Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Midnight Music

What are you doing for real weather and ai?

P3D is really impressive. I am slowly adapting to it and the tweaks suggested here have really helped a lot!

I miss real weather and ai, what are you all doing for those? I have UT2 in FSX and it works really well, but they say they have no plans to adapt it for P3D.

Lee

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

AS2012 weather engine, REXE textures and MyTraffic for P3D for AI

Hi,

Yep, I'm also using AS2012 via network and My Traffic as well.

i use AS2012 although i have to make sure to run it before P3D, otherwise everything turns into a light blue texture for some reason

REX-Essential for weather... but due to Flight1's stance on porting products, I haven't moved UT2.

I have Rex Essential so I need to go read their manual on how to download real weather and implement it into P3D.

Lee

Hi Lee,

It's very straightforward. You buy a p3d key by way of the Configuration page, and then make sure that your "Simulator Folder Location" is pointing at your p3d root directory.

cheers,

jeff

light blue texture for some reason

Seen that before when starting. Think it may be a simconnect deal?

For Weather i swap between ASE and Rex E and AI im using UT2. Working very very well for me :)

I hope in time Flight1 will have a rethink as no one knows how many new FSX disc's there is out there, If MS have stopped pressing them ( as part of the end of support that happened this year ) then it will have a negative effect on future sales for all addon developers when the last remaining stock dries up.

We need the developers to support p3d not the publishers as they just sell what the developers make.

I use AS2012 via simconnect. And FSreal time via FSwide. I copied all my traffic files (mainly WOAI) and AI over from FSX. All works fine.

Real Environment Essential for weather.

MyTraffic3D 5.4a for traffic.

They both work absolutely great! Just make sure you don't install any of the REXe water textures, they KILL performance.

I'm using REX essential for weather. I also have Ultimate Traffic 2. It functions just fine on Prepar3d but it seems to cause a much greater framerate hit compared to FSX. I can run it fine on OrbX, but Mega Airports will be reduced to <10 framerates with UT2 running.

I really wish Flight 1 would optimize the product for Prepar3D, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I tried Rex Essential weather download and it worked fine. I like that you can see what is going on at your selected airports even before you load P3D. As for water textures, I do use the REX Essential textures and I notice no slow down in FPS. Philip, are you sure you about that? Maybe you have Bathymetry on or some other heavy setting active.

Lee

I have REX Essentials - they should have stayed with textures..

LOl. Tru. I find their weather engine, networked using simconnect, almost not useablel. AS2012 is a breeze.

The issue i have is not one single weather engine can do what i want it to and they never will due to poor metars being incomplete or they cant be reached or out of date..

What we need is a cloud engine that can take a satellite image of cloud cover and translate that in to the sim and then deal with the winds secondary to that, i would rather have 80 to 90% correct global cloud cover than 100% correct wind speed but no one wants to do that :(

Just make sure you don't install any of the REXe water textures, they KILL performance.

Philip, this is why we have included the DXT1 option for water.

What we need is a cloud engine that can take a satellite image of cloud cover and translate that in to the sim

We are already experimenting with this.

Hi,

Just curious, is the AI Aircrafts that running in FSX, fully compatible with Prepar3D?

I read a post in this AVSIM forum, that you just have to copy the aircraft and the schedule (.bgl) file into the right folder..

and it works... Is that true?

BR.

Tri

Hi,

Not sure about that, but there is another option. I run MyTraffic, this program was specifically made for P3D. Would be nice if UT2 was made available for P3D, but my understanding is that will not happen.

Hi,

Just curious, is the AI Aircrafts that running in FSX, fully compatible with Prepar3D?

I read a post in this AVSIM forum, that you just have to copy the aircraft and the schedule (.bgl) file into the right folder..

BR.

Tri

Hi,

Yep, I'm also using AS2012 via network and My Traffic as well.

Mike, what did you have to do to get AS2012 working? I would like to get it installed on a networked pc as well.

Hi,

This is how I setup my network.

===================

Configuring Simconnect

===================

1.Folders to share:

A. D:\P3D (This is your Prepar3D Main folder, your drive and folder may be different than mine)

B. C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

C. C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The folders shown above should be shared with read/write permissions

Once the Read/Write is setup, all that's left is to map the drives on the

client computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Your P3D Computer is the server computer (Copy WideServer.dll & WideServer.ini into P3D's "MODULES" folder).

3. Your networked computer is the client.

4. Your firewall software must be configured to allow SimConnect communications on port xxx, You can pick a port (I use 500), just make sure the

port you select is the same in all config files, this includes windows firewall and applies to all computers, both SERVER and CLIENT(s).

5. There are two files which must be configured on the server, they are:

A. SimConnect.xml | Location - C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

B. SimConnect.ini | Location - C:\Users\Mike\My Documents\Prepar3D Files (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

Note: If your unable to see the AppData folder, you must allow hidden files and folders to be shown from within Windows

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: AS2012 use with Prepar3D: You MUST copy an fsx.cfg file into your Servers C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

Folder (Mike shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

This is a required config file for AS2012. If you do not have an fsx.cfg file, just make a copy of your prepar3d.cfg and rename it fsx.cfg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==========================================================

All you need to do is just change the IP Address to yours and select a port

==========================================================

--------------------

SimConnect.xml

--------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

- <SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<Address>192.168.0.40</Address>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

- <SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

-------------------

SimConnect.ini

-------------------

[simConnect]

level=verbose

console=0

;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1

;OutputDebugString=1

;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log

;file_next_index=0

;file_max_index=9

10. Copy the simconnect.msi to all client computers and run the file.

11. Copy the SimConnect.cfg file into the following folder on all client computers.

A. C:\Users\Michael\My Documents (Michael shown in the path statement will change to the user name your using)

--------------------

SimConnect.cfg

--------------------

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.0.40

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

Hope this helps

Copy the simconnect.msi

What Simconnect.msi or where do you find it? If you do not have the FSX SDK installed you wont have one? What is the P3D equivalent of the Simconnect.msi in their SDK package.

Hi,

BR.

Tri

I use WOAI BGL's and AI from various AI makers, they all work fine. Even older PAI AI.. I made a separate folder in my simobjets folder. Named it "AI Aircraft". I install all my AI into that folder. You need to add an entry to the P3D cfg file to activate the folder. All my traffic bgl's go to Scenery \world\scenery file.