Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

17APR13 - Upcoming FANCON'13: Give me your thoughts?

1  Can we continue with the FSX platform and continue getting great aircraft ,and scenery.

2  If not where would a new platform come from,as it appears Microsoft are not interested..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The future of flight simming truly needs to be addressed.

Im with Luke...cuz luke's are the best obviosly :P

I would also like to see what goes on in the background..the amount a pre planning, information gathering ect

I hope to see of what I saw from the Aerosoft convention! It was quite uplifting to hear you speak about the biz and your product and company vision.

When I saw that I felt this hobby went up a notch in seriousness. Some 10-15 years ago it was a pass time hobby, but now it's a science and serious spare time activity.

All the best to you all at PMDG!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

The state of operational performance issues in the global airline industry?

I'd be interested to hear some of what your take is on it.  Then again, I'd have to watch it on YouTube or something.  My brother's engagement party is that weekend.

Kyle Rodgers

Like most here, I would like to hear your thoughts on the future of our hobby, but I would particularly like to hear them in the context of the past and present. For example, your company started on the iFly platform, and then changed, why? What were the drivers for change and which of them exist again today?

Im with Luke...cuz luke's are the best obviosly :P

I would also like to see what goes on in the background..the amount a pre planning, information gathering ect

I can imagine the PMDG team sitting in a small dark room around the table with Rob bringing tens of huge boxes with tens of thousands of papers inside covering all the information on certain plane and saying "Let's build a plane" and trying to convince it will be fun with everyone else looking at each other with a desperate face thinking "Not again, he must be crazy."  :LMAO:  :help:

Maybe some of their thoughts on this moment?

Joona Väisänen

I think topic of future of simming would be interesting to hear, considering that FSX is dead, P3D is unknown, and only really valuable option that's left is X10 and that's still lagging behind.  and with all rumors about intel losing interest in pc platform processor developments and going mobile/handheld, would be interesting about future.

As many have said above, it would be really interesting to see your point of view on the future Flight Simulators what we will have with-in the next 5-10 years?! 

Also some PMDG merchandise, such as T-Shirts etc...where are they? (just a query)  :Big Grin:

Another thing Robert might consider is having a 10-15 minute Q&A session with those present maybe after his keynote address.  Interested minds want to know.  Of course release dates would still be off limits :Big Grin:

Chris Sunseri

future of simming..   Really interested in what your company intends to build for X-plane....

BTW there is some doubters in the X-plane community that think PMDG won't be able to compete with the top X-plane designers and will have to release a simple plane for a initial release. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

1) future of flight simming

2) PMDG future: x-plane or prepar3d? This is the question......

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

1) The future of flight simming
2) PMDGs future regarding simulations of Airbus aircraft :Thinking:  :smile:

I'm personally really interested in how you make these aircraft - I'd happily watch a documentary on it if ever made!

That would be interesting to see and even though you guys may have some secret techniques you could offer a basic presentation similar to what LOTUS did at the end of their L-39 manual where he showed some basic and some funny screenshots. 

1. Where is the hobby of Flight Simulation headed?

2. Are we at a plateau as it relates to the features that can be implimented in current FS platforms? (FSX/P3D & X-Plane)

3. Will PMDG venture into the world of Regional aircraft? (Embraer & ATR specifically)

4. Most simmers are clueless as to how much work goes into developing an add-on aircraft. Can you enlighten the community on what is involved? (From day 1 to the day of release) I understand that you may not be able to share everything, but giving the community an insider view of the work involved may be beneficial to simmers having much more respect and appreciation for developers.

5. What advice would you give to someone who wants to make a full-time or part-time career in developing FS add-ons?

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer