Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

FSL A320

PS2: Haven't tried yet HotFix11 that came out today or yesterday. It claims to partially fix the radial critical issue.

No it doesn't.

Still the same critical bug.

Aerosft never claimed it was a competitor to the NGX, it's aimed at people who load a flightplan with SIDS and STARS, and land.

Simple as.

There are bugs of course,but they are being addresed.

It's a very big move to rip out the FSX engine,and create an A320.

FSL have been at it for ages,and other developers have tried and failed.

Give them some credit at least.

In any case, this is supposed to be a discussion on the up and coming FSL Airbus.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Before Pontius Pilot!!!!!

My god Ian, did you mean Pontius Pilote. So you were born prior to AD 26. :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok:

Give us the secret. Was it calorie restriction? Some kind of genetic fluke? Or are you an alien? :P

It's a funny old expression isn't it?

Bless the RAF...

Having read the FSL forums am i correct in saying the FSL will have two releases and (i guess) prices. The 'Basic' model with no (or very limited failures) and some kind of 'professional' release with full failure modes?

The NGX had full failures, why would i pay the same price for a functionally crippled model?

Obviously if i have not understood i unreservedly apologise.

Ian R Tyldesley

but I prefer glass for commercial.

Just passing some information along. The Leonardo Maddog has a complete digital HSI, which is fully integrated with the Flight Director, NAV/VNAV and FMS (called something different on the MD-80). It also has a fully integrated EFIS display. If that is what you mean by "glass cockpit". The Pro version of the software allows one to select between three different cockpits, one of which is analog (not my cup of tea either).

Just saying...

Sorry to digress, but just clarifying. The Maddog certainly isn't for everyone, she's can require a lot of reading, learning and practice to fully appreciate, and you have to really enjoy learning and operating the various systems as they should be operated in order to fully appreciate this model. Nothing else like her, unfortunately.

Dave

NGX, MD-11 owner.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Just passing some information along. The Leonardo Maddog has a complete digital HSI, which is fully integrated with the Flight Director, NAV/VNAV and FMS (called something different on the MD-80). It also has a fully integrated EFIS display. If that is what you mean by "glass cockpit". The Pro version of the software allows one to select between three different cockpits, one of which is analog (not my cup of tea either).

Just saying...

Sorry to digress, but just clarifying. The Maddog certainly isn't for everyone, she's can require a lot of reading, learning and practice to fully appreciate, and you have to really enjoy learning and operating the various systems as they should be operated in order to fully appreciate this model. Nothing else like her, unfortunately.

Dave

NGX, MD-11 owner.

Dave, you have piqued my curiosity. How are the frame rates with the Pro version this plane? Is it a steep learning curve?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I was curious about the Maddog, and am still bordering on the edge of getting it. Concorde is next on my list, but after that I may venture out, it's just that the NGX has me spoilt with it's graphics it looks the Maddog look like a poor aircraft, but I'm sure it's not, as it's always acclaimed as the best system wise aircraft out there for FSX.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

How are the frame rates with the Pro version this plane?

The framerates are very good. Better than the NGX, even better than the PMDG 747-400X.

Is it a steep learning curve?

It is a little more difficult than the NGX.

Mainly, it has a little more complex start-up procedure (from cold & dark), and you need to be very careful about icing and anti-ice (the best icing code I have seen in an addon aircraft for FSX - and all the 4-5 addon aircraft I have are very good and very complex).

You also need to be careful with your engines, how you start them (no hot-starts), and how you operate them (no more power than a certain value during take-off roll because they either overheat or develop a compressor stall - either way -> they shut down).

The FMC is the same as in a Boeing.

The framerates are very good. Better than the NGX, even better than the PMDG 747-400X.

It is a little more difficult than the NGX.

Mainly, it has a little more complex start-up procedure (from cold & dark), and you need to be very careful about icing and anti-ice (the best icing code I have seen in an addon aircraft for FSX - and all the 4-5 addon aircraft I have are very good and very complex).

You also need to be careful with your engines, how you start them (no hot-starts), and how you operate them (no more power than a certain value during take-off roll because they either overheat or develop a compressor stall - either way -> they shut down).

The FMC is the same as in a Boeing.

Sounds very interesting. Does it come with a quick start/setup guide? Is there a lot to the fuel management? I don't care if it is, just curious. As well are there nav updates via Navigraph? Finally what modrl is it based on? The 80, 82, 83 , 87 or 88?

Eric 

Having read the FSL forums am i correct in saying the FSL will have two releases and (i guess) prices. The 'Basic' model with no (or very limited failures) and some kind of 'professional' release with full failure modes?

The NGX had full failures, why would i pay the same price for a functionally crippled model?

Obviously if i have not understood i unreservedly apologise.

The A320X will have a failure model/service-based failures in the FSX version. The "professional" version will be for a different platform (I think it will be P3D as Andy W. has mentioned an interest in it) and will have failure "triggering", i.e. set engine failure at V1 etc. The purpose of this is to make a certified training product that FSX's 'entertainment' license will not cover.

I was curious about the Maddog, and am still bordering on the edge of getting it. Concorde is next on my list, but after that I may venture out, it's just that the NGX has me spoilt with it's graphics it looks the Maddog look like a poor aircraft, but I'm sure it's not, as it's always acclaimed as the best system wise aircraft out there for FSX.

I dusted off my Maddog a few months ago after shelving it due to outdated graphics. To be honest, I find the NGX is now shelved! It is the only aircraft that requires total concentration and procedure following as well as systems monitoring for a true purpose. Very enjoyable, the shared cockpit is also a great and currently unique feature.

Does it come with a quick start/setup guide?

They give you:

- a full operations manual (100s of pages)

- a user manual (installation, and explanation of the tools, GUIs and extra menus)

- a full flight tutorial

Is there a lot to the fuel management?

No. There is nothing you have to do about fuel management. The load manager will load your load & fuel correctly. And will inform you whether or not all numbers (ZFW, TOW and TO-CoG) are in range.

As well are there nav updates via Navigraph?

Both via Navigraph or NavDataPro. It uses the PMDG data set. All you have to do is copy the dataset to the Maddog's relevant directory, and run a special provided tool once, to parse the text files and make some corrections for compatibility reasons.

Finally what modrl is it based on? The 80, 82, 83 , 87 or 88?

MD-82.

Actually, the Maddog is semi-glass. It does have an ND (with an LNAV-VNAV capable FMC), but it does not have a PFD.

There will be only three commercial aircraft types in my fsx hangar. PMDG 737 & 777 series and the FSL A320 series. IMHO all the rest are a waste of time and money for those that want maximum realism. But to each their own.

I think you can include the jetstream 41 and the md-11 in that mix too.

Those are definitely not wastes of money.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

There will be only three commercial aircraft types in my fsx hangar. PMDG 737 & 777 series and the FSL A320 series. IMHO all the rest are a waste of time and money for those that want maximum realism.

On another note, also go get the MD-11.

It is an excellent aircraft, by all terms.

And (as the real world aircraft), systemwise, it is extremely Airbus-like (very increased automation, "smarter" aircraft, dark-cockpit philosophy, and a very Airbus-like FMC).