Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

I was a pilot of the PMDG Fly! 777, and have a sneaking suspicion that this version might be somewhat more comprehensive. =)

Thanks Rob for the update, and thanks to the broader team for all the hard work, every product PMDG has released has been of the highest quality!

Best regards, and I look forward to what the future will bring to our favorite hobby!

- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Can't say I've been this excited in a long time! Looking forward to the release! 

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

I know this has probably been asked, but why the -200LR as the base? It's the least used of them all, so I'm not really understanding why it didn't start with the -200ER, which I believe is the most used.

Will the -200ER/-300ER be one pack, two, or will the -200ER be free and the -300ER be a pack like you said? Either way, awesome updates and since performance is "supposed" to be better I might have to buy it.

Amazing News Robert ! I'm Happy !

Fantastic update! Can't wait!!

By the way, Robert, when will it be released?

:P

next week

I think the 777 will be easier to fly than the NGX

#DammICannotWaitToBuyThisJustToSitAtTheRampMessingWithControlsAndSpoolUpTheEngines

How about an sound preview =]

(To soon?)

Great news! Good update and gorgeous images! Right now I'm rapidly closing in on 56N40W on my way from Moscow to JFK. I decided to do a non-scheduled flight and departed at 2:13am my local time, to move the virtual me (yes I know.. Forever alone!) to Seattle, to be close by for when I have to do a delivery flight for Emirates to Dubai. Ohh yes, did I mention already, that I am forever alone?! Riiiight... SO! Hmm let's see, arrival in JFK at 1058z or 1158 am my local, so still plenty of time to drool over the pictures! But don't worry. 3/15 was World Sleep Day, so I got up at 2p. I'm excused for the wierd hours!  :rolleyes:

I know this has probably been asked, but why the -200LR as the base? It's the least used of them all, so I'm not really understanding why it didn't start with the -200ER, which I believe is the most used.

Will the -200ER/-300ER be one pack, two, or will the -200ER be free and the -300ER be a pack like you said? Either way, awesome updates and since performance is "supposed" to be better I might have to buy it.

The 200LR, 777F, and 300ER alll share the same engine type (the GE90-110B/115B). Modelling the engines and their associated performance data in the FMC and tuning it is one of the most time consuming parts of our process. To release a 200ER as the first package it would require us to model 3 different engine types which are not used in any of the newer variants. Add 3 more on top of that if you want the original 200 A and B models.

It just made sense to us to start with the LR (and the F) because it's kind of the jack of all trades of the fleet - it can do practically anything the other variants can do aside from carrying a few more people like the 300ER. Any 777 flight you want to do will be doable right off the bat with the LR.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Really impressive! I'm not so much of a long haul flyer anymore (no time available :-( ) but this I cannot ignore.... It will be a must-buy the day she's released...<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Guys - weather radar stuff is an instant delete, we're not going to be beating that dead horse again.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!" :Silly:  :Silly:  :Silly:

:Shocked:  :Shocked:

Absolutely terrific!!! I am literally out of words to describe this!

BTW why does the FMC say that the Model of the plane is a 77-200 and not a 777-200. There's a "7" missing right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The 200LR, 777F, and 300ER alll share the same engine type (the GE90-110B/115B). Modelling the engines and their associated performance data in the FMC and tuning it is one of the most time consuming parts of our process. To release a 200ER as the first package it would require us to model 3 different engine types which are not used in any of the newer variants. Add 3 more on top of that if you want the original 200 A and B models.

It just made sense to us to start with the LR (and the F) because it's kind of the jack of all trades of the fleet - it can do practically anything the other variants can do aside from carrying a few more people like the 300ER. Any 777 flight you want to do will be doable right off the bat with the LR.

So, if I understand correctly, the base package will be released first, then are we GUARANTEED the 777-300ER as an expansion pack? Then if enough people want the -200/ER then you will create it?

BTW why does the FMC say that the Model of the plane is a 77-200 and a 777-200. There's a "7" missing right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Along with the full "GE90-110B" missing. However I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure they already are aware and on their list of minor things to do.  ^_^

Makes perfect sense to me. Also apologies Ryan, I deleted part of my first post that you replied to since I didn't want it starting anything unnecessary. I did however see your reply via e-mail notification, so thanks for the response!

Great News Robert!

Good work. ;)

I like your answers for Release date and etc questions. Really funny. :P

Guys - weather radar stuff is an instant delete, we're not going to be beating that dead horse again.

Good call. Shouldn't have bothered responding, but I guess we all have a snowball's chance in hell of banishing that topic from these forums completely.

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR