Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

Airbus X Extended Released

Take a look at the manual, you can use the keyboard as entry by clicking on the left side of the fmc, left of the numpad.

I agree with the 7/10, but I have no frame rate issues. I don't give it a 10/10 because of the

* f-keys being overridden, F9-F11in particular. (disabling the views in the right FMC doesn't change that) I can't agree with that view system, what is so wrong with a nice selection of A-key views?

* Buggy copilot checklists, sometimes they get stuck. Could very well be me not knowing what triggers it to move on.

* Copilot flap speed issues. I've also had to disable the copilot because of this.

* Still very poor VNAV, I've found myself 6000ft AGL on the localizer two dots above glideslope unable to descent fast enough to cap it. I know weather addons hurt these calculations, but that's a no-argument since others manage to do VNAV better (at least PMDG).

Then again:

* I have excellent frames on my i5-2500 at 4.6 GHz, even at aerosoft airports.

* VC is really immersive. I don't look at the rear wall that much.

* Great FBW. Feels sturdy, like you can trust it. The Wilco could suddenly do a nosedive on final, this one has never done anything outrageous, and gives you the world's first close to real life Airbus logic FBW in a consistent manner.

* Feels like it's been programmed well. I've done tons of changes on the FMC enroute, even programmed a missing STAR point by point with constraints and it didn't CTD or hang at all.

In short, well worth the money, but it has a few bugs. No show-stoppers, just remember to do a quick check of the TOD yourself to verify you'll be down on time.

+1

LNAV isn't that great either. I've has several times the case where the bus started a bank in the wrong direction

agree with the 7/10, but I have no frame rate issues. I don't give it a 10/10 because of the

* f-keys being overridden, F9-F11in particular. (disabling the views in the right FMC doesn't change that) I can't agree with that view system, what is so wrong with a nice selection of A-key views?

* Buggy copilot checklists, sometimes they get stuck. Could very well be me not knowing what triggers it to move on.

* Copilot flap speed issues. I've also had to disable the copilot because of this.

* Still very poor VNAV, I've found myself 6000ft AGL on the localizer two dots above glideslope unable to descent fast enough to cap it. I know weather addons hurt these calculations, but that's a no-argument since others manage to do VNAV better (at least PMDG).

Add to that you have no wings from the VC, still cannot draw some route's correctly.

6/10, flying the NGX after this and it's like going from a Ford to a RR.

Looking forward to the FSLabs Bus. Un-installing this.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I would expect as much as Airbuses only have managed, selected and open modes. None of those LNAV, VNAN modes those Boeing thingies seem to have ;)

Notice how I'm using Boeing terms for everything, I even call the MCDU an "FMC". :P Still, isn't it supposed to calculate TOD so that you're at least in the ballpark? Including decel to 250 kts at 10000ft, yellow line speeds at so and so altitudes, STAR constraints etc?

I reckon a lot of confusion comes from people like me who are not quite "hardcore simmers"(what a silly description, as if simming is in any way hardcore at all...) and haven't actually read enough to know what we're writing about.

David, "the NGX it aint", and I don't think it was ever meant to be as sophisticated. I'd rather compare it to the new Qualitywings RJ100 which is also very good, even comparable to the NGX providing you stick to normal operation. But to me, seeing the wing from the cockpit isn't important at all. It actually took me weeks to discover I could see the NGX's wings, and then it was one moment of "Oh, that's cool" and I haven't looked at them since.

I've had most airbuses up until now, and this is the best one out there by miles. I'll probably get the FSLabs too if it's even much better than this one. I'm really glad Aerosoft's bus is as good as it is, because it sort of puts some pressure on FSLabs. Hooray for good old fashioned market place competition! B)

Hmmmm ok when opening PERF TAKEOFF page in the MCDU with the "Ready for Takeoff" situation file, none of the entries are filled in. I tried entering a FLEX temp of 30, but still run out of runway at KSAN and KLAX. I could get airborne by continuing on and trampling over some houses, but now with Tacpac installed I now end up in a fiery ball of wreckage lol. So what's the quick and dirty method to get enough power for takeoff. I use to have the PSS A320 down pat, but it's been so many years ago my aging brain has forgotten it all. I will be studying the tutorial over the holiday weekend coming up, but for right now would just like enough power on takeoff not to kill myself and everyone on board lol

Shove the thrust levers into the TOGA detent, rather than FLEX TO (one notch further).

Notice how I'm using Boeing terms for everything, I even call the MCDU an "FMC". :P Still, isn't it supposed to calculate TOD so that you're at least in the ballpark? Including decel to 250 kts at 10000ft, yellow line speeds at so and so altitudes, STAR constraints etc?

Meh, using the Boeing vs Airbus terminology is overrated. They both have a 'telling you how to fly computer'. Sure there's some differences in how they work, but it's much more important to understand what is going on and how the systems work than to focus on the different names given to them.

If you to want to use the correct terminology however, the MCDU (Multifunctional Control Display Unit, if I remember correctly) is just the box you use to interface with the 'telling you how to fly computer'; on a Boeing it's called the CDU (less multifunctional apparently). FMC is indeed the Boeing name for the 'telling you how to fly computer', the Airbus equivalent is FMGC (Flight Management and Guidance Computer). Like I said though, focus on the similarities and differences in how they work, and not too much on the names.

I except seeing the wings is a TrackIR thing as for me, my head locked in a vice with a pivot point is so unreal I had to get TrackIR, with that seeing the wings in the NGX is nothing, there there all the time for checking GSX re-fuel, passengers boarding, push back, taxi(clear on the left) and also I see the left wing any time I look out the window. The 737-600 you see the wing and engines clearly in view all the time.

Your right this is no NGX, not even close. Your right it';s best not to even think of them in the same league. I will bin this, wait for the Q400 777 and FSLabs Bus.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

http://forum.aerosof...-key-assigment/

By the way, I think those key assignments are on of my favorite features.

My previous dispute with Aerosoft aside (re throttles), I still cant say I'm impressed with this bird. Like others have said, I'm finding both VNAV and LNAV pretty atrocious, especially VNAV. Anyone else having issues with high levels of 'over compensation' in LNAV?

The visuals are IMO, only just about there so to speak, but I do understand that's a very subjective aspect. All very well saying it shouldn't be compared with the NGX, but how do they compare price wise? Admittedly, it does have some special aspects, like the checklists and copilot. They do add to the novelty value. Even if I could get my throttles working in the 21, I'd still only just reach 7/10, and that's on the forgiving side. Too many 'not quite's' for me.

They just locked my topic about seeing the wings from the cockpit with is...

"You'd have to move your camera to see it. Most customers have no idea that this possibility even exists in the sim without an Addoncamera and another big part of those doesn't know that addon cameras exist which you could use to move your position."

So the people that buy this are not the kind of people who have TrackIR, EZDOK? and FSCrew, to me they are the very kind of people who like to use the MCDU fully and know what they are doing. Most will already have the NGX.

So this product is not for them? so what was the point in making the "extended" then? The first bus was for "lite" users, so this is for lite+?

Like Phil says to many 'not quite's' for me.

If you want to see the wingtip just go to wing view. I don't understand why this is so important.

It's not "so" important. I don't use views just one, that's the Captains seat view.

The point is they say it's because you cannot see it, well from there fixed cannot move pov I cannot see the nose cone but you know what if I lift up, there's the noise cone rended fully?

why? you cannot see that can you?

Anyway I've done with this addon. Look forward to a great year with the Q400 and 777.

It's not "so" important. I don't use views just one, that's the Captains seat view.

The point is they say it's because you cannot see it, well from there fixed cannot move pov I cannot see the nose cone but you know what if I lift up, there's the noise cone rended fully?

why? you cannot see that can you?

Anyway I've done with this addon. Look forward to a great year with the Q400 and 777.

I read that thread.. IMO seems like a silly request. Sorry you are not going to get much sympathy here,

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Notice how I'm using Boeing terms for everything, I even call the MCDU an "FMC".

The Macdoo (MCDU) is not the FMC in a Boeing either. It's a control panel that interfaces with the FMC. The FMC itself is a box located under the floor in the cockpit

vatsim s3

1133704.png

The Macdoo (MCDU) is not the FMC in a Boeing either. It's a control panel that interfaces with the FMC. The FMC itself is a box located under the floor in the cockpit

MCDU = CDU

FMGS = FMC

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

With the cursor showing as a hand, like you were going to push or pull it, move the mouse wheel and see what happens.

Thx Scott. This is the first AC I've seen this done. I much prefer clicking.