Sign in to follow this  
Reason

When pilots report objects in the sky

Too late! The Cheetah, By Boston Dynamics has now reached a running speed of 28mph just a few days ago and I almost posted about it then.

As this research is funded by the Pentagon, I can only assume they have dreams of siccing this thing or its descendants on somebody some day with....... unpleasant results.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/science/running-robot-breaks-speed-record.html

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Too late! The Cheetah, By Boston Dynamics has now reached a running speed of 28mph just a few days ago and I almost posted about it then.

I guess that must be an extension to this little guy...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Yup; soon even soldiers may be out of a job. Right after that, Human beings will be out of a job. :lol:

(Lets hope the the technological singularity is a fairy-tail)

Or there will be nobody for the UFO'S to buzz. (at least nobody we would recognize as human)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hey, check this out...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Well, the presence of those things isn't troubling me, it's that same old 'we only build them to.. erm, rescue, yes rescue wounded sold.. erm people' tenor. :biggrin:

As said, the very same technology can be used in two ways, the user decides about the outcome. So far, they always had more interest in rockets being able to 'port' countries some centuries back in time than in the ones carrying space exploration equipment for example.

As for the robots, I think the military will indeed love them. By the way, has Skynet already taken over? :Worried:

Hey guys, you'll love this. If you have never seen the movie, then do yourself a favour and check it out, it's really very good...

http://youtu.be/LyFZ2zBtJt4

Howard

A Yul Brynner classic! In that film, Skynet has taken over. :He He:

And to return to the topic... check this out at 15mins in....

Howard

I think I still fear that they visit us, then say 'human, we are going to occupy this planet and wipe you out' and we respond 'well, we can help with the latter'. :unsure:

Seems we took care of the UFO problem in 1980 :mellow: :lol:

Devons rig

:LMAO: :LMAO: Glad I don't remember much of the 80's. Have deleted that era of my mind. But this video gives a little flashback :wacko:

<br />Seems we took care of the UFO problem in 1980 <br />

Yes, and I remember 1980 being exactly like that :LMAO:

Matthew Kane

Hee hee, yeah, Gerry Anderson, the producer of UFO was an absolute genius. He was years ahead of his time. I mean, how many TV series can be reinvented more than thirty years later and then have a cult following of children, which of course he did just with Thuunderbirds. I was absolutely crazy about that programme as a 12 year old and then 30 years later my son was just as hooked on it. I remember one christmas scouring the shops for hours trying to get him a Tracy Island! Ah well, good memories.... 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!!

Howard