Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosswind

Service Pack 1 (Released to Beta Group)

Well Folks,

04/29/2013

I know you are probably saying that we have been a bit under the radar, but actually "the Boss - Oleksiy" has been busy working on the first patch which has been disseminated to our Beta group for testing.  Once the testing proves to be successful we hope to have it released within a few days (take heed: a few days is not a specific time frame).

Listed below are the items that are being tested at the moment:

• FDE:
    • aircraft.cfg: updated gear positions for smoother repositions
    • Now writing Vert Speed to FSX for addon compatibility
    • mjc84.ini : PLs set for 0 position at DISC to enable the Reverse using F2 button
  • SYSTEMS:
    • Secondary bus will be powered by the APU
    • Sound : modified for Windows 8 usage
    • Nav: Fixed the DME antenna position
    • VHFs: Fixed the COM range to include 136.XXX
  • FMS:
    • NavManager: Fixed Heading to Altitude procedural navigation
    • NavManager: Fixed Course to Altitude procedural navigation
    • NavManager: Fixed Course from Fix to Altitude procedural navigation
    • TERMINAL navigation, leg termination threshold is now 1.0 nm
  • MODEL:
    • included the wing and propeller views in the Virtual Cockpit

Awesome job guy's !!
I know a few who could learn from this kind of service..!!

Respect !

Is the second bullet under FDE the solution to the ACARS/FSUIPC issue, I hope? :)

Great work getting this update out to us all so quickly team!!

Cheers,

Thanks for the update! Will the "Sound : Modified for Windows 8 Usage" fix apply to Windows 7 as well?? I have the sound cut out issue but I'm on Windows 7.

Just curious. Thanks!

I afraid pushback will never be fixed by Majestic. This is why there is an internal pushback feature.

Simeon,

Great list, great customer service!!!! I haven't flown anything else since release and I'm still learning.

Quick question, is the lack of turbulence still being researched? I'm in love with the Q400 but I don't get any turbulence with real weather, regardless of add-on or FSX internal weather used.

Cheers,

Pete

The PushBack function is something that Oley is trying to have a look at - I am testing a .dll at the moment which has potential but still has some minor issues.  More on this at a later time.  Regarding AES, I have never used it as I saw that it can become a money-pit....LOL  I have several airports and cannot fathom having to pay credits for each one.  GSX was the knight in shining armour for me.  Not sure if any of our Beta group uses AES.

Will have to look into it.

Guest BeaverDriver

This might sound strange, but I am ecstatic about having the wing view from the VC being added! It's that "immersion" thing and while I realize you are looking a looong way back to see the wing from the cockpit of the Q400, it still is possible, and sometimes done to confirm if icing is becoming an issue or not. I applaud all the changes (and the airplane!!! - rarely has an FSX model worked so well out of the box as this machine!), but this one is really icing on the cake. Nice work, and thank you!!!

Glenn

Could you add a hidden TOGA click spot on the glareshield? It would make the life a bit easier (remember we operating an two man aircraft - but we are alone in the copckpit)...

Could you add a hidden TOGA click spot on the glareshield? It would make the life a bit easier (remember we operating an two man aircraft - but we are alone in the copckpit)...

+1

I never even liked the dash 8 before buying this but since I have, It is now an addiction! lol

+1

Or just a keyboard shortcut so we can map it to a joystick.

+1,000,000

Nevermind, I see there is a TOGA button on the throttles!!

Yes that is right! But how to you see it while flying this plane....? To you fly and look around? I can only look or flying - but not both!

Great customer support to listen and apply a service pack. Very nice to see and enjoying the aircraft. 

Just my note,  I dont have disappearing sound, but I do find the external sound so very quiet and dull. When I worked with props on the ramp they were very loud and intimidating and big distinction from feather to maxing up the CLs.  I wouldve thought this would be part of a service pack of the sound issue. 

Not a complaint, just observation. :)

Doesn't the default FSX TO/GA button assignment trigger the majestic's TO/GA?

Not sure about the default assignment, but FSUIPC will map it as a macro. Per post at MJS forum.

What about 'jerky' movement when flying? It's almost like stuttering, tho it feels different.. Haven't got fraps so can't record it.. Any ideas?

Doesn't the default FSX TO/GA button assignment trigger the majestic's TO/GA?

Sadly no they didn't do that, but as stated previously you can assign it with a mouse macro in FSUIPC.