Sign in to follow this  
himynameistrev

Windows 8 - Joystick Megathread problem.

Just a thought here.

Flew the Just Flight 737, fatal error, did the dll copy from 32 thing, started up again, got a yoke disconnect, just about threw the whole PC of the back deck, took a breather, fresh beer from the fridge, loaded up 208 with PNG bush trekker texture, flew two hours.  Can we start some feedback on which add-on you are flying at the time and see if that's something to sniff out? Seems to me the BN-2 islander was completely ok too, hence my earlier post that all was well, but was it really? I had maybe only tried one a/c. I know I've had JF 146 disconnects and had hangered it because you can't save flights.

Like I said, spit-balling.

Gord

After hours and hours of testing, many experiments and reading of forum on over the world, I've finally solved the joystick problem with Windows 8 64 bit and Saitek X52 !! :lol:
I used FSUIPC function to control the aileron,rudder, elevator and throttle commands !
I've done this because when I lost the joystick control, I lost only the axis commands and not all the buttons/lever of the Saitek.
I suggest to all to use FSUIPC to control the joystick function instead of FSX !

Hey guys,

I switched to Prepar3d a couple of days ago.

Problem solved!

The problem will eventually show up with P3D, unless you are incredibly lucky. LM has stated on their official forum.that the problem exists in P3D.

So, isn't MS coming out with a patch for Win 8 soon? I'm not sure what it includes, I thought it included the issues that resulted from oversight during their (MS) rush to get it to market..... Unless we know that this patch won't include a fix for this issue, why would we be still concerned now about it? Just my thoughts.....

I have had it once in all of my simming (every night usually, although most times limited to less than an hour... I have my controls calibrated through FSUIPC and disabled in FSX....

Haven't seen any complaints about this W8 disappearing joystick problem on X-Plane message boards, is this limited to FSX/P3D?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The problem will eventually show up with P3D, unless you are incredibly lucky. LM has stated on their official forum.that the problem exists in P3D.

Yup. You're right :(

Task-switch is working for me again, though.

Just a thought here.

Flew the Just Flight 737, fatal error, did the dll copy from 32 thing, started up again, got a yoke disconnect, just about threw the whole PC of the back deck, took a breather, fresh beer from the fridge, loaded up 208 with PNG bush trekker texture, flew two hours.  Can we start some feedback on which add-on you are flying at the time and see if that's something to sniff out? Seems to me the BN-2 islander was completely ok too, hence my earlier post that all was well, but was it really? I had maybe only tried one a/c. I know I've had JF 146 disconnects and had hangered it because you can't save flights.

Like I said, spit-balling.

Gord

Have now tried Ultimate 737 without disconnect.

I can't believe the stupidity of Microsoft. It's been like 9 months since they released Windows 8, and the problem still persists? If they are not going to fix this soon I'm afraid all of us simmers will have to stick with Windows 7 for long long while...

I agree MS is not fixing this issue any time soon sadly :( I hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid not......

It's as fixed as it is going to be in Windows 8.x, which means if FSUIPC doesn't fix the problem for you, there's really nothing more that can be done. Microsoft can't even figure out what to do with the Start button. Does anybody really think that they are worried about people who use joysticks in video games on a PC?

I'm waiting for Bill Gates to make a triumphant return like Steve Jobs did at Apple.

• Upvote 1

this doesn't happen to me in FS9; I've read 3-4 pages and so far I've noticed only FSX/P3D/Xplane has been mentioned; I never saw this problem until I kept playing with FSX even more... this is a very annoying problem. 

I originally switched to 8 the week it was released. When I started having these joystick issues I uninstalled it and went back to 7. With FSUIPC and DLYS giving me hope for a solution I tried 8 again. After tinkering with it I lost all hope and am happy to be back with 7 x64. Windows 8 will never see my hardrive again. There are some good improvements with Windows 8 (not talking about metro) but it is simply not worth it to me.

I wish goodluck and continued success to the people who have 8 and FSX figured out.

Chuck Biggins