Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Skill set....Check

Look closely in the air at the beginning seeing him fighting the wind. One word for the pilot flying..BOSS.

Eric 

Ooooff, Ropey weather indeed. Well placed than man/woman. And I agree with Airbusman330. That united livery is just bloody awful.

That vid reminds me of a flight I had myself from Amsterdam back to my native Cardiff one night. At one point the the aircraft was skewed so much by the crosswind I could see the runway myself out of the side of the plane. The lady flying got us down though, all be it with a thump. The old bmi baby 737-300 gave one hell of a rattle and I really thought it would be a go around but not a chance. Really was the only flight I had been on where even I thought Hmmm, Not sure about this.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

WOW! Skills like a baws!!

From the same uploader, a 738 with go around, also amazing skills!

WOW! Skills like a baws!!

From the same uploader, a 738 with go around, also amazing skills!

Looked like a hell of a day there for the striped shoulders.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Seems like Narita is one of the windiest places out there? Those winds are virtually tossing the aircraft around as it seems in the videos.

Seems like Narita is one of the windiest places out there? Those winds are virtually tossing the aircraft around as it seems in the videos.

It's always windy like this during the summer months. With typhoons hitting the Japanese mainland every couple weeks, it gets nasty out there. I fly into NRT and HND often and always a little uneasy on those windy approaches. The guys with stripes on thier sholders sure earned thier hard earned cash that day...

Cheers,

Tino

Sante Sottile

Seems like Narita is one of the windiest places out there?

Lajes Field, Azores has some pretty wicked crosswinds too. Living there back in the early '80s, it was fun watching the arrivals fight the heavy winds. Go looks at some of the photos from there on A.net. Cannot post an example due to forum restriction.

I got to give credit to Goodrich. The left bogey really took a l lot of abuse on that one. To be that large and absorb that much energy is amazing. Engineering at its best.

Chuck Biggins

Great landing and that wing flex was incredible. The pilot sure earned his/her pay cheque that day! One thing is for sure - the last thing most passengers sitting at the window want to see is the entire length of the runway in front of them. I'm sure they'd rather see just the edge of it (as you normally would when not coming in at nearly 45deg side-on).