Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

A2A tweeting about new product before XMas!

I'm almost as excited as a little kid getting a new Lego airport for XMas. Could this be the 172 or Comanche? Who cares about buses, give me a prop(er) airplane!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I hope it's the 172,Weren't a few light Aircraft mentioned in the Aug. update?Could it be one of those?

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What did they ** about? Oops I mean what did they tweet about?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For those of us not on Twitter:

Lewis Bloomfield: new product prior to Christmas is on the cards. Working hard at Santa's workshop to make this happen!

I highly doubt this is it, but have been waiting for the F-104 for quite some time...well, actually the F-4, but I know the F-104 is a required prelude and would still be a blast.

Eric Szczesniak

Wow, pretty cool.

I would be surprised if it was the 172, their August development update didn't even show textures on the 172's model (i.e. they seemed to be pretty early in development.)

In any case, ANY product by A2A will be amazing so I'm excited regardless what it turns out to be. :D

Don't really see the point of Christmas as a deadline?! You can't give a download as a gift? ....and even if it were on disc it's way beyond distribution dates. You ought to be spending time with friends and or family? and rushing stuff to meet artificial deadlines nearly always means later patches? If the tweet was THAT recent how on earth can it be tested in time, and by that I mean thoroughly beta tested by a variety of folk using different set ups?

I'm really looking forward to the A2A C172 but I just don't see the point in trying for such a random deadline :huh:

Geoff

Geoff Brown

If the tweet was THAT recent how on earth can it be tested in time, and by that I mean thoroughly beta tested by a variety of folk using different set ups?

That's probably what they've doing, and are happy enough with the results that they're ready to release it. As a developer, before I retired, I would prefer to avoid Christmas releases with the mad scrambling that goes along with it, with the holidays approaching. Heck, Christmas is only a week away today; they should be thinking about taking time off. Likely there's only one or two people involved in finalizing the package for download, and setting up the necessary web links and servers.

Personally, I don't mind getting patches if they're necessary later. At least you can GET the patches, unlike some other third party developers. I can download an A2A patch even if I don't have the aircraft, although it would be useless.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

According to the August 2012 update video at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p6l9KSu2330

"Our budget line Aircraft Factory has two new aircraft nearing the end of production." The P-51H and the Albatross D.III.

One of these is the most likely Christmas release.

The F-104 looks interesting, but will be released after the C-172 and the Cherokee. Then for the F-4. I had a friend who was a F-4 simulator tech in the Air Force. Whenever no one else was scheduled to use the simulator, he was in it. He had over 1000 hours simulator time. Talk about a fun job! :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I dont think the C-172 would suddenly be ready now, without any screens or videos of the WIP released yet.

Would be an awesome surprise though.

I guess it's one of the budget-line products coming.