Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Pictures at FANCON 2013

I took some pictures while at FANCON 2013 last week and wanted to share them with the community.  I apologize for some of the grainy effects but still learning the camera feature in my Galaxy III.  I've just gotten to the "point" then "shoot" section of the manual. :lol:   I resized them and cropped out my thumb which somehow got in the way.

[Link Removed - Pictures now posted in FANCON 2013 Gallery]

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Good grief!

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!

Time to rig up a generator to an exercise machine to power the simulator! :blush:

Kind regards,

Great pics Jim, thanks for sharing.

\Robert Hamlich/

Good grief!

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!

Time to rig up a generator to an exercise machine to power the simulator! :blush:

Kind regards,

That was my immediate impression as well! I imagine if you played the "If you were a plane, what one would you be?" game at Fancon, the same answers might come up...:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!

Must be something wrong with Jim's camera Stephen :p0504:

Thanks Jim for sharing your photo's of the event. Was quite a task trying to put names to some of the faces, only managed a few. What a great community we are .

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Good grief!

Hefty! Hefty! Hefty!

Um, Stephen check out picture #22. OMG! I may never live that one down... :blush:

BTW, the first thing I did upon my return was to purge my archived message folder... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Jim,

Thanks for posting the pics.  Man, I look like I aged....... Your camera OK?  LOL! Now you see how FSX can age us from all of the stress! 

All kidding aside, great pics Jim. :)

Best, Jeff

Um, Stephen check out picture #22. OMG! I may never live that one down... :blush:

BTW, the first thing I did upon my return was to purge my archived message folder... :)

LOLOLOLOL! :LMAO:

It was Jim's wide angled fish eye lens that did that, surely! I guess most of us need to learn to push back from the gate before we board a full load!

Good for you! Yeah, our old drives need cleaning every so often to keep us from getting bogged down.

Thanks Tom!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This also inspired me to do the same.