Sign in to follow this  
Guest BruceU

Carenado Aircraft Sale

Looks like I'll be getting the Caravan, but I think I can afford another one. I'm not sure which one, all I know is I'd like it to be a fast GA plane. Decisions, decisions....

Not sure how much speed you're wanting but...if you don't have the RealAir Lancair Legacy...speed.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I went to the Carenado sight and when I saw those great prices, my credit card just floated out my billfold into my hand. I was in a trance. I couldn't help myself.

I purchased:

C185F Bush package

C210 Centurin

Bonanza V 35

Hope that helps to convince Carenado to do more FS9.

Cheers

Jim

You may need to adjust the contact points for the 185 Bush. When they first released it they used the same contact points as the standard 185 but with those tundra tires you may have some problems. I also thought the view point was a bit low - I have over 1000 hours on the 185 RW and even though I'm short, I still had a better view over the nose than the default position.

Not sure how much speed you're wanting but...if you don't have the RealAir Lancair Legacy...speed.

Well, I forgot to say that it's for FS9, so no Lancair Legacy for me. Regarding speed, well, the other GA aircraft I've flown in FS are the Real Air C172 (too slow for my liking), the default Baron (but I haven't yet judged its speed) and the Quest Kodiak (decent speed and amazing STOL - or almost VTOL - performance). And the other thing I'd like is turbocharged engines. I mean, taking off from SKBO (8350 ft ASL) and getting to cruise altitude (12000-15000 ft due to terrain) in the 172 or the Baron is a pain.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I love the Carenado Christmas Sale. This is the second year in a row that I picked up three aircraft. This year it's the 185 Bush, Seneca, and Caravan that I've added to the hangar. I've only had time to take each around the pattern once, but so far I'm pleased as usual with their products.

Well I hate to be a party basher but I bought my first and last Carenado plane this morning. I hate it. I feel like I was duped. I researched their website before placing my order for the Seneca II. No where on their website did it say the aircraft is VC only. I can't stand VC's. Call me old fashioned but I want a 2d panel any day. I have asked for a refund since I feel their website is deceptive. But so far my 2 requests have gone unanswered. I have purchased my last Carenado plane. If it was my mistake I would just eat the cost and not complain. But no where on their website does it say the plane is VC only.

Bob

Bob,

It's too bad you found that out the hard way. You might want to try some older Carenado planes. I own the Bonanza V35, Stationair 206, Cessna 182, Mooney and 180 cherokee. These are all great planes with 2d panels and really easy on fps.

Cheers,

Pete

Well I hate to be a party basher but I bought my first and last Carenado plane this morning. I hate it. I feel like I was duped. I researched their website before placing my order for the Seneca II. No where on their website did it say the aircraft is VC only. I can't stand VC's. Call me old fashioned but I want a 2d panel any day. I have asked for a refund since I feel their website is deceptive. But so far my 2 requests have gone unanswered. I have purchased my last Carenado plane. If it was my mistake I would just eat the cost and not complain. But no where on their website does it say the plane is VC only.

Bob

Give them a bit of time. They were receptive to me when I returned the C210. They're not quick but they are responsive. Seems like the whole world is going to VC and that's the only thing I fly but it can be more frustrating, I think.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well Pete if they would respond to me and refund my purchase based on what I said I might give those planes you mentioned a try. As long as they do have 2d panels. But still no response from Carenado. So I won't be spending another penny with them until I hear from them. At least I didn't pay full price for the Seneca II. If I don't hear from them today I will have my bank do a charge back to Carenado based on their deceptive website. Too bad if this is the route they want to go. I believe charge backs cost them more money.

Bob

Bob you're being a little harsh I fear... when you went shopping you would not have seen mention of a 2D panel.

You would also not have seen mention of a working first aid kit.

Would this also be grounds for money back if you then didn't find one?

I think not; no deception here.

My biggest problem is I already have more than enough Carenado GA, fine models all.

But how can you pass up one of these for 10 bucks?

Mmm I don't have a Piper, which one I wonder?

I don't feel I am being harsh at all. Every single plane I have ever downloaded has come with a 2d panel. Well except for Carenado. So yes I expected to see a 2d panel. Especially since their website did not say VC only. So no I am not being harsh. As for Carenado they still have not responded to any of my messages. So I will have my bank issue a charge back to Carenado tomorrow. Buyer beware. I for one will never purchase anything again from Carenado. And I will mention to my other flight sim friends about Carenado's business practices and steer them clear.

Bob

Bob - I too think you should rethink this. It clearly states in the description that it has a VC and nowhere does it say there is a 2D panel. Reading this I would assume that it only has a VC. But, that's just me.

Take a breath, and wait a day or two more and see what they do for you. After all, I suspect they are pretty busy with the sale and the Christmas rush.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Bob, next time you have a "Cannot live without" item on your shopping list, and cannot find it referenced on the vendor's website, mention it on these forums perhaps, before you buy.

You'd probably get a quick pointer and save yourself some heartache.

Carenado have an excellent track record.

My own experience and that of many others, is they give prompt service and offer top rate models.

Actually, the best in the business.

Sorry guys but I'm not seeing it. All I see with Carenado is a deceptive webapge and very poor customer service. I tried contacting them twice, very politely, before I came into the forums. I'm just not seeing anything from them that deserves any of the praise they are receiving. Like I said before I feel duped. And I refuse to do business with a company that ignores their customers especially after deceiving them. So you won't convince me of any of your good points towards them. I just don't see it. Not in my experience. But like I said buyer beware. I have already contacted my bank. Not only did my bank agree with me but they have removed the charge from my account and are issuing a charge back to Carenado. Carenado forced me to have to do it this way by ignoring me. It was their choice. I won't be buying from them again and I don't have a good thing to say about them when anyone asks. To all that responded have a nice day and happy holidays.

Bob

I purchased four planes from the sale, and one of them, the PA28RT 201 Arrow IV has a GPS on board; but, I can't seem to find a NAV / GPS switch anywhere in the cockpit. Most planes have a switch on the panel so that the autopilot can track to the GPS course. Am I missing something obvious here?

Forkedtail

Just in case you have not found the nav/gps switch yet (or it may actually be missing) it is located between the transponder and ADF panels. I really like the arrow IV. I bought it for a navigation trainer because it has everything you need and some speed for longer flight plans. I learned how to fly a constant speed engine with it. In my inexperinced pilots hands, it doesn't fly to it's numbers.

Just wondering what else you purchased.

Hope that helps,

Jim L