Sign in to follow this  
cobrakev1526

Pure and hopefully speculation on the future of P3D

LM aren't interested in making anything for 'serious flight sim enthusiasts' when it comes down to it. That's merely a spin off. Bashing the 'gamers' can't exactly be done from the high ground. Gamers spend money that FS developers can only dream about.

LM aren't interested in making anything for 'serious flight sim enthusiasts' when it comes down to it. That's merely a spin off. Bashing the 'gamers' can't exacting be done from the high ground. Gamers spend money that FS developers can only dream about.

Money that they stole from somewhere or acquired via other forms of knavery no doubt. Anyhow the only advantage they have over us is their numbers. Ours is still a higher form of "entertainment".

I don't disagree with that sentiment. I'm just bemused by the way that people who aren't 'serious' about simming are treated with such disdain.

Money that they stole from somewhere or acquired via other forms of knavery no doubt. Anyhow the only advantage they have over us is their numbers. Ours is still a higher form of "entertainment".

Please tell me you are kidding... Otherwise, this is the most ridiculous assumption I've read in a while.

- My name is BimmerCop and I approve this message

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Me thinks tongue is firmly in cheek, Efrain. ;-)

G'day all,

Has anyone ever contemplated that Lockheed Martin do NOT want to sell and never will want to sell into the "entertainment" market? It does not take more than a few moments of browsing these forums to know that supporting an "entertainment" product is NOT entertainment, it is a flamin" nightmare.

My money is backing the concept that when LM are happy with the sim, post Ver 2.0 release, then a player who is already in the entertainment and hobby market will get the nod and license from LM to market AND support a non-professional version of Prepar3D.

Cheers, Mac

Regarding the current contractual restraints within the LM/MS licence, and if this may change in the future, I wouldn't be too eager to assume that the same restrictions will remain in V2. Who knows, it may well be that the code is changed to such an extent that it becomes removed from the original FSX internal engine to such a degree that P3D could legally be viewed as a new sim. Who knows, just a passing thought...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Rockcliffe,

that has been my idea for some time, too. With a growing self-created codebase - and add MS's vanishing interest in flight simulation - LM will be in quite another position when it comes to extending the license. I would not think about version 2, though, IMO we should speak about a time frame of 5 years, at least.

So I'd just sit back, enjoy what we have now (I have P3D Professional, which runs excellently) and wait.

Regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I have a very difficult time believing that LM does not want to sell to the "entertainment"market. If that was the case they wouldn't be advertising and encouraging all the third party add on s for FSX. In fact they would condemn it and wouldn't be cooperating with these developers.

And it's simple to change the wording intentions when the time comes. The majority of simmers take flying seriously and view it much beyond than being entertainment. Personally I've learned so much and has been a invaluable educational experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Do you all think that LM came out with their new licenses because they were thinking about us poor "entertainment" market simmers....seriously.

3PD came up with this idea (one in particular) to sell more products, how much money will 3PD make with their addons compare to LM's licenses?

PMDG is not getting on board with LM for a dam good reason, what if one day (because of EULA or pressure from another company) LM ask you to show them proof of your enrolment in a school like this one "Academy College" http://www.academycollege.edu/aviation-programs-clear-page or this one http://www.fmuniv.edu/portfolio/aviation-department-commercial/ ...for you to use their license as they are not for "entertainment"...then what? Do you think that because of reasonning like this " Personally I've learned so much and has been a invaluable educational experience." or this one "No, there is nothing unacademic about my use, and I am sure yours, of P3D." you will get LM's approval?

Lets face it, there is two camp here, the camp who read what ever they want in the LM license for their own purpose and the camp who do not read more then what's written in the EULA...should I say PMDG for example?

Do you all think that LM came out with their new licenses because they were thinking about us poor "entertainment" market simmers....seriously.

3PD came up with this idea (one in particular) to sell more products, how much money will 3PD make with their addons compare to LM's licenses?

PMDG is not getting on board with LM for a dam good reason, what if one day (because of EULA or pressure from another company) LM ask you to show them proof of your enrolment in a school like this one "Academy College" http://www.academyco...rams-clear-page or this one http://www.fmuniv.ed...ent-commercial/ ...for you to use their license as they are not for "entertainment"...then what? Do you think that because of reasonning like this " Personally I've learned so much and has been a invaluable educational experience." or this one "No, there is nothing unacademic about my use, and I am sure yours, of P3D." you will get LM's approval?

Lets face it, there is two camp here, the camp who read what ever they want in the LM license for their own purpose and the camp who do not read more then what's written in the EULA...should I say PMDG for example?

Yes, you have made your opinions known more than a few dozen times. So, would you care to add anything new?

PMDG is not getting on board with LM for a dam good reason, what if one day (because of EULA or pressure from another company) LM ask you to show them proof of your enrolment in a school like this one "Academy College" http://www.academyco...rams-clear-page or this one http://www.fmuniv.ed...ent-commercial/ ...for you to use their license as they are not for "entertainment"...then what? Do you think that because of reasonning like this " Personally I've learned so much and has been a invaluable educational experience." or this one "No, there is nothing unacademic about my use, and I am sure yours, of P3D." you will get LM's approval?

Yes, you have made your opinions known more than a few dozen times. So, would you care to add anything new?

words, speculation, innuendo, rumors, second guessing - how about we all STFU and just enjoy P3D. if something changes down the line - deal with it then? Who knows - the world could end on 12/21/12 and then all this BS will have accomplished nothing - just like it is now.

For me - I could care less about licensing, EULA's and the like - I enjoy flying P3D and I will continue to do so until such time as I am unable to do so and then I will switch to something else.

Life is too short - don't worry about things you have no control over.

Just MHO,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Whoa there now.

Down talking gamers, or alienating anyone from the flight simulation world just isn't a good thing to do. Gamers are often the serious flight sim'rs of the future, and they always help to increase the market share that keeps numerous developers pushing forward.

I am NOT a gamer, and while I admit that I hate to see someone new post using the word "play" or "game", I'm not about to alienate someone who at one point or another may reach out to learn more and possibly take things to new levels.

One of the the reasons I belong to a private group, is because it's made of like minded guys who are devoted to flying commercial aircraft using real world procedures both on the flight deck and with ATC. SHARED COCKPIT under those conditions is INCREDIBLE, especially during a VATSIM event!

I don't expect everyone to fly at my level (and I'm still learning most every day) and by what I sometimes see on VATSIM it's fairly obvious that there are a lot of folks on the network who don't! But they might someday if we provide an environment for them to grow and learn. Thus, OVPA - admittedly off to a slow start, but building up steam!

Anyway, what a tremendous hobby! Over 20 years, and I'm still learning, and enjoying myself more than in my first year! Man, I really feel blessed, especially in light of the wonderful friends I've made and share this incredible hobby with.

Thanks for giving me a minute to voice my opinion.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Please, tell me what's new in this thread?

words, speculation, innuendo, rumors, second guessing - how about we all STFU and just enjoy P3D. if something changes down the line - deal with it then? Who knows - the world could end on 12/21/12 and then all this BS will have accomplished nothing - just like it is now.

For me - I could care less about licensing, EULA's and the like - I enjoy flying P3D and I will continue to do so until such time as I am unable to do so and then I will switch to something else.

Life is too short - don't worry about things you have no control over.

Just MHO,

Vic

At least you still care :-P :-)

- My name is BimmerCop and I approve this message

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️