Here is the link.. http://www.guru3d.co...r_download.html

Downloading right now, I'll report later.

Edit: Well, so far this is the best driver I've installed on my machine, I'm using this driver with DX10 and when testing I always push FSX close to the max, LOD at 9.5 with car traffic at 45% +++ using MiamiX, frame rate locked at 30 FPS, not a stutter what so ever, paning around Miami airport like crazy trying to force stutters....to no avail, rock solid.

Don't know what kind of result you guys will get if you try it but this is a keeper for me.

Good luck all.

I noticed on the GeForce announcement page here this paragraph:

Configuring SGSSAA to reach this level of detail can at times be tricky due to the need to counteract texture blurring that occurs when using the technique. With a Negative LOD Bias, applied via NVIDIA Inspector, texture quality can be restored, but unfortunately the correct value can only be ascertained through trial and error.

Following repeated calls from users for a solution, we silently introduced an automatic LOD Bias feature in last month’s 310.33 beta driver, which we’re pleased to officially announce today. Now, users need only enable Sparse Grid Supersampling in the profile of a compatible game in NVIDIA Inspector, and the new feature will do the rest.

I am using Word Not Allowed's Nvidia Inspector configuration with SGSS AA, so I wonder if this might improve my performance with that. I don't tend to go for beta drivers, though, so I will probably wait for the 310 WHQL release.

Thanks Alain,

310.54 seems to work well with DX9 as well. No problems so far and good performance.

Kind regards,

'm using this driver with DX10 and when testing I always push FSX close to the max, LOD at 9.5 with car traffic at 45% +++ using MiamiX, frame rate locked at 30 FPS, not a stutter what so ever, paning around Miami airport like crazy trying to force stutters....to no avail, rock solid.

Same here.... This driver has smoothed out all of my stutter problems that I was having with the earlier one... Glad that Nvidia is so faithful to their consumer base in regards to driver support. :smile:

Gonna have to give these a try. Thanks op.

Edit: Do you guys recommend a driver sweeper or do you just uninstall the old and put on the new

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gonna have to give these a try. Thanks op.

Edit: Do you guys recommend a driver sweeper or do you just uninstall the old and put on the new

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just run the Nvidia installer, if you want to delete settings then tick the clean install option. I don't think there's any advantage to running some kind of sweeper, in fact it might do more harm than good.

I just installed these drivers and I'm happy to report that for my old GTX285, they are the best so far.

I went through the usual stuff, testing different AA modes with GPU-Z to monitor the GPU load.

I found that 16xS and 8xSupersampling now stays below 100% GPU load even in the worst weather and the image quality is very nice.

There is almost no shimmer and no stutters in my FS9 with these settings.

Give it a try, it looks like a good alternative to the GPU hungry SparseGridSuperSampling.

Beta drivers is scarey! :blush:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Beta drivers is scarey! :blush:

Naaaaa, if it does not work for you you can always go back to what was working before, the driver will not brake anything.

Same here.... This driver has smoothed out all of my stutter problems that I was having with the earlier one... Glad that Nvidia is so faithful to their consumer base in regards to driver support. :smile:

Sorry, but thats really amusing. No solution for driver stopping issue since 5 years, possibility to burn out the GPU with standard driver settings (NVIDIA: "The 470GTX is totally able to handle such high temperatures..." lol), and not to forget the sheer amount of driversize. NASA was able to land on the moon with the usage of 32kb memory but to run a fegging gfx card in your pc, you'll need 200Mb+. Thats ridicolous.

Unfortunately, there's no real alternative because AMD is producing the same ######.

Regards

Hirschi