Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Aivlasoft EFB Questions

On the bottom  in did you checked the aircraft icon at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

EFB is in my top 5 list of FSX Add-Ons one should have in their collection.   My EFB runs on my laptop sitting on my moble stand next to my flightsim rig, connected through the network via SimConnect and it is just EPIC in what it does.   The ONLY compliant I have is that it won't let you select jet ways on the enroute planning side of things.  It will load up SIDS and STARS fine but a lot of flight plans are filed using jet ways (J65, J41, J61, etc).  I have to go to FSBUILD to get what waypoints represent the jet way and key it in to the flight planner.   Other than that, great program.  It does a lot of stuff.  Get it!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

The biggest problem with EFBs is that they don't got the text part of the airport procedure charts, so you are basically missing the most important parts. Many procedures are unflyable without charts, procedures like Socals LOOP6 departure. That makes the EFB useless as a chart replacer imo. I mean, I'm sure it's sufficient for the guys that likes to just mess around, but if you're really "serious" about your simming then it's more of a tool for helping situational awareness and flight planning than anything else

vatsim s3

1133704.png

On the bottom  in did you checked the aircraft icon at all

the button is grey and when i put my mouse over it, it displays a (/) symbol.

That makes the EFB useless as a chart replacer imo

You know  you can add   charts in your efb   and  when your  flying  you can pull up  the charts to your destination airport, its all in the manual on how  to do it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I can't sing EFB praises highly enough. 

It was the one piece of software that visually helped me understand IFR flying through FSX.

As for Jetways, you can paste a routing into the text box when you select a route:

EG: EGAA LISBO L603 PEPOD UL15 RISLA UN862 RETSI EGGD 

You shouldn't have to add things manually.

You can view SIDs and STARS, it gives you Metar data for airports, you can route direct-to. Wind speeds, compass, It integrates with VATSIM.

You can program routes straight to the iFly 737 and PMDG planes. 

I run my copy across a network with the 'Provider' on my FSX PC and the display unit on my second PC. 

The checklists are great, especially the one for the Dash-8 Q400. 

B)

I posted this several weeks ago on another thread, but will toss it up here because I badmouthed the Aivlasoft product and found out on my own that I should've RTFM'd before commenting:

"OKAY...  Time for my mea culpa...

Bought PFPX and didn't like it either.  Went back and tried the Aivlasoft EFB and figured out it wasn't the Aivlasoft product, it was ME.  I never bothered to read the fine print.  So, now is working great on monitor #3 and I'm actually very pleased with it.  One of my issues was that I never saw the Route Finder plugin, and I didn't realize that I had to update the AIRAC module to what level my NGX is for the FMS and the EFB to agree. Now, insert sheepish but happy grin here..."

Sorry, Aivlasoft team.

Kattz

Sorry, Aivlasoft team.

Kattz

Say it louder. I don't think they heard you..  :lol:

I flew from Funchal, Madeira to Cardiff, Wales on Vatsim in the PMDG 777 at the weekend and Aivlasoft's EFB was with me every step of the way. 

I'M SORRY, AIVLASOFT.

If you fly Vatsim then this is the bees knees. No more stumbling around taxi ways and it even tells you in print what the recommended landing runway is at the destination based on wind direction.

I must freshen up on the manual, there is still stuff I've read here that Im not aware of.

ZORAN

Where else are you going to get a STAR/SID charts with a click of a mouse? You bring up the METAR for that airport, it will suggest what runway you can take and select a SID or STAR to help your flight.

SImple and straight forward with not a lot of technical stuff, i don't fly my FSX planes without EFB.

I have flight Commander and it uses the flight planning on EFB. I use the moving map feature on EFB better than Flight Commander.

Kin M.

(Klax)

I love EFB however I thought I saw a while ago when you have the departure airport or arrival the frequencies were displayed for the relative airport? Now I can't seem to find them on screen, probably right in front of me any ideas? Thank you in advance Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Sometimes the area where the frequencies are displayed collapses, it doesn't happen often, but if it does happen to you just look for a divider going all the way across the screen with a little tab in the centre of the screen with 4 little dots on it, grab those dots with your mouse and pull the divider down, you should now be able to the the frequencies for that tab, as long as its applicable of course.

div1.jpg

div2.jpg

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks Andy my eyes must be going LOL cheers Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART