Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Everyone Loves P3D aka FSX SP3 but these forums are slow and dead :(

I can see your point of view, but I really have found P3D a better sim to date. It runs better than FSX ever did for me.

Same here. FSX was prone to crashing and P3d is rock solid, at least for me. The base scenery in P3d is as good as FSX with add-ons such as UTX.

Well, I purchased P3D the day Windows8 came out. Since that day I haven't had a period of more than 3 days without a full re-installation of my computer.

Yes, I was enthusiastic too. I thought, everything would improve now, would go a step forward. Would come to a kind of FS XI. But that feeling didn't really last long...

First mistake was to believe what they write on the P3D website: Every FSX addon would run with P3D. No, absolutely not.I need at least the estonian tool to get several FSX tools and addons to work somehow, but many absolutely don't work with P3D.

Just 2 days ago I gave P3D another chance (this time with Windows 7), I guess it's been the 4th or 5th... I tried to install 2 ORBX airports but they failed to automatically appear in the scenery library, even with the new dual installer. Why? Because you need to install the FTX (Region) files first, but they are still not with a dual installer.

The most important aircrafts for me are the PMDG 737NGX, then the PMDG JS4100. They are not allowed to use within P3D and one of them has some minor problems, while a 3rd PMDG Product has serios issues in P3D. I'd like to use those addons, so I can't use P3D. Very simple.

I miss that start/choose screen from FSX. It was there and P3D doesn't have it. It takes "hours" to get where you want at the time you want with the aircraft you want... I did try to use that tool from Maarten, but that is not the comfort I had with FSX.

I miss the weather download from Jeppesen. Yes, I own REX Essential+, but that software became so different: I can't start a wheater engine without waiting 3-4minutes until the main program has loaded whatever...

I miss my own language. FSX was a really international software and I had my German version, while others had it in French, portugues or whatever. That ability got lost.

I can't complain about the FSX frame rate. I haven't seen a better frame rate with P3D. ORBX YBBN is still slow... At Aerosofts EDDT I really had 0.7FPS with P3D.

The moving map of FS-MAP doesn't work with P3D - The FS Flight-Keeper, which I have used some time to file Pireps for the virtual airline I used to fly with, doesn't run with P3D.

If you compare those 2 simulators: What is the main benefit of P3D? Tell me a single feature that is better in P3D than with FSX.

Even the choose of the day/time/season got more complicated...

I have spent 199$ for something I already own: A flight simulator with the same kind of "heart" and the same basic scenery (yes, I know, there is some new airports somewhere in the nowhere, but nothing to compare with a "real" FSX scenery so far...) .

It is way to early to "love" P3D. It's a pain to get it work without a fatal error and even when its working smothely: I already had that with FSX ;-)

I own it, but until there is a MAJOR increase in comfort and options I won't use P3D anymore.

Unfortunaltey the credit card I used to purchase P3D got replaced by another. Otherwise I would have already asked for a refund.

Ralf

I have been using P3D for about 6 months now and I have set up all of my planes and scenery that I had installed on FSX . For me the future is P3D and the past is

FSX . I still use both sims but I see a day in the near future where I will leave FSX for good and use P3D as my go to simulator . It is however hard to cut those old ties

to my old friend FSX .

VA I fly for uses an ACARS system that has been coded in such a way that it won't work with P3D as they are afraid of the possible legal ramifications

That's weak. There are many ACARS systems that are coded to be used with P3D also.

It might be worth noting that after appearing to be a non-starter with P3D, Flight1 are now openly advertising some product as "P3D Compatible".

Progress....:smile:

skystar: I will not go through your long list of issues, and I do sympathise with the sim not being available in other languages ... I would hope that is overcome.

But all Orbx regional sceneries can be installed into P3D. If you have the download versions you can just redownload them with P3D installers, and from NZNI all sceneries come with the P3D option.

If you have discs just use something like FTXtoP3D which will install them fine. However the Flows take a little more effort for the older airports.

But for goodness sake go to the FTX website, they are most willing to help.

I have both the PMDG aircraft installed and they run beautifully. With the 737 an entry had to be copied to the DLL.xml file, or you can just copy the whole file across from FSX Appdata Roaming etc.

The Aerosoft Airbus and the Blackbox simulation aircraft run well. The Carenados all have P3D installers.

I think that you should try harder, or just stay with FSX. On any high end machine it runs superbly.

As to how you interpret the EULAs that's your business, I am not going to restart the endless interpretations on a forum again.

And Ralf I have never had those framerates for those sceneries in either FSX or P3D .... are you trying to run it on a laptop?

But all Orbx regional sceneries can be installed into P3D.

Even if this is not the main issue: No.

So far the AU FTX SP3 Packages (all 4) haven't been updated. I had a long discussion with "Ed" at the Orbx forum about the installation problem of several ORBS Airports in P3D, if I use the ORBX dual installer. You need to manually add some airports to the scenery galery, if you don't have the FTX Packages installed prior.

Notebook? I haven't seen anyone beyond the state of playing using a notebook for flightsimulation... To the left are some details of what I use.

The Aerosoft Airbus and the Blackbox simulation aircraft run well. The Carenados all have P3D installers.

You don't call the Aerosoft Airbus an adequate aircraft, don't you? No SID/STAR at all... I fly some hundred hours online at IVAO per year... Carenado doesn't offer P3D installers for all their aircraft, for a few only. They don't even offer an update for existing ones. Should I mention the Q300 ? Not even with the estonian tool able to run with P3D...

I have both the PMDG aircraft installed and they run beautifully. With the 737 an entry had to be copied to the DLL.xml file, or you can just copy the whole file across from FSX Appdata Roaming etc.

Js41000. So you have IAS mode available? You can start the engines seperately? Would be a miracle to me...

Anyway: Everyone like he wants. Like I said: At a later stage, I have no problems to set up P3D again if things go better.

Ralf

That's weak. There are many ACARS systems that are coded to be used with P3D also.

Yea...it's too bad. Won't name names or anything since I do really like my VA. Hopefully they will change their position eventually.

Bummer, we use VAFS and it is fantastic on P3D

Hi,

Been using P3D ever since it was relased some time ago and in the beginning it was on par with FSX performance wise. However, the latest update puts P3D way out in front of FSX (On My Setup)!!!. I'd never go back to FSX, NEVER. I believe the slow participation we are seeing from AVSIM members in the P3D fourm is a direct result of a great performing sim.

The latest update from P3D gives me upper 25+ FPS (locked at 30fps and it stays there most of the time) sitting in the PMDG 737NGX (VC) while at one of FSDT's airports, something that is not possible with FSX. Please keep in mind I'm running a triple monitor setup running a resolution of 5760x1200x32.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It took me a while to make the jump but after doing so, I do not look back. I have one system set up for FSX and another comparable set up for P3d. I find myself more and more flying P3D over FSX.

simmerhead - where do you get the idea that there is no real world weather in P3D? AS2012 works perfectly. If you mean native real world weather - well despite what they say, FSX doesn't have it either - it has never worked well - which is why companies like HiFi and REX and Opus have come about.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello All

I've spent a lot of time reading the avsim forums but finally my first post. All the positive feedback I've read about P3D is great to hear, I am seriously considering the switch especially since my addon arsenal is fairly meager in comparison to many of you. I've always been the type to wait for the next big thing so part of me wants to wait for v2.0 before making the switch from FSX but to be honest I also got caught up in waiting for Flight to come out and we all know how that ended up. Anyway, I look forward to joining the P3D ranks soon, and of course all the lofty discourse with you all.

Troll of the day:

Skystar you sound like a HUGE whiner

simmerhead - where do you get the idea that there is no real world weather in P3D? AS2012 works perfectly. If you mean native real world weather - well despite what they say, FSX doesn't have it either - it has never worked well - which is why companies like HiFi and REX and Opus have come about.

I am quite satisfied with the native weather option in FSX. I load real world wetaher, then click advanced and adjust it to taste if necessary. I am no big fan of complex addons. I like things that don't mess with the default files in FSX/P3D.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

understood.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I use OpusX with REX textures, works a treat.

in P3D. And I would add, that I had long abandoned FSX Real Weather in favour of REX and later Opus, well before my migration to P3D.