Sign in to follow this  
rjmcgill

Nuts!

When my patients get like this it's time for Ativan.

Are the fingerprints something that can be removed via some image conversion tools and a graphical editor?

When my patients get like this it's time for Ativan.

"In the world" Leo... it could be considered a "safety of flight" thing.

It's also an "attention to detail" thing.

Don't we like "as real as it gets?" :P

fwiw.

I guess we all like to show off sometimes, and there's some huge ego waving going on there!

"Esprit de Corps"

&

"Pride runs deep"

I agree. I hate finger prints on the displays. I always clean them off. They just drive me nuts. Funny thing is I have yet to fly with anyone who approves of touching the screens but there the finger prints are all the time. What's worse is that we have these wipes in the cockpit made for cleaning the oxygen mask that guy use to TRY to clean the screens which leaves a residue that is way worse than what they were trying to clean off. I've found the easiest way is take a damp tissue to clean the screen followed by a dry one to, well, dry it. Quick and easy with things readily available on the plane. The Finger prints in NGX aren't always so bad but in certain lighting conditions, particularly a low sun behind you, they really start to obscure the display. In the end though most pilots I know would clean the screens if they were as dirty as NGX.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Good rants by everyone today. Are we all getting a little "antsy"? YES!! I am ready.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What did you exactly plan to achieve by posting this topic? :huh:

That's what I'm wondering with half of the threads in this forum lately...

You're not gonna influence the release schedule with these threads, you're not gonna make PMDG tell you everything you want. In other words, these threads are pointless and lead nowhere.

But I can understand, i'm just as excited as you. :Big Grin:

Can't stand finger prints either. Very disapointed when I saw they were including them, rather than clean screens in the NGX. Add an option, and we can all live happy. ;)

you're not gonna make PMDG tell you everything you want. In other words, these threads are pointless

You're right... we can't tell PMDG what to do... or get "everything we want".

Thread is not pointless (re: fingerprints etc.) as maybe they will take a suggestion and turn it into an option (see the RealAir Turbine Duke: Graphic Options). If not... so be it... does not make it pointless. One can always "request". The worst that can happen is they say, "No".

I once requested something from PMDG and they graciously obliged within a few days.

-Rob

This post should be removed immediately and its OP banned. If you read the title the guy is posting the F-word for all to see. He just moved the first letters around. What it actually says is F-WORD NUTS!

This post should be removed immediately and its OP banned. If you read the title the guy is posting the F-word for all to see. He just moved the first letters around. What it actually says is F-WORD NUTS!

They're known as Spoonerisms. They can be amusing such as "Three cheers for our queer old dean!" (dear old queen, referring to Queen Victoria).

However, in this case it isn't funny and as it was the OP's first post he's skating on thin ice and should probably be warned about his behaviour.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They're known as Spoonerisms. They can be amusing such as "Three cheers for our queer old dean!" (dear old queen, referring to Queen Victoria).

However, in this case it isn't funny and as it was the OP's first post he's skating on thin ice and should probably be warned about his behaviour.

I find the last two posts more offensive than the OP.

who are you two to criticise a first time poster.if there is a problem ,let the REAL admins handle it.

it's your lack of humour and downright nasty attitude towards this OP that i find absolutely disgusting.

this guy comes from the Armed forces.he's a RTD high ranking Pilot and you Paul Deemer want him banned for a harmless twist of words.he's excited about the release of new PMDG aircraft.you should be ashamed.you chose to see the the swear words..i saw a spoonerism.a harmless joke.

Ray you're making Jokes about Gay people, are you going to be banned for homophobia.

steve-0

I find the last two posts more offensive than the OP.

who are you two to criticise a first time poster.if there is a problem ,let the REAL admins handle it.

it's your lack of humour and downright nasty attitude towards this OP that i find absolutely disgusting.

this guy comes from the Armed forces.he's a RTD high ranking Pilot and you Paul Deemer want him banned for a harmless twist of words.he's excited about the release of new PMDG aircraft.you should be ashamed.you chose to see the the swear words..i saw a spoonerism.a harmless joke.

Ray you're making Jokes about Gay people, are you going to be banned for homophobia.

steve-0

Couldn't say it better myself.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Its all in the eyes of the beholder, and thats telling a lot.

Come on, if one wants to get a rant, let him, and argue. Do we really really want to be so tight on everything ? Do we really really NEED to be so narrow minded all day long on every post ? What is happening on the community of fellow captains these days? We used to be such a nice bunch a while ago.

I chose to see the swear words? Come on its obvious when you first look at it. I experience enough cussing and swearing every day in the city. Don't think its funny or amusing it all or why we have to see it in the forums.

The last guy got a 14-day ban for using the F-bomb a couple posts down. So somebody does the same thing and he should be treated differently just because he is vet?