Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

A2A tweeting about new product before XMas!

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Lord I so hope it would be the C172, but I think above is right, and it will be another warbird. :(

I wish it was a wise announcement of the sort... We're joining DCS World and will start porting our models into that platform....

Other 3pds like Iris Simulations have already taken the plunge... I'm sure A2A would contribute very positively to that platform too :-)

Now I am going to find some shelter before the bombs start falling from the skies... Nothing that I'm not used to in DCS.... but this is an FSX forum!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Don't really see the point of Christmas as a deadline?! You can't give a download as a gift? ....and even if it were on disc it's way beyond distribution dates. You ought to be spending time with friends and or family? and rushing stuff to meet artificial deadlines nearly always means later patches? If the tweet was THAT recent how on earth can it be tested in time, and by that I mean thoroughly beta tested by a variety of folk using different set ups?

I'm really looking forward to the A2A C172 but I just don't see the point in trying for such a random deadline :huh:

Geoff

I'm sure testing and beta is over a long time ago. They are probably doing last minute adjustments, creating installers and organizing and editing the documentation.

X-Mas is the perfect time to sim as many people have time off from work. Everybody aren't surrounded by friends and family during the holidays. For many this is the loneliest time of year.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Don't really see the point of Christmas as a deadline?! You can't give a download as a gift? ....and even if it were on disc it's way beyond distribution dates. You ought to be spending time with friends and or family? and rushing stuff to meet artificial deadlines nearly always means later patches? If the tweet was THAT recent how on earth can it be tested in time, and by that I mean thoroughly beta tested by a variety of folk using different set ups?

I'm really looking forward to the A2A C172 but I just don't see the point in trying for such a random deadline :huh:

Geoff

Geoff

We that have yet grown not old, and who still labour in the belief that we shall one day be safely delivered up unto retirement, take comfort in the holidays that are bestowed upon us, and pray unto our lords for the blessing of the downloads of the fruits of their labours, so that we may be at peace in our virtual world if only to suffer the gnashing of teeth and rending of the garments of our spouses and offspring who seek the fulfilment of our good company and the benevolence of our wallets at this festive season.

May the blessing of your God be upon you and may he grant that we all be granted the grace of a few hours peace and quiet to retire from the good company of our kinfolk so that we may do a little flying.

Geoff

We that have yet grown not old, and who still labour in the belief that we shall one day be safely delivered up unto retirement, take comfort in the holidays that are bestowed upon us, and pray unto our lords for the blessing of the downloads of the fruits of their labours, so that we may be at peace in our virtual world if only to suffer the gnashing of teeth and rending of the garments of our spouses and offspring who seek the fulfilment of our good company and the benevolence of our wallets at this festive season.

May the blessing of your God be upon you and may he grant that we all be granted the grace of a few hours peace and quiet to retire from the good company of our kinfolk so that we may do a little flying.

:LMAO: :LMAO: ....I did only say OUGHT to be with your friends and families ....and if you think peace and quiet comes with retirement .....well I've got some VERY bad news for you :lol:

My concern that was something might be rushed to meet a deadline. The nice thing about Christams presents is when you DO get the peace and quiet to enjoy them.

BTW

Have a good one everybody.

Geoff Brown

A merry one to you as well Geoff!

Perhaps a secret project ala PMDG. Something no one see it coming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Alexander Colka

Just curious if most of you here will get the A2A 172 and the RealAir?

I plan on it, I'm thinking the A2A will be an older type where as the 172 will be a newer 172 model. Both steam gauges obviously.

Lee

Well there are parallels to this from Train Simming when more than one team of developers produced models of the same locomotives. In some cases there I bought both. As I've stuff from both A2A and RealAir that are amongst my top 5 aircraft I may well buy both too. The Milviz Aerosoft AN-2 developments both look good so I might find the CC getting a double hit there too.

Suddenly we're spoilt for choice?

Geoff Brown

Well there are parallels to this from Train Simming when more than one team of developers produced models of the same locomotives. In some cases there I bought both. As I've stuff from both A2A and RealAir that are amongst my top 5 aircraft I may well buy both too. The Milviz Aerosoft AN-2 developments both look good so I might find the CC getting a double hit there too.

Suddenly we're spoilt for choice?

Sibwings, not Milviz is making the Antonov 2.

We are very spoiled indeed, although it feels like a waste of talent in this tiny FS world of ours.

I just don't know, probably one or the other for me. It'll certainly be nice to have a good 172 as I've got a fair number of 172 hours logged, but quite honestly I was pretty happy to get those hours in and move on to something a bit more, well; - quick, complex, better equipped, capable of carrying more.. so I expect this will be a very occasional, memory lane kind of plane for me, not a regular flyer.

And then which one, and this might well come down to who releases first. The three RealAir planes I have are all excellent and I'm sure they'll do their usual exceptional job, but I've been anxious to see what A2A would do with their upcoming GA efforts as well.

I'm a bit more juiced about the Cherokee series A2A is working on than the 172.

Scott

Guest Raul_Hernandez

I'll buy both.

A C172 from A2A = auto purchase

A C172 from RealAir = auto purchase.

So even if they're the same model, these are 2 fantastic developers and purveyors of quality, and I'd buy both. :smile: