Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

I would like to say something about the "filty" airplanes you are selling.  I would like to buy my 777 without a scratch, scuff or smudge.  Then as my flight hours rise, the details of wear come to life.  You can see instantly how much someone has flown based on the wear on their craft.  That would be cool.  I am sure that would delay the release a bit, but cool it would be.

Tim 757 R.

Tim tra757 Rotunda

Austin, Texas, USA

Not seeing this jerky movement, I was assigning a slider on my quadrant to speed brake was butter smooth.

I believe the speed brake movements in the video are from yoke inputs. If enough roll is demanded, the spoilers are used in conjunction with the ailerons.

I'm far from a hard-core simmer, but have messing around with flight simulators since I had subLOGIC's on a 5.25 floppy for my Commodore 64, and PMDG has rejuvenated my interest in the hobby to a level I haven't felt since navigating VOR to VOR from Meigs to Champaign almost 30 years ago. It's strange, in my Walter Mitty world, after piloting the NGX, my level of anticipation for the 777 is as if I am on the verge of being given the opportunity to pilot the real thing.

It is apparent that while PMDG is a business, the dedication to fidelity exhibited by the developers is a passion that exceeds any business necessity. Please allow this obsequious post to serve as an expression of my gratitude.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

PMDG has committed homicide on my other planes save the ngx.I never fly my other airliners as much as the NGx. I remember first starting it up a year ago and being blown away at the detail and fidelity. It's hard to imagine how the T-7 will surpass the ngx. PMDG has never let the simming community down and has never dissapointed me since I first purchased the original NG. Though this next plane might burn a good sized hole in my wallet, I know its worth the spend.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

To the guys talking about the NGX spoiler animation - we took a deeper look at this tonight and discovered a code side issue that's causing the animation to drop keyframes. It's fixable and we'll do it for SP2. The 777 does not have this issue.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

To the guys talking about the NGX animations - we took a deeper look at this tonight and discovered a code side issue that's causing the animation to drop keyframes.  It's fixable and we'll do it for SP2.  777 does not have this issue.

That's good to hear. Does this mean that the VC yoke will also animate smoother? Does this coding issue also affect other PMDG aircraft?

This applies only to the spoilers - the VC is animation limited (we're at the absolute maximum there) so nothing can change there even if we wanted to. For what it's worth I don't see the yoke having that kind of jerkiness here either myself by the way - it looks smooth to me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

To the guys talking about the NGX spoiler animation - we took a deeper look at this tonight and discovered a code side issue that's causing the animation to drop keyframes. It's fixable and we'll do it for SP2. The 777 does not have this issue.

Great to hear Ryan. 

2. Do you have the NGX?  It's exactly like that - all controlled from the PMDG SETUP pages on the CDU. The 747's method is really old and archaic.

I have but a small idea. Nothing big, and I'm sure it's probably crossed the team's mind... What about having the ability to use the Door Synoptic page to open and close doors? Like just by clicking on the name of each door?

Like I said, just a small idea. Maybe something for a future update. It would make it easier to visualize what doors you are opening, especially since this beauty has quite a few more than the NGX. Looks excellent so far guys. I can't wait to hop into the left seat of this magnificent aircraft. It's my favorite commercial aircraft, and one that I have been awaiting for many moons to be able to fly.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I have but a small idea. Nothing big, and I'm sure it's probably crossed the team's mind... What about having the ability to use the Door Synoptic page to open and close doors? Like just by clicking on the name of each door?

Like I said, just a small idea. Maybe something for a future update. It would make it easier to visualize what doors you are opening, especially since this beauty has quite a few more than the NGX. Looks excellent so far guys. I can't wait to hop into the left seat of this magnificent aircraft. It's my favorite commercial aircraft, and one that I have been awaiting for many moons to be able to fly.

Probably not - we've got our system with the PMDG SETUP and FS ACTIONS pages in the CDU and we want to maintain commonality with the NGX (and 744v2).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Probably not - we've got our system with the PMDG SETUP and FS ACTIONS pages in the CDU and we want to maintain commonality with the NGX (and 744v2).

Ryan, any word on the MD-11 style real time refueling option? It would be nice to have that run in the background while pre-flighting and selecting flight plans. 

your night lighting on the overhead looks spot on btw, it's never been fully satisfying in the sim before, but this looks like it could do the job

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

we want to maintain commonality with the NGX

Does this mean the cool lil pushback feature, too?! :lol: