I dont want to take the time to learn another program and setup at the moment to really use it properly and to its full potential. One of these days I will probably be bored and buy it and dive in. Plus the fact that I would probably prefer the voice control version but dont want to have to wear a head set with mike and do what ever you need to do so that it recognizes the voice commands.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well Sean, all I can say is you won't regret it if you dive in. The bundle I got has both the button and voice control versions and both are fairly easy to set up and use. I didn't need to spend hours poring over manuals to be up and running.

I've heard several on here state that they can't imagine flying the NGX without it, and I now see what they mean !

Yea makes it more realistic having a co pliot with you helping you out

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Its weird talking to my computer all alone, so I rarely use it myself. But no doubt its a good addon

Not to take away from FS2Crew, but the other omission from your list is AS2012.

I haven't come to terms with FS2Crew on the J41 yet...possibly because of my inexperience with the J41. It feels weird flying the J41 alone...so many things to do and monitor and it isn't single pilot certified. If I had an outage, I think I'd need help, though, I'm not real sure how much help it would be. I have used it a few times and I find it arrogant and, while I'm sure they had fun with that when they made it, it reminds me of an old RW instructor I had. No doubt I'll be the lone dissenter.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Your not alone Neil, I have a ton of addons as well but still have yet to buy FS2Crew. I think the only reason I have not purchased it is mainly due to the fact that I dont want to take the time to learn another program and setup at the moment to really use it properly and to its full potential. One of these days I will probably be bored and buy it and dive in. Plus the fact that I would probably prefer the voice control version but dont want to have to wear a head set with mike and do what ever you need to do so that it recognizes the voice commands.

Sean Campbell

Learning the use of FS2Crew really is not complicated and not so much time consuming. Also configuring your system and voice recognition won't take long and the FS2Crew forum is all willing to help. If was able to do it then I think anybody can. :ph34r:

About the headset I don't even wear over my ears. It's around my neck, I just use it for the mic.

I had the exact same apprehensions, also talking to my computer seemed a strange idea at first (now I call it Roger), but the more I was flying the J41 the more i was feeling the absence of a co-pilot. I wanted to concentrate on the flying, FS2C was really helpfull in that regard.

Thing is with FS2C I don't do anymore the FO flows, so I tend to forget them, but oh well... :rolleyes:

I have all the fs2crew voice versions. They've changed the way I sim, I don't really fly airliners unless they have fs2 crew now.

Come over to the FS2Crew forum we will answer any questions you have :)

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Actually I am addicted to the MD11. But right now I solely use the PMDG NGX and the Level D because of the voice command versions of FS2Crew. Simming can't get better than that.

I think it's borderline essential for flying on Vatsim. The NGX becomes too much of a handful

Err, why? I and many others have hundreds of NGX hours on Vatsim with no problems at all. In fact as a "Vatsim aircraft" it's one of the easiest to use on the network that I've ever come across.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I think it's borderline essential for flying on Vatsim. The NGX becomes too much of a handful when on the network and FS2Crew adds a new dimension to it all

Try flying the Stratocruiser on the network, then you'll know what a handful is. :lol:

Its weird talking to my computer all alone, so I rarely use it myself. But no doubt its a good addon

Johan, you must have a bad day today! Second negative post I came over from you today. :smile:

No matter... I am not using it myself, but I had some old FS2Crew editions. For me, I like the workload, FS2Crew makes already a slow game (whooops, did I say game?) even slower and less workload.

Besides I would prefer button edition. Talking to the computer.... errrrrrrr...... weird.

At least talking to the pc you know what to expect, try talking to your partner about buying another addon for your pc and see if you get a response lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg