Sign in to follow this  
Reason

When pilots report objects in the sky

Isn't that Sweden, or Swedish etc

We wouldn't want to upset our Swedish members on here with any bad Swedish Stereotypes:

Oh yea, I did that one too...don't want to upset that guy because he has plenty of Lawsuit Money to come after me

(I before E, except after C) I get it now :LMAO:

Cheers Guys :drinks:

Definitely only one "e" in "swedish", yes. And thanks for the video. Good one. :)

And by the way we don't dislike norwegians, even though they've always sided with the danes against us, but naturally we do have as many jokes about them as they have about us. All in good spirit of course. :)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

They have the full movie on YT? :huh: I don't get that copyright stuff.

Well, who would be mad enough to watch a well made, exiting movie like this at low quality stamp size while you can buy the dvd for less than 10 bucks. Fantastic experience in the cinema, still great to watch on TV, a waste of time and ones butt to watch the full movie on YT. Just my opinion but possibly ICT's too. :smile:

Jan

Definitely only one "e" in "swedish", yes. And thanks for the video. Good one. :)

And by the way we don't dislike norwegians, even though they've always sided with the danes against us, but naturally we do have as many jokes about them as they have about us. All in good spirit of course. :)

:lol:

Yeah, sorry about calling you Sweedish with 2 e's.

When I'm in Denmark they always ask If I'm Swedish, they seem too take this rivalry a bit further than us Norwegians :P. They also seem to have trouble hearing the difference between Norwegian and Swedish language.

Oh, yes we love those jokes about you Sweedish people ^_^

:lol:

Yeah, sorry about calling you Sweedish with 2 e's.

When I'm in Denmark they always ask If I'm Swedish, they seem too take this rivalry a bit further than us Norwegians :P. They also seem to have trouble hearing the difference between Norwegian and Swedish language.

Oh, yes we love those jokes about you Sweedish people ^_^

Ouch..

Ouch..

I'm from the northern parts of Norway so I'm excused :P . We can be a bit rough, maybe because of the hard climate. Hope I didn't step to hard on anyones toes :rolleyes:

About the Muppets swedish chef there is a discussion going among linguistics professors at the Universety in Stockholm Sweden that the language he uses Is based on Norwegian.

They don't seem to happy about that chef as many times been asked to translate what he says :P Offcoure they can't as It's only gibberish.

You Swedish people can read about it here: http://www.nrk.no/ku...dning/1.8300323

But back on topic, have anyone seen some more extraterrestrials :LMAO:

Bah, the danes are just angry because we have managed to produce food that's even smellier than their cheese. :P

I'm from the northern parts of Norway so I'm excused. We can be a bit rough, maybe because of the hard climate. Hope I didn't step to hard on anyones toes :rolleyes:

But back on topic, have anyone seen some more extraterrestrials :LMAO:

No worries at all. :smile:

As for the extraterrestrials I'm still not sure whether the people who posts comments on Youtube are actually human or not. I'd look into it but I fear for my sanity, or what's left of it...

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Well, who would be mad enough to watch a well made, exiting movie like this [Capricorn One on youtube] at low quality stamp size while you can buy the dvd for less than 10 bucks. Fantastic experience in the cinema, still great to watch on TV, a waste of time and ones butt to watch the full movie on YT. Just my opinion but possibly ICT's too. :smile:

Yeah Cap One's quality on YT is not so hot, but remember to set the resolution to the best possible via the cogged wheel icon at bottom right to see if you can live with it.

And like everything on YT, you can click the 'fullscreen' icon at bottom right to make it fill your whole screen.

At a guess I'd estimate about 60% of all movies ever made are free on YT, (and a lot of TV shows and series) but resolution quality varies from poor to excellent.

The hilarity the thread is heading towards is a good example of why a pilot might tend to withhold a report. :Nerd:

I fully agree, but it's funny either way.

I also agree with the folks stating that Capricorn One is well worth buying. I didn't make the step up to the Bluray thingy, but the DVD was a good choice back then.

Besides, even the known stuff in space blows my mind, so I'm not surprised when the unknown stuff later adds to it. ^_^

And when directors pick some settings like these to play with the imagination, it gives me the creeps, sorta.

Brilliant! One of my most favourite of all time films...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Same here, Howard. But don't ask me how long it took. As I first saw it, I was :blink: . Turns out that it got better and better, classy and outstanding, over time.

Same here, Howard. But don't ask me how long it took. As I first saw it, I was :blink: . Turns out that it got better and better, classy and outstanding, over time.

Hi matey, sure, I first saw it when I was 15 and I remember sitting in my bedroom, staring at the poster that I got from the cinema and wondering where I'd be and what I'd be doing in 2001... well that has gone and here we all are in 2012!!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hi matey, sure, I first saw it when I was 15 and I remember sitting in my bedroom, staring at the poster that I got from the cinema and wondering where I'd be and what I'd be doing in 2001... well that has gone and here we all are in 2012!!

There are few reasons why that vision of the future could not have been close to reality.

I always think the chief reason is that we seem as a species to find it much more exciting to use that money blowing each other up.

No manned Jupiter mission in any of our lifetimes, it seems, but we just might get to meet Hal's grandad if we are lucky.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

but we just might get to meet Hal's grandad if we are lucky.

Well... he may just have arrived...

Howard

Geez, that's impressive. I recall early videos of that robot guy, but the things like opening the bottle and jumping around is amazing progress.

I'm sure they will promote those robots as help for handicapped people or as workers in dangerous environments. By this, they would be honest about the one path scientific progress has to offer. However, as a matter of fact and perhaps following Devon's post on the 'blowing up each other', there also is another path incorporating the very same science, but leading to a different outcome.