Sign in to follow this  
lowew79

Brent Stolle patch

The support site says this patch is optional, what does it do?  Do you guys use?  Do you like it?  It is just a .cfg file, but what does it change?

The patch is to replace the original FDE (Flight Dynamics Engine.) Some would say, including myself, that Carenado, while superb in their design and overall quality of aircraft, fall short when it comes to the actual handling of the aircraft and is often not a true representation of the real aircraft. Bernt Stolle has released a number of replacement FDEs for several aircraft and are far superior to the original. I have one for the Carenado 185q and also for the Carenado 208 Grand Caravan, both now have improved handling.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

wheres the patch?

thx

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

many thanks

I just saved old aircraft.cfg and copied this one and added the included air file.

1 short flight so far and the trim seems less responsive is this correct?

* elevator trim

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

The patch is to replace the original FDE (Flight Dynamics Engine.) Some would say, including myself, that Carenado, while superb in their design and overall quality of aircraft, fall short when it comes to the actual handling of the aircraft and is often not a true representation of the real aircraft. Bernt Stolle has released a number of replacement FDEs for several aircraft and are far superior to the original. I have one for the Carenado 185q and also for the Carenado 208 Grand Caravan, both now have improved handling.

I installed that patch for my F33A from Carenado. 

Could anybody tell me what would be a realistic set of settings on FSX that goes with it? I am talking about the stuff you can change to imcrease/decrease realism in "settings" in FSX, such as auto-rudder (which I have already checked-off), torque, etc.... Are they even going to have any effects after the Brent patch?

I am using rudder-pedals and simple joystick, for now... 

Thanks!

Hi Kermit, sure, the FSX settings need to be set to max realism for any aircraft to be a more correct representation of an aircraft's handling.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The gentleman's name is Bernt, not Brent. Trivial maybe, but it suits my pedantic nature. His modified FDEs have made many an aircraft flyable...

A

Andrew Entwistle

I've never been disappointed in anything that Bernt has done with regards to FDEs.

Cheers

Martin

Where can i look for Bernt F33 FDE ?

TIA,

Zepinto

Send me a PM with your email address

Bert

Bert,

Did the A36 ship with his FDE or do I need to get it from somewhere as well?

Tx,

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Bert,

Did the A36 ship with his FDE or do I need to get it from somewhere as well?

Tx,

Gregg

Gregg, I do not recall..

Bert

From what I've read from Bernt dated July 2012...

Link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?68931-Which-planes-have-Bernt-Stolle-doing-the-FDE&p=729786&viewfull=1#post729786

"Here's a complete list (I think) of the FDEs."  Bernt Stolle

Free updates (FSX):
Carenado C185 / V35 / F33 / C208 / (B58 stall fix only)
Rick Pipers Chipmunk
Alabeo Su26
FR Super Cub

Commercial (FSX):
Carenado C188 / C337 / A36 / C90 / PA46
Alabeo Extra 300 / C188
KCFS SportStar / Seabee
FR Bf109K, Super Cub Ultra
Milviz C310 / B55 / T-38 / F-15

Commercial (x-plane):
Carenado C208

Also this one over at Flightsim.com

FSX Carenado Commander 114 New FDE. This FDE includes a totally new flight model for the payware Carenado Commander 114. With a lot of practise you can perform the same breathtaking aerobatics sequence Bob Hoover did with the stock 114. By Bernt Stolle.

He also did a mod for the Carenado C182Q for us which quite a few folks have gotten as well as the Milviz T38 and F15.  He's also doing FDEs for the new Milviz KingAir 350 and MU2.

Gregg, I do not recall..

Bernt PM'ed me and said you have to get the update from the Carenado website to get his FDE.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM