Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

1 Boston terror suspect Killed, another on the run.

Full Story Here

As of this posting, the situation is ongoing and still fluid. Details are going to be subject to change as more information is released. 

(CNN) Two men terrorized Bostonians with violence overnight, and police believe they could be the same men who planted bombs that killed three in the Boston Marathon Monday.

One of the suspects is dead after a shootout with police, said spokesman Captain Paul MacMillan.

The other man is still at large, he warned, and believed to be armed and dangerous. Officers from various police departments and the FBI are searching house to house in the neighborhood of Watertown, Massachusetts, to try to track him down.

Boston police circulated a surveillance camera image of the man, which resembled photos of one of the two suspects sought after for their alleged involvement in the marathon attacks.

Two violent incidents kept Bostonians on edge over night, just days after the bombing of the iconic Boston Marathon. It started with the shooting death of a college police officer Thursday night and ended with a carjacking that may have involved explosives early Friday.

Police believe at least one suspect used explosives against their officers in the second incident.

Howling sirens pierced the night quiet, and flashing lights lit up the darkness, as dozens of officers from state and city police responded to the deadly shooting on the campus of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge. Hardly an hour later, they were chasing at least one suspect in a hijacked vehicle less than five miles away.

Police cornered the vehicle in the suburb of Watertown and arrested a suspect. He may have used explosives in the futile attempt to elude police, police spokesman Dave Procopio told CNN.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Truly awful week for Boston residents and police. Many thanks from all of us for the service the local police are providing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I heard the one who's died so far died in extreme, prolonged agony, as doctors did everything they could to try to save him in the hospital. It took 15 minutes.

Listening to a scanner the search is still on for more.

edit: pipe bomb detonated - controlled.

another controlled detonation - Charles St?

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am gonna take it as a given that those who can are watching their TV's and tracking this very carefully. I certainly am, but its with a growing feeling of unreality. It feels so much like some sort of terrorist themed crime drama; the loud and splashy type that makes two hours pass in a theater but isn't really all that believable because of all the unlikely plot twists and big, predictably dramatic (approaching) climax.

What a world..

Devons rig

I am gonna take it as a given that those who can are watching their TV's and tracking this very carefully. I certainly am, but its with a growing feeling of unreality. It feels so much like some sort of terrorist themed crime drama; the loud and splashy type that makes two hours pass in a theater but isn't really all that believable because of all the unlikely plot twists and big, predictably dramatic (approaching) climax.

What a world..

Devon,

I think yours is a perfectly natural reaction to all this--the way I felt when I watched the OJ Simpson slow speed chase.  I am trying to avoid watching videos of both this and the Texas disaster--I don't like to be glued to this type of stuff.  I am checking the headlines from time to time to see if they have any success catching the second suspect.  I overdid it when 9/11 happened--I saw too much of that disaster until I could not get the imagery out of my mind.  That too seemed to gain a feeling of unreality.  Watching too much violence numbs us to it, at any age.  I've learned as I've grown older that our minds are like sponges that work one way.  What we absorb is very hard, if not impossible to get rid of unless we populate our minds with something else, something more positive.

John

I live about 10 miles from Watertown.  I heard about this in my car radio on the way to work.  As one of those black SUVs with tinted windows and visible-only-when-they're-on blue flashers sped by going the other way, I realized that pretty much every police resource in the state was on full alert.

At lunch, I watched the news for an hour and didn't learn a single thing.  Saturation news coverage can't tell us anything if there's no new information available.

The reports so far say that the brothers were in a heated gunfight with police, and the older brother died from bullet wounds and injuries from an explosion, presumeably from one of his own homemade "explosive devices."  It would not surprise me if the younger brother were also seriously wounded.  He might even have crawled into a basement and died.

This afternoon, I made a contribution to One Fund, the charity for the victims.  I just wanted to do something.

Just sent Us home from work in Boston, glad to be out of there didn't want to spend my weekend at work due to a mandatory stay put.

Rich Sennett

I live about 10 miles from Watertown.  I heard about this in my car radio on the way to work.  As one of those black SUVs with tinted windows and visible-only-when-they're-on blue flashers sped by going the other way, I realized that pretty much every police resource in the state was on full alert.

At lunch, I watched the news for an hour and didn't learn a single thing.  Saturation news coverage can't tell us anything if there's no new information available.

The reports so far say that the brothers were in a heated gunfight with police, and the older brother died from bullet wounds and injuries from an explosion, presumeably from one of his own homemade "explosive devices."  It would not surprise me if the younger brother were also seriously wounded.  He might even have crawled into a basement and died.

This afternoon, I made a contribution to One Fund, the charity for the victims.  I just wanted to do something.

A lot of bad stuff this week, one thing hit our family this week.  There was an attempted abduction on my daughter's morning walk to school--someone tried to abduct a boy.  The school was on lockdown and sorry to say the suspect got away.  The school called my home to alert me and also sent out a letter by email.  Other students came to the rescue of the student involved and threw stones at the suspect.  They do have a composite drawing but I doubt he'll be caught--doubt he's even from our area.  Happened on the same day as what happened in Boston and it really shook my daughter up.  Even though she's a teenager, we won't let her go out alone now.  Very sad, we live in a rural area away from the city but these predators just drive out and look for opportunities.

John

.....It would not surprise me if the younger brother were also seriously wounded.  He might even have crawled into a basement and died.

I suspect you're right about this.  Don't see how the suspect could have escaped such a dragnet.  If not dead, he may be seriously injured and unable to escape wherever he's ended up.  Or, he took his own life.

19yo Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, permanent US resident with Chechen origin has been identified as the surviving suspect. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-2013-4

Apparently the dead one was his brother. 

a 19yr old with bombs :lol:   when I was 19 I had drinking and dancing on my mind :lol:

What did yall dance to back then, the Waltz? LOL Sorry, couldn't resist. Hahaha :-P

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I suspect you're right about this.  Don't see how the suspect could have escaped such a dragnet.  If not dead, he may be seriously injured and unable to escape wherever he's ended up.  Or, he took his own life.

I am thinking the same thing, they would have infra-red helicopters out and sniffer dogs, and they can't find him. If he did get into a vehicle and drive away that would explain why the dogs can't find him. If he did crawl into something to hide I would think the dogs would sniff him out by now. We will have to wait and see.

a 19yr old with bombs    when I was 19 I had drinking and dancing on my mind

When I was 19 I was listening to Nirvana and going to Lolapolooza as it was 1991. That was the summer when Pearl Jam released 10. I was living in Myrtle Beach for most of that summer and it was one of the best summers of my life.

Yes I don't recall any terrorism back then. Very different time in retrospect

Matthew Kane

Breaking news, now the Mother is saying that they were set up. The Uncle is a stand up guy, but the mother,aunt and Dad are really in denial. The FBI has all the evidence it needs to prove without a reasonable doubt that these are the guys. If I'm not mistaken, the older brother had an IED on him, what more proof does the family need.