Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

The New 757 Drool thread

Xiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Incredible :-)

So Nuno, you didn't like Prepar3d :-( Well, I just re-installed FSX Gold, took me this dawn and afternoon, but you know ...

I'M NUUUUUTSSSsssss!

I never bought the 777, but a friend which owns thousands of FSX add-ons, and is also a fan of X-Plane10 - actually the one who got me into XP10 last year... - says the best about the 777...

I know that when we have the level raised by PMDG and A2A, it's difficult to be satisfied with less...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

P3D is essentially FSX, i didn't see anything worth paying the extra cash for. Until someday maybe.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I find it odd Zach sided with him. Nuno's post was a deliberate attempt to derail this thread.

Anyways, no one knows the depth of systems on this aircraft as it has not been released yet.

I'll explain the comment. Then we'll leave it at that. Saying "I want detailed systems" is one thing. But bringing FSX and FSX products into an Xplane forum is inflammatory and will inevitably cause trouble. I didn't "side" with anyone. I'll just delete the squabbling posts next time.

I like both members. They've been here a while! Let's just avoid the FSX vs XPX vs FS9 junk (especially when it's in this context)!

you too my friend, PM your info and I will send you XP10 Global for free :friends:  :good:   No more free copies, i'm not that rich :lol:  :drinks:

I'll take one ;)

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It looks fantastic. I'd be interested to know the depth of its systems. I've been looking at XPX, the planes seem interesting (777, CRJ and now this 757) but it's lacking the default airport buildings and scenery. Very interesting things in XP land...

I'll take one ;)

Who wouldn't at that price!?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Let's just avoid the FSX vs XPX vs FS9 junk (especially when it's in this context)!

I totally agree. Ultimately, you get the last word as a moderator but Nuno was completely out of line in this thread, as the many disapproving posts have hinted at.

Oddly enough i bought quite a lot. The dash 8 as well and took me 3 days to activate it because of great product support.

I see some that say they had trouble activating the Dash8.  I had no problems at all.  Activated like any other addon that I have.

I bought it from JustFlight and they give some of the best product support in the business.

Judging by the speed they put out airplanes, they should fly something in between FSX default and Captain Sim.

Engine animation is ridiculous and they never show systems at work. Wonder why :(

They were working on this plane for years...

HDR textures won't do RNAV approaches, sorry. Not bashing, being realistic about it.

Well, their T7 can do proper RNAV approaches with HDR, HD textures in 64bit :)

I don't see why the 757 wouldn't do the same.

Ah yes, the Flying Pencil, could be of interest. XPX desperately needs an infusion of hardcore pay jets.

I have seen your posts before and I am pretty sure you won't like this plane or the 777 they have out already

Judging by the speed they put out airplanes, they should fly something in between FSX default and Captain Sim.

Engine animation is ridiculous and they never show systems at work. Wonder why :(

Agreed

I guess your LevelD 757 will do RNAV when it releases in 2019 :lol: :lol: :P

This is not a FSX vs. X-plane thing, it's a great addon vs. overrated addon thing. The R+P 777 is poorly simulated and is held up as if it is a study level sim... Sure it can do Rnav, I will say the navigation is very good but the rest of the systems are not simulated right. For example it does not derate properly, if you try to enter a assumed temp the N1 increases LOL I own The 777 and the CRJ ( also overrated) and I WILL not buy anymore planes from R+P.

I love X-plane and I am really excited for it's future but for now there is no study level airliners available so it's on the shelf until the IXEG737 comes out.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

there is no study level airliners available so it's on the shelf until the IXEG737 comes out.

IXEG 737 will be AMAZING! :good:  and surpass the R+P Planes in systems simulation.

IXEG 737 will be AMAZING! :good:  and surpass the R+P Planes in systems simulation.

Yeah I am really excited about it, I think it will be a game changer.  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I'm in Love!! :biggrin: I have seen The Future of Desk-Top Flight Simulation......and IT IS X-PLANE!!!!!!  :Big Grin:

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

PM your address, I will send you a free copy of xplane10 Global....no joke!  I gave away a free License of P3D a while ago on this Site to "KiwiFlyer".

PM'd you Five :smile:

Chris Howard

That's not a strobe... not sure exactly WHAT that is, but it's not a strobe, not correct to this aircraft, and for anyone who's never had to maintain an aircraft anti-collision light assy or know how they are built, they are generally "full cutoff" fixtures.  This means that there is actually very little, if any, light spillage onto the aircraft itself.  You ever look outside of the window of a (you pick the airliner) and seen the anti-collision strobes illuminate the top or bottom of the wing at night?  They don't.  On aircraft with winglets of any height, any fuselage-mounted light hardly never reflects to the winglet, and then it is a very brief, faint flash.

Depending on atmospheric clarity (humidity, dist, etc), a passenger can sometimes see the radiating flash of a nav or AC light very near the light itself, or the soft glow of the light assy when it is on, but they do not bathe the aircraft in light.  What you should see on the video above is a very brief reflected flash at the leading edge of the vertical stabilizer or on the upper/lower UHF/VHF antennae, and on the extreme lower inboard sides of the engine nacelles, if at all. 

Um, that's...quite a lot of very informative info, but be it strobe, beacon or christmas ornament, my point was it looks unrealistic given the real thing has none.

But of course, it IS just eye candy one way or the other, for all I know it could also be a great simulation. Wish only the best and great enjoyment for XP users - enjoy  ^_^

Regards,

Mark