Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

A2A tweeting about new product before XMas!

There is NO ISSUE here?

I think you've said it in one line. Mods please don't lock this topic, we are getting back on topic now.

I'm looking forward to v2 very much after watching that video in full on a bigger screen.

Don't have any Milviz a/c, but I do have the Realair legacy, and it has it's own effects and sounds that are similar to Accufeel, for that plane I just turn Accufeel off, no problem.

But for airplanes like the Carenados, that are beautiful visually but lack these effects and sounds, it's a game changer. And now that water effects and physics are included, and for $5?? Where does the line start?

I do have the Realair legacy, and it has it's own effects and sounds that are similar to Accufeel, for that plane I just turn Accufeel off, no problem.

Would it make any sense for me to complain that I can't use Accu-Feel with the A2A Cub with Accusim? :D

Something interesting about Accu-Feel is that many of the effects are subtle. You may not notice them when you first start using it with an aircraft, but after flying with it for several flights and you turn Accu-Feel off, you really notice the difference. It's a little like going from stereo to monaural.

I'll be most interested in seeing the new turbulence effects. While I have no complaints about the default turbulence in FSX, I noticed a real difference with Microsoft Flight, and the new turbulence looks a lot like what Flight used. I wonder how this will work with the turbulence in CumulusX around thermals... it's pretty light in default FSX.

Water handling, I've probably already seen that with the A2A Cub on floats. On one takeoff I had to balance on one float to reduce drag enough to get to rotation speed. It will be interesting to see how it affects the Grumman Goose. I'm not sure about the touchdown sounds on water; the sounds I've heard in Richard Bach's videos of his Searey make more of a hissing sound than a splash. Time to go watch the videos again, I guess. I wonder if they differentiate water sounds between floats and hull.

For a $5 upgrade charge, this is a no-brainer. For those who don't have Accu-Feel, you can get the $15 version 1 and see if you like it, if only to save $5 if you don't. But give it several flights before you decide it's not for you. Like I said at first, some of the effects are pretty subtle and it might take some time to appreciate them all.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Guys - it doesn't break anything. If it doesn't work with a particular aircraft (maybe because it duplicates a feature that's already present), you turn it off for that aircraft.

Hi Alan,

When I wrote "break" I didn't mean in any permanent sense. I understand that no config files are changed inside of FSX and all of that.

My fundamental point remains: I hesitate to buy something from A, intended to work with B unless B says, "yeah, this really adds to and complements what we've done", especially when some of the effects speak to flight dynamics that B has already tweaked and fine-tuned.

What on Earth are you all squabbling about?! :unsure:

Squabbling? C'mon, Geoff. I'm glad you like the product, but after the many comments you've made about not being a, well, y'know one of "those" flight simmers, you of all people should understand about constructive comments.

Now get off the computer and enjoy the Holiday in the real World :P :Party:

Been doing a boatload of that, thanks. New grandson's first birthday (the 24th) and first Christmas (effectively, if not literally), it's been non-stop and the best Christmas in years for us, but it's nice to sneak away from the hubub from time to time.

Why does A2A have to make their product work with Milviz and not the other way around? If there is a known issue by Milviz, why can't he update his aircraft so it works properly with A2A?

Ehh? I buy an Edelbrock manifold for my Ford Mustang, and Ford is supposed to change their engine if it doesn't fit/work properly? But wait! Jegs makes one as well and it does different stuff - Ford needs to make sure that works too? The compatibility onus is clearly on the add-on maker.

Scott

Perhaps I'm missing something but I can't seem to find a release date on this anywhere, and it's not yet available for purchase.

Ehh? I buy an Edelbrock manifold for my Ford Mustang, and Ford is supposed to change their engine if it doesn't fit/work properly? But wait! Jegs makes one as well and it does different stuff - Ford needs to make sure that works too? The compatibility onus is clearly on the add-on maker.

Not a valid analogy. It's more like saying, if my Edelbrock intake manifold doesn't work with these Trickflow heads, should Edelbrock tweak their manifold or should Trickflow alter their heads? Neither one "should" be the one to do so, they're both modifying a stock product (a Ford Mustang, or in this case, FSX.)

Scott

As far as I know, Milviz is an addon as well. Someone is gonna have to budge and this case, I think Milviz has to either get rid of their custom effects and go with A2A or simply disable AccuFeel for their airplanes.

Not a valid analogy. It's more like saying, if my Edelbrock intake manifold doesn't work with these Trickflow heads, should Edelbrock tweak their manifold or should Trickflow alter their heads? Neither one "should" be the one to do so, they're both modifying a stock product (a Ford Mustang, or in this case, FSX.)

Exactly...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I'm going to disagree with the last one... Sorry.

the whole idea behind Accufeel is to ADD to the experience of FSX AND the addons that go into it. That, sorry to say, puts the onus of compatibilty squarely on their shoulders. We were putting vibrations and effects in before they even thought of Accufeel...

Now, I will drop this if you will and, again, I'm sorry I said anything but it does tick me off when they won't even LOOK at the issues...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Not a valid analogy.

I respectfully disagree. A2A's product is an add-on that acts on other add-ons, changing flight characteristics that other builders have, in many cases, already carefully tuned. So now, does a plane developer have to figure out how to work with Opus, A2A, EZdock... all of which add their own take on things? And what if those changes break things for those of us who choose not to use each or any of these products?

I'll drop this as well as it's not that big a deal to me. It's an interesting sounding product, and a lot of it sounds really good, but pieces of it just seem a bit impractical and my concerns remain about overlap and interference with established features and flight characteristics. After all, A2A carefully tunes their own Accusim products for each of their own planes which are, I assume, designed to work with the technology from the get-go. It's their technology, so the ball is firmly in their court.

Scott

Accufeel should have no problems with probably over 90% of addon planes so who cares? Most of GA planes out there don't really seem to have any special features that would make them incompatible with Accufeel.

I'm going to disagree with the last one... Sorry.

the whole idea behind Accufeel is to ADD to the experience of FSX AND the addons that go into it. That, sorry to say, puts the onus of compatibilty squarely on their shoulders. We were putting vibrations and effects in before they even thought of Accufeel...

Now, I will drop this if you will and, again, I'm sorry I said anything but it does tick me off when they won't even LOOK at the issues...

just drop it please.. no whining is going to change that. they are under no obligation to do anything so you just cant force them to do anything if they dont like it. If you have problem with teh accufeel addon just develop your addon to not interfere with accufeel / or do add it, but just switch it OFF for your planes.. it is available to be switched on/off per individual plane.

How easy it that.. Forcing the issue of making two addons gel that deliver same thing will NEVER ever work 100% flawless anyway.

Gees just make your pick.. you cant have your bread butter both sides. If you so dearly want to use accufeel with your planes and feel so strongly that these NEED to work together, just de-activate your enhancements, like the rest of the 99% of addon airplanes and it will not be a problem. Why must a product that work with 99% of planes adjust to cater for 3 planes.

Come on I enjoy flying Milviz with accufeel switch off.. Why cant anyone else.. beter make the 3 planes work like the rest of the 99% of addon planes and it will be even better..!

Accufeel should have no problems with probably over 90% of addon planes so who cares? Most of GA planes out there don't really seem to have any special features that would make them incompatible with Accufeel.

to be honest it work with closer to 99 % of all addon planes currently. Why the big hoo ha to make it work with 3 milviz products out of 100 000 addon planes just goes beyond me, especially if these 3 planes try and emulate the same thing as accufeel.

I think he's biggest gripe is not that they don't play nice together, he hardly whines about that, but that his requests are not being looked at. In that case, he just needs to drop this issue like a bad habit and move on. Too much whine with little cheese.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Okay, this is escalating into a deep dive into doo doo. Or, as my grand pappy used to say; "heading south". I am closing this now.