Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

A Huge FPS Increase

Stutters can be caused by many different things. My tool only fixes those that faulty textures are responsible for.

I also tried the TextureManager tool on some test folders that I set up. I quickly ended that test when it deleted all textures for some reason :o.

Stutters can be caused by many different things. My tool only fixes those that faulty textures are responsible for.

I'm aware. Just reporting my results for others. Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Mipmap manager left weird looking artefacts on some of the texture tiles in my FS9 install, anyone using it should be aware of this possibility.

I hadn't backed up my textures of course, I'm an idiot :P

Hi, I ran the texture fixer X on FSX setup. I haven't tested at too much length but I haven't really noticed much of a change, if any....except it may have helped with some blurries...I will test further. I noticed that when panning around in my scout VC it seems to be jumpy not smooth anymore. Odd, I see by the lag a couple of files were modified...perhaps thats the issue, I have to test that one out as well, I can just replace the modified textures with originals.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I registered to this forum today ( longtime member of the other site but never bothered to register here ) for the sole purpose of saying thanks. Thank you kiwi for bringing the topic up and thank you so much neumanix for the fabulous utility. I thought the little stutters here and there were just the nature of the beast and I had to live with them. Something as simple as a missing alpha channel had me going through my sceneries and fixing them and now eveything is smooth as glass.

Most dramatically evident was the huge and excellent CYVR by Jonathan Gabbert. When I originally installed it, it was way too stuttery and I concluded that it was just too much for my system and uninstalled. Now I found that a single taxi light bmp was missing the alpha channel and the improvement was tremendous.

People like you are what this community is all about and the sharing of knowledge and software provided makes this old sim even more of a joy for us virtual pilots.

Cheers,

Pete

I'm having very positive results flying in Europe (UK to Netherlands). More FPS less stutters for sure. Neumanix thanks for the utility, may I suggest automatic backup of the changed textures, just in case.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Happy to hear about the good results. There's really no need to make backups as this tool is completely harmless.

There have been a few threads I've started over the years where I wished I'd kept my mouth shut. This is NOT one of them them!!! Thanks everybody for an incredibly fruitful response. Not just opinions but really solid information and even a new utility! Kudos to all of you who have contributed.....

:clapping:

Ian

It helped tremendously with maddog for sure. It used to unload all the scenery and vc textures when I got out of the vc and caused awful blurs. Now it never happens . Thanks a lot for that alone. ^_^

Just an FYI in case it hasn't been noted already:

I just ran my FS9 AI aircraft through dxtfixerx after having made sure they were all mipped as well.

I then ran alphasearcher against the folder and it still reported some files missing the alpha, but dxtfixerx reported there were no problem files.

So I opened a few of the supposedly offending files in imagetool and they were reporting the alpha was present.

So I don't know if that means Alphasearcher is giving some false positives or what but just thought I'd mention it.

They are not missing, but flagged incorrectly in the file as not present. Which is wrong for dxt3 and causes problems with the fs engine and/or the gpu itself. This is what neumanixs tool does, just change the bit without any need for resaving.

Absolutely Brilliant! Before this tool despite 60 FPS I had a HUGE pause when crossing the threshold at LLBG. Now since the changes I have been planting my landings a little firm as I am still expecting the pause but it is gone!!!

thank you again everyone!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Sounds like there is a split decision on mipmapping, if I currently don't have shimmering, is there any benefit? Or should I not fix what isn't broken?

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

They are not missing, but flagged incorrectly in the file as not present. Which is wrong for dxt3 and causes problems with the fs engine and/or the gpu itself. This is what neumanixs tool does, just change the bit without any need for resaving.

Sorry, perhaps my terminology was wrong.

What I was saying was that even after running neumanixs tool I had some files being flagged in alphasearcher but they were not being flagged by dxtfixerx.

So it was like alphasearcher was giving false hits.