Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

FSL A320

Just to stir you up a bit more...

I'm 55, been simming since before many of you were born. Love Airbus.

But deleted Airbus extended within a few hours of installation.

There's no way any sensible person would expect such a product to compete with the FSL Airbus. The time, effort, talent, and technology thats gone into the FSL Airbus is phenomenal!

So why did you buy it? You should've read the description...C'mon you're 55! You should've known better! Aerosoft NEVER advertised the Airbus X Extended as an in depth simulation. So stop bashing them! If you can't fly the Airbus then ask for assistance. Look dude in 10 years you're gonna have to go to Social Security (if you live in the USA) you're gonna have to ask for assistance, so basically what I'm saying is that you're old and should be wise, but in your case maybe not...

Reik Namreg

So I take it the consensus is the Maddog has an excellent FDE? Also how is the VC night lighting?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

So why did you buy it? You should've read the description...C'mon you're 55! You should've known better! Aerosoft NEVER advertised the Airbus X Extended as an in depth simulation. So stop bashing them! If you can't fly the Airbus then ask for assistance. Look dude in 10 years you're gonna have to go to Social Security (if you live in the USA) you're gonna have to ask for assistance, so basically what I'm saying is that you're old and should be wise, but in your case maybe not...

That was uncalled for, not nice at all. You should totally think over what you just said.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

"So why did you buy it? You should've read the description...C'mon you're 55! You should've known better! Aerosoft NEVER advertised the Airbus X Extended as an in depth simulation. So stop bashing them! If you can't fly the Airbus then ask for assistance. Look dude in 10 years you're gonna have to go to Social Security (if you live in the USA) you're gonna have to ask for assistance, so basically what I'm saying is that you're old and should be wise, but in your case maybe not... "

Hope you will be banned for insulting behavior...

too much, too soon....

So I take it the consensus is the Maddog has an excellent FDE? Also how is the VC night lighting?

I've flown her for several years now, and fly shared cockpit as well. There is an Alpha Texture Fix and VC Light Fix that I highly recommend, but the standard is fine.

Best thing to do is give her a try. Best kept secret in FSX. Guarantee that anyone tells you different didn't read the manual or should be flying FS9 with their system. The real world Delta flight manuals (FCOM/QRF) work for 99% of the procedures as published... done them.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0409/Leonardo/Maddog.htm

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1110/Leonardo/Maddog.html

Pretty good reviews. Night lighting have some problems(dome light i think), but you can find fixes in maddog forums. For me, the Maddog is still number 1

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Uncool to attack someone's age, even if they bring it up.

As far as the Aerosoft Airbus Extended is concerned... I'm basically a Boeing guy, but I purchased it and noted the price was roughly half of what i paid for the FSX, therefore i expected about half and got more than I expected. Plus, I'm sure (well, I hope) we haven't seen the last of the updates and additions for this aircraft. Given what's on the market for Airbus right now, I think it's a nice aircraft.

It's all relative.

Guys, we all have opinions and have the right to state them (without attacking anyone or what they think).

Man, I long for the day when we can have decent, intelligent, meaningful and informative conversations. Lately all I read is bickering and misinformation.

For goodness sakes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I've flown her for several years now, and fly shared cockpit as well. There is an Alpha Texture Fix and VC Light Fix that I highly recommend, but the standard is fine.

Best thing to do is give her a try. Best kept secret in FSX. Guarantee that anyone tells you different didn't read the manual or should be flying FS9 with their system. The real world Delta flight manuals (FCOM/QRF) work for 99% of the procedures as published... done them.

Dave

Dave, those two fixes you mention, are they in the Maddog forum? Lucky you having the Delta QRF!

Eric 

You burn him for bashing, and then you turn right around and bash him.

Nice. Uncalled for.

Hi kettle, meet pot.

If I could report your post I would but for some reason tapatalk disabled that feature in their latest update.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Indeed, especially Leonardo maddog is better than 737NGX as a system simulation, simulates hot starts, circuit breakers etc. Of course it's graphically not as good but so what?

+1

I love the NGX but many simmers out there are missing out if they haven't tried the Maddog or Concorde X. Now those are aircrafts that are VERY in-depth.....maybe too much?...Anyway, judging from the Concorde X, the A320 is going to set the bar even higher....

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Maybe we should go back on topic.

Can anybody suggest any good third party books that explain the Airbus philosophy in preparation for the FSL A320?

Dave, those two fixes you mention, are they in the Maddog forum? Lucky you having the Delta QRF!

The VC Light Fix is... it's in the Flt the Maddog forums itself. The Alpha Textures (makes the view changes a little faster) ... I believe is available here on AVSIM.

The Delta FCOM and QRF is available for download on the OVPA website (see link in my signature). Enjoy! It's FANTASTIC seeing all the things that work to real world procedures.

many simmers out there are missing out if they haven't tried the Maddog or Concorde X

You said it brother! +1

Dave Hodges

C'mon you're 55! You should've known better! Aerosoft NEVER advertised the Airbus X Extended as an in depth simulation. So stop bashing them! If you can't fly the Airbus then ask for assistance. Look dude in 10 years you're gonna have to go to Social Security (if you live in the USA) you're gonna have to ask for assistance, so basically what I'm saying is that you're old and should be wise, but in your case maybe not...

That was uncalled for, not nice at all. You should totally think over what you just said.

Hope you will be banned for insulting behavior...

Guys, we all have opinions and have the right to state them (without attacking anyone or what they think).

Man, I long for the day when we can have decent, intelligent, meaningful and informative conversations. Lately all I read is bickering and misinformation

You burn him for bashing, and then you turn right around and bash him.

Nice. Uncalled for.

Hi kettle, meet pot.

If I could report your post I would but for some reason tapatalk disabled that feature in their latest update.

Two senile old farts (even though I don't dare do that just in case, but that depends...), Tom Allensworth and myself, are going to meet on a park bench, feed the pigeons and mumble how we feel about Eric's post, and the prospects of his future as a happy member of AVSIM. If we can crank up the earpieces and remember what the conclusions are, we might ask one of the young fellows who push us around like Chase to do the honors, since it is time for our naps anyway. Gotta go right now (even though I usually can't), because the wheelchair van has come to pick up those of us with day passes, and the young idiot is honking the horn and yelling for us to hurry up!