Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Majestic Dash 8 Q400 - How to get it started.

Could anyone give me a few steps please  in how to get this aircraft started so I can save it in engine started state?

I may decide to start it up following the procedure eventually but not today. I just want to simply fly this aircraft.

Or could anyone give me a save state files.. I can PM my e-mail addy. :)

Its unfortunate that tthey have not give us a few saved flight for duffers like me... who simply want to get going right off the bat  for now.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

When you installed it you also got something called "Documentation Index", you should be able to find it through your start menu.

From there you can find sample flight file which shows procedures for quick start from default state, it doesn't really take more than a couple of minutes, extremely simple. 

Please, anyone could guide me to start the engines. I tried to follow the 'sample flight tutorial' with no success (I could not get rid of low oil pressure).

Thanks in advance

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Please, anyone could guide me to start the engines. I tried to follow the 'sample flight tutorial' with no success (I could not get rid of low oil pressure).

Thanks in advance

Harry

Go to Overhead Panel. Engine Start section, select engine 2, turn the switch to NORM press the SELECT switch to 2 and press START. Engine should start, do the same for the other. 

Not the best tutorial I know, but hopefully you will have a good result. 

Start APU, turn on bleed air.

Select starter and ignition, press starter. When the turbine reaches max motoring speed (just less than 20%) move condition lever from cutoff to start/feather. Repeat for second engine.

When both started, move condition levers all the way forward. Make sure bleed air/gens on both engines. APU off, move throttles to "rating" when on runway: happy flying.

Go to Overhead Panel. Engine Start section, select engine 2, turn the switch to NORM press the SELECT switch to 2 and press START. Engine should start, do the same for the other. 

Not the best tutorial I know, but hopefully you will have a good result.

Thats what I tried, Propeller starts moving but keeps slow - that's it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Did you turn on the APU? The ground power doesn't generate enough power to start the engines, therefor you need to start the APU in order to start the engines. 

As tumtiddle has said above... 

Where's 'Ctrl E' when you need it, eh? B)

Can't wait to try this bird for myself. Just waiting for the rush to die down..

In the meantime I'm scribbling down the tips being posted here!

Did you move the condition lever from cutoff to start/feather?

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guys, thank you. I got it started. :-) Probably without APU. But how can I see if APU is on or off. And where (how) do I switch it on or off.

Thanks a lot

Harry

- Harry 

Another thing: if you start the engines by heavy snow, it can happen that the engine intakes get stucked with snow and the engine won't start. In this case, open the bypass doors (ovh panel, left) to let the air in and the startup would succeed

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Anone has an answer for this?

Its not sending Attitude indicator numbers.. Pitch and Bank information is not being sent out of the FSX.

So if you havea second PC with the 6 pack on it, your attitude indicator and  your TC may not work

My FI Gauge Attitude indicator is not working. When I load the aircraft again. It works for a bit and then stops. I checked. FSX is not sending the Pitch and Bank numbers out with this aircraft.

Anyone with Saitek )Pro Flight Insrument Panel. Does your attitude indicator work with this  aircraft?

Manny

Anone has an answer for this?

Its not sending Attitude indicator numbers.. Pitch and Bank information is not being sent out of the FSX.

So if you havea second PC with the 6 pack on it, your attitude indocator may not work

My FI Gauge Attitude indicator is not working. When I load the aircraft again. It works for a bit and then stops. I checked. FSX is not sending the Pitch and Bank numbers out with this aircraft.

Anyone with Saitek )Pro Flight Insrument Panel. Does your attitude indicator work with this  aircraft?

Please send an e-mail to support@majesticsoftware.com, and please give  additional info regarding your system's O/S and what type of configuration are you attempting to operate the Dash with (I noticed you've made mention of a second PC)

Thanks

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Please send an e-mail to support@majesticsoftware.com, and please give  additional info regarding your system's O/S and what type of configuration are you attempting to operate the Dash with (I noticed you've made mention of a second PC)

Thanks

I am using Flight Illusion Gauges, that picks up all the basic aircraft position  like IAS, Heading,VSpeed, Pitch and Bank (it takes it from  FSUIPC). I don;t have a second PC.  

The bank goes to 29degree Left bank (even I bank right) and stops/freezes. The Pitch goes to negative -020 and freezes.   The display within the VC is fine. I am talking about the values sent out of FSX via FSUIPC.

This is basic info, almost all aircrafts putout within FSX. 

I have Win 7 64bit. FSX Gold

I would think any gauges or tools like Saitek Panels uses this info to display their gauges.

Manny