Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17APR13 - Upcoming FANCON'13: Give me your thoughts?

If it was, I had a serious mental lapse somewhere along the line. :lol:

And we trust you to watch important stuff :P

As I do live in Wichita Ks I am going to be attending I would like to here about the future of aviation simulation and coffee cake one. But in all seriousness I am looking forward to that weekend!!!!

Brian Kiraly

I hope it will give a release date for the PMDG777 :Praying: .

I can not sleep.

I'd like to know when dabbling in politics if you had an insiders look at Area 51 and if so were you able to recruit any non-human species onto the development team to use their sophisticated knowledge in spacecraft design to implement in pushing the fsx boundaries for the upcoming 777?

Well I wasn't that enthusiastic to give an input because I am sure what I am discussing is defiantly a challenge and I am sure a lot of us has the same ideas one-way or another, however,since all the big developers at the flight simulation world are gathering,  I thought to bring that up......

I start the FS experiences by purchasing FSX with SP1 & SP2 then acceleration.... By time I have to get more sophisticated planes like PMDG's or maybe more 5-10 models to get the right feel of the plane.  Perhaps a programs like FS2Crew and RAAS to give me a real flight environment also another one for calculating V1, V2,  VR & FOB ??   I need  to get a weather program or FS will look so dull then textures will improve for land, water, trees, grass, roads and airports. I might as well get a program to increase some effects like sounds, turbulence, weather radar, icing effects, contrails and 3D lights. Also I might buy a moon and sun add-ons for more realistic look :)  Then I have to buy airports scenery,  areas scenery, countries scenery and it could be divided in many areas as well,  ...but not enough,  I have to buy a land-class add-ons to enhance topography ??!! and another to enhance coastal line & bodies of water.  How about a program to give me the right traffic, density & models ..that would be nice.......OK.....that's might be it .....No......I am a serious simmer  I need to get programs to make me a flight plan... perhaps a real world one and another program to make me understand each and every airport charts, SID, STARS transition, obstacles,  limits & procedures ?? And other information about airports, perhaps joining VA to learn more ??? of course with the ever changing AIRAC cycle data base every month .....well ...is that all..... No....I might need more beautiful look for the simulator by program like Shade ?? How about another program to tie all add-ons together or hardware,  what it does exactly is not clear to me yet but it is a must :) If I am flying on line I need other program for communication which is free, old and causing lots of problems!!!!  How about YOK control and throttle quadrant or panels.........another long story.

Then I have to have a computer to support all that a new one,  a graphics card, perhaps over clocking ?? A computer utility to solve various on going problem such as registry cleaning & an anti virus that is not causing a problem with FS, also utilities to manage computer RAM& COR!!  And I might use as well that site to enhance the FS performance totally or follow one of the tutorials ??? Endless, painful and ever developing process......

I believe at the above I am only scratching the service of what we have to go through to put the correct add-ons together to create the ultimate FS experience, however later on we will suffer from problems such as CTD & OOR & other errors no matter what :(

Now to my question ....When all the developers ( or some of them) efforts will unite to produce the ultimate FS machine??? Which has all of the above tested and tried & a hardware supporting it?? I am sure it wont come for cheap, however, it will have a correct segment of customers...Is it a dream or could happen even on stages ??? 

Please excuse my English 

Best regards 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Robert- I would like to hear what your belief is on the future of the sim industry. I do not care particularly on any certain product, but I would like to hear on what path you think the industry will be heading. As the technology changes and improves, what impact will this have on the sim community. I think most importantly what flight simulator  vehicle will be used in the future? 

Sorry I cannot make it to FANCON 13, but look forward to the reports. And Robert Thank you for taking the time to ask us what we think.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

I would like to know if the the Witchita Linesman is still on the line ?

I would like to know if the the Witchita Linesman is still on the line ?

YES. UTTER YES. :lol:  :biggrin:  :LMAO: 

One of the biggest issues our hobby faces, in my opinion, is the direction Microsoft will be taking the next version of Windows. As I read the forums, a number of individuals are having issues with Win 8.

As Microsoft moves more towards a tablet environment with Windows 9 (or what ever they will call it), will they "break" FSX because of changes to the OS?

Also, will Rob ever enter his T-6 (assuming he still has it) into the Reno Air Races again now that he has moved? BTW - he had another pilot fly it during the races. I've been going to these races for years, and managed to have several chats with him a number of years ago when I visited the pits.

Bill Clark

Bill-

I'm sorry to have missed you last year- it was always nice when you'd stop by the pit during race week.

We retired Grace8 from air racing at the conclusion of the 2011 races.  Only part of that decision was related to our move back to Virginia- the larger issue was simply the risk/reward vs. liability equation.

Jimmy Leeward was a friend- and that gave us a front row seat for what happened after his accident in 2011.  In spite of the fact that we carried a tremendous amount of insurance on the airplane, and the fact that it was owned by a holding company- it became obvious that the current state of liability awards made it impractical to expect any protection in the event of the unthinkable.

So Grace8 has moved here to VA with the rest of the family...  I anticipate visiting the races this year as a non-participant- but our racing days are through.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

One of the biggest issues our hobby faces, in my opinion, is the direction Microsoft will be taking the next version of Windows. As I read the forums, a number of individuals are having issues with Win 8.

As Microsoft moves more towards a tablet environment with Windows 9 (or what ever they will call it), will they "break" FSX because of changes to the OS?

Also, will Rob ever enter his T-6 (assuming he still has it) into the Reno Air Races again now that he has moved? BTW - he had another pilot fly it during the races. I've been going to these races for years, and managed to have several chats with him a number of years ago when I visited the pits.

Bill Clark

Bill-

I'm sorry to have missed you last year- it was always nice when you'd stop by the pit during race week.

We retired Grace8 from air racing at the conclusion of the 2011 races. Only part of that decision was related to our move back to Virginia- the larger issue was simply the risk/reward vs. liability equation.

Jimmy Leeward was a friend- and that gave us a front row seat for what happened after his accident in 2011. In spite of the fact that we carried a tremendous amount of insurance on the airplane, and the fact that it was owned by a holding company- it became obvious that the current state of liability awards made it impractical to expect any protection in the event of the unthinkable.

So Grace8 has moved here to VA with the rest of the family... I anticipate visiting the races this year as a non-participant- but our racing days are through.

Where in VA, Rob? Do you live in VA?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Gents-

Thanks for all the input! 

I am planning to discuss a bit of PMDG's history and where we are headed, along with our view of simming as a hobby and where we think that is headed.

It will be entirely up to Tom whether we do question & answer...  I'll run it by him and see what he thinks. 

I'm looking forward to getting to spend some time with you all in Wichita!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

I am planning to discuss a bit of PMDG's history and where we are headed, along with our view of simming as a hobby and where we think that is headed.

It will be entirely up to Tom whether we do question & answer...  I'll run it by him and see what he thinks. 

And future release date "PMDG777"

Gents-

Robert-

Please make sure that someone takes a video of your speach. As flighttickets to the US are quite expensive, i won´t be able to join in unfortunately, but i would like to see it afterwards :)

Alex

regards,

Alexander Marx

It will be entirely up to Tom whether we do question & answer... I'll run it by him and see what he thinks.

Remember the "Long winded" and "Blow Hard" clauses in the speaker's contract?

Seriously, that will depend on time. You are first up with the salad, so if you want to forgo your main course and desert, you will have plenty of time! :Big Grin:

Seriously, that will depend on time. You are first up with the salad, so if you want to forgo your main course and desert, you will have plenty of time! :Big Grin:

"Now let's talk about the upcoming 777. I am now finaly going to reveal the release date. The PMDG 777 will be released on....wait...um..sorry guys, it's so late already. Gotta run for my salad..."

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg