Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrSpeaker

FT CYUL maybe this weekend

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6024

Going to eat a poutine in celebration, lol

as.jpg

Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"Course, it would have to be someone who hasn't heard the story before. Someone who is unencumbered by any emotional attachment. Someone whose heart is so dark, it cannot be swayed by pity, compassion, or human emotion of any kind"

Haha, what's a poutine?

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

Haha, what's a poutine?

The best thing since sliced bread :) and they know how to make it in Montreal. lol

as.jpg

"Course, it would have to be someone who hasn't heard the story before. Someone who is unencumbered by any emotional attachment. Someone whose heart is so dark, it cannot be swayed by pity, compassion, or human emotion of any kind"

Guest RockOla

It's basically fries toped with cheese and barbecue sauce. Not most distingued meal, but freaking good. And unavoidable if you visit the area. I hop the scenery will be at least as good !

It's basically fries toped with cheese and barbecue sauce. Not most distingued meal, but freaking good. And unavoidable if you visit the area. I hop the scenery will be at least as good !

BBQ sauce? I must say I have never tried it with that, but it does sound good. :)

as.jpg

When I was in Germany, we ate fries with mayonnaise....BBQ sauce is something I will have to try out!!

William Sequeira

I used to live in Belgium years ago and there was this little shop that sold frites (french fries) in little brown paper bags with a lemon mayonnaise dipping sauce. My mouth still waters when I think about it. Poutine is great, but I'm not sure how good it is for you lol

Another source had confirmed it will be released this weekend. I believe it was the airdailyx blog who confirmed it. Maybe later today :) Atterrissages heureux

Drew

Usually a poutine is cheese (either mozzarella or curds) topped with gravy. Those of us in Canada are lucky to have restaurants that serve many other variations though, such as:

http://smokespoutinerie.com/Menu.aspx

If you've never had the opportunity to try this (and your heart is in good enough shape to take it :-) ) I highly recommend it, you can even make it at home yourself fairly easily.

But to get back on topic, I can't wait for my first flight from YUL tonight!

Dave

Current System (Running at 1440p): GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0), i7 7700k @ 4.2Ghz, RTX2080ti, 16GB DDR4 3200 RAM

That airport looks amazing but I'm afraid Fly Tampa products are on my "no buy" list until they get them working with DX10. In the meantime, I use FSDT and Flightbeam airports.

for the record, its not bbq sauce, it's just gravy. Can't wait to see the dynamic shadows and water poddles though...

Vincent Rouleau

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1GHz / 16.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 2080 / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

Usually a poutine is cheese (either mozzarella or curds) topped with gravy. Those of us in Canada are lucky to have restaurants that serve many other variations though, such as:

http://smokespoutinerie.com/Menu.aspx

If you've never had the opportunity to try this (and your heart is in good enough shape to take it :-) ) I highly recommend it, you can even make it at home yourself fairly easily.

But to get back on topic, I can't wait for my first flight from YUL tonight!

Its delicious, and had many growing up there at the time, but its got 'heart attack waiting to happen' written all over it. :unsure:

That airport looks amazing but I'm afraid Fly Tampa products are on my "no buy" list until they get them working with DX10. In the meantime, I use FSDT and Flightbeam airports.

I agree. Although Im still tempted to see how it would react with DX10. Funny that FT said they wouldnt do DX10 because there is problems, but clearly they can be worked out. Just look at the latest FSDT work including the latest CYVR. Its gorgeous in DX10. It can be done!

Dave Seminchuk  CYVR LSZH 

xtbieq-5.png

If I'm reading correctly in the DX10 forum there may be another fix coming, might help with the night lighting. There may be hope yet, do have a few FT airports that I would like to use in DX10. Montreal and Toronto would be welcome additions.

Edit: Yes, poutine with a ton of gravy, can't be beat. Lived south of Montreal for a year, don't think my system could have handled more than a year of poutine consumption.

Funny, I read this sitting in CYUL in transit to Kyoto...

Definitively a must to purchase. With Vancouver and the excellent freeware for Quebec city, the area will be becoming more and more interesting.

Poutine for diner...? well why not. But there is actually a kind of debate where the Poutine orignated, lots of small town around montreal claim to be the originator of the famous meal... My vote is casted for Victoriaville as the true origin about 25 years ago..

Pierre

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,525.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now