Sign in to follow this  
batera86

FSX crashes when I fly with 737NGX

Hello captains and pilots!

I've got a situation with 737NGX, and I hope some of you can help me.

First of all, here's my PC settings:

- Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene

- HD: 480 GB SSD Corsair

- Processor: Intel i7 3.77

- RAM memory: 16 GB DDR3 2133Mhz

- Power Supply: 1300 watts

- Graphic Card: GTX 690

- Operating System: Windows 7 64bits Service Pack 1 with all updates

- Flight Simulator X with Service Pack 2 (Acceleration)

- PMDG 737NGX with Service Pack 1c

I have no addons installed by now, and no antivirus too.

FSX crashes during the flight with the famous message: "FSX.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" (image attached).

Sometimes this error also appears when I finish a flight or when I exit a flight pressing the ESC key.

I searched for info about this issue, and I've already tried to do the following:

- Give total permission to FSX folder

- Disable UAC

- Disable Windows Firewall

- Replace uiautomationcore.dll with other DLL version

- Install 737NGX as administrator

- Run FSX as administrator

- Install the latest DirectX version available on Microsoft website

- Update Graphic Card driver

But none of these solved my problem...

What can I do next? Any help will be appreciated!

What can I do next? Any help will be appreciated!

I'm in the same position....please let me know if you find anything out!

First off, make sure that you leave the default flight as is; trike at Friday Harbour, do not change that. Second, have you added this to your FSX.cfg?

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

The HIGHMEMFIX is something that ACES forgot to put into FSX.

\Robert Hamlich/

- Replace uiautomationcore.dll with other DLL version

I believe you are not to replace the orginal but place the new one in the root fsx folder.

Jeff Smith

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Any lod radius mods? leave it at 4.5 if you want to fly complex babies like the NGX.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

First off, make sure that you leave the default flight as is; trike at Friday Harbour, do not change that. Second, have you added this to your FSX.cfg?

[Graphics]

HIGHMEMFIX=1

The HIGHMEMFIX is something that ACES forgot to put into FSX.

Yes, perhaps also try lowering autogen. FYI, ACA 4049, ACES forgot to put a lot of stuff into fsx. P3D is what fsx should have been.

You could also try a fresh panelstate file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState

if you have been starting from or loading a saved .FLT file delete the .fmc and .sav of the same name.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi there,

After exhausting every possible fix for the crash problem, I have thrown in the towel. Instead of spending hours scouring the depths of the internet and countless more testing, I have learned to live with it. Having said that, there are several things you can do to minimize fatal errors.

-Re-read the manual to ensure FSX is properly configured for 737NGX

-Always fly 737NGX in full sceen

-Do not change the default flight

-Change current location, current time and season, and current weather BEFORE loading 737NGX

-After loading NGX, click Fly Now! If you need to change anything, including livery, close FSX and start over

-Do not access the menus in flight unless absolutely neccessary. Every time you hit Alt brings you one mouse click closer to fatal error

-Do not crash! A crash brings down FSX every time. You can turn crash detection off to solve this, but I leave it on (adds stress and a sense of urgency to every take off and landing)

-Upon completion of your flight, exit from the menu by clicking Flight, then Exit. This should be the only time you access the menu

I hope this helps. I understand that every system is different, but by following this list, I never have fatal errors anymore. 737NGX is a beautiful but fickle beast and needs to be treated with love and respect!

-Always fly 737NGX in full screen

FSX has a memory leak in full screen mode. I always fly in windowed mode. The memory leak will show up sooner or later just depending on your total memory resources. To see for yourself, go full screen mode and keep switching views.

Michael, that is interesting that you say that. I never fly in any mode other than full screen. I switch views a fair bit during sessions, though not excessively. I have FSX on a W7 Home Premium 64 install with 6Gb RAM... I haven't had FSX quit on me for an OOM or such since I installed it on this machine...

How many times do you need to change views to "force" this one?

A

I don't know about how many "view changes" it takes to 'ruin your day', but I remember having this problem as well. I went 'windowed' and didn't have problems for a long time. I also replaced the "uiautomationcore.dll" with the appropriate x64 one. I included the highmemfix=1 as well. I had no problems for months

Then I started encountering the same error message as you. While I cannot see the full log you received, mine was due to a "g3d.dll" crash. Installing the latest (unpaid, as I am short on funds) version of FSUIPC fixed this error for me.

I do not know if you have done any of what I mentioned, or even in your CTD's are similar to mine. I just wanted to state what I did to fix my problems.

FSX seems to have been poorly developed and there are a lot of problems that can sneak out of the shadows to ruin a flight. I am apologize if what I have mentioned has already been done. Just wanted to share my fixes.

Michael, that is interesting that you say that. I never fly in any mode other than full screen. I switch views a fair bit during sessions, though not excessively. I have FSX on a W7 Home Premium 64 install with 6Gb RAM... I haven't had FSX quit on me for an OOM or such since I installed it on this machine...

How many times do you need to change views to "force" this one?

A

+1, no problems here !!

FSX has a memory leak in full screen mode. I always fly in windowed mode. The memory leak will show up sooner or later just depending on your total memory resources. To see for yourself, go full screen mode and keep switching views.

Interesting. Glad that I've got 12GB of RAM and could successfully finish multi-hour flights with extensive view switching, weather addons running etc. in full screen mode.

Windowed mode is a no-go for me. Totally takes away the immersion.

Dave P. Woycek