Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CrewF16

Highest Quality AC

In your opinion (other than PMDG) who has the next best quality add on and what aircraft is it. What makes it so good? Maybe you think it is better than PMDG? I know the work that PMDG has done has caused a lot of other companies to start to re-think the way they are producing products, but so far I have not seen any that I would consider worthy. I mean I really do not need to adjust my seat if it does not change my view. Maybe I have missed some.

What do you think?
Thanks,
Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't believe that the PMDG forum is the place to ask about competitors' product.

Agreed with Richard, this doens't seem very appropriate here.

I can see where the post is coming from (if I'm assuming correctly, anyway).  If I'm looking for more quality products, one way of figuring out what other quality products I would like would be to ask customers of a known quality product.

I like PMDG products.  I trust those who own PMDG products to appreciate good quality.  I ask others if they have experience with other products.  I also buy those products.

While it's partially a compliment to PMDG, I do question whether or not it should be here.

If you like general aviation, RealAir has some incredible aircraft... mainly their Turbine Duke and Legacy.  Baytower makes an excellent RV7.  Aerosoft's Diamond Katana 4x is extremely systems deep.

If we are talking NOT airliners:

-A2A have some insanely good warbirds out, and also one non-warbird oldtimer, and one 737 with a twist (that is, 377). Very worth it if you like piston engines. Invest also in Accusim, well worth it. They are also going to release some GA piston singles (very much looking forward, especially as I plan to start my PPL soon - and what could be better to train for flying in a beat up 172 than flying in a beat up 172...)

-Lotus L-39 is about as good a representation of a jet trainer as it gets. Now if there was an original cockpit texture set (in Czech)...

If we are talking airliners:

-Leonardo Fly the Maddog is a very, very good product, especially on the system level. Graphically, it shows age... otherwise, excellent choice.

-Majestic Dash 8... a new kid on the block, but what a kid...

i havent seen FSL's a/c,but drom the things i heard about it and according to i am a airbus man,i think FSL Will take the first place,not now

but in second place,PMDG and MJC are.PMDG because of NGX,J41 and 777;and we all know about MJC.but MJC did a great job,i know he went for a smaller bird and a bit easier work,but he shined at the First met!so,here's my rank:

1-[i guess] FSL

2-PMDG && MJC

3-Digital aviation(indeed only because of Fokker)

4-CeraSim and DodoSim are great in helico's areas

5-VRS(tacpack and SuperBug)

k-1(k-->+infinite) - CaptainSim

k - Aerosoft

I can see where the post is coming from (if I'm assuming correctly, anyway).  If I'm looking for more quality products, one way of figuring out what other quality products I would like would be to ask customers of a known quality product.

I like PMDG products.  I trust those who own PMDG products to appreciate good quality.  I ask others if they have experience with other products.  I also buy those products.

Same here.

If PMDG products are your main "thing", then it makes sense to ask others who feel the same way what else interests them and they find of similar quality. While I haven't asked the OP's question here (or anywhere), a lot of the other addons I use (scenery, aircraft) I only purchased because I had seen fellow "PMDG'ers" talk about them in high regard. In fact, it's really the only way I can imagine doing it. Otherwise there's just too much out there to blindly know which product will be on the same playing field as my favorite add-ons and expectations.

From the 777 forum...

Guys,

We're not going to entertain discussions about other products that are competing with our 777 here - sorry, it's just better that way if we don't. If you want to debate such things, that's what the Avsim general forum is for.

The OP seems to be in a grey area. It's ultimately up to PMDG to decide if they find it acceptable, but I personally wouldn't fault him for coming here to ask. I completely understand and am actually looking forward to the responses people give. 

He never asked if there were any other 737s, MD11s, 747s, JS41s or the rest of PMDGs fleet out there. IMO it is just an assumption that he as asking about competitors. It is vague but we cannot be so quick to jump on the hostility bandwagon just because of what you perceive as his intent.

I own most all of PMDGs airframes and some others (which are not competitors) however when it comes to the real thing no one compares to PMDG. If multiple developers are producing the same product and PMDG is one of them...you can bet your bottom dollar that I will get the PMDG one.....

This is a PMDG customer support forum. It's for discussion about PMDG products and helping fellow owners of those products. It really isn't the place to discuss other products, interesting though it is to compare the quality (or lack of) found elsewhere. There are more appropriate forums on AVSIM to compare and contrast developers without the need to hold back your opinions out of respect for the hosts.

PMDG's 777....ohhhhhhhh... Booboo... Bet you didn't expect that from me...

While it's partially a compliment to PMDG, I do question whether or not it should be here.

Sorry Kyle...you are wrong...this is a PMDG SUPPORT FORUM...(albeit I agree with you) You are not allowed to post about anything..unless it is about PMDG products...lol

Question is...how fast will the suckups fall in line the next time Ryan posts about guitars or a scenery or anything of that nature????... will the same people that bash most everyone for their questions actually challenge Ryan????

Not.....

Sorry Kyle...you are wrong...this is a PMDG SUPPORT FORUM...(albeit I agree with you) You are not allowed to post about anything..unless it is about PMDG products...lol

How am I wrong?  I stated that I understood the assumed logic of the OP's reason for posting here, and then said that, despite my understanding the logic, I questioned if it should be here...

I was being facetious considering the earlier responses...thought the LOL would have indicated it...I do agree with you.... B)

thought the LOL would have indicated it...I do agree with you.... B) 

Haha - sorry.  Another thread got me worked up a little, so I was still in defensive mode.  Got it!  :wink:

I don't believe that the PMDG forum is the place to ask about competitors' product.

I agree with Richard. I also think anyone who has posted 4000+ posts needs to get a job. Unless they are a developer of course.

I agree with Richard. I also think anyone who has posted 4000+ posts needs to get a job. Unless they are a developer of course.

Wow really?

You dont have to post in the PMDG forum to get opinions from 'PMDGers. We lurke everywhere and in all forums./ 

:lol:

PMDG forum or not, I prefer the DCS A-10C for fidelity of systems after my NGX, and as a second to my PMDG products in general.  Third, the new Classic DC-9.  If I had to choose a 4th, it would be the F-16CG Lantirn version from Falcon 4.0.  Sorry, that is about the most in-depth flight sim ever done in my opinion, and having served for over 15 years as a USAF Viper crew chief and know the bird inside-out, even PMDG pales in comparison.  Graphics are crappy, but the system fidelity is absolutely spot-on.

Kev

PMDG battle plan: blow everything else outa the water B)

(747, 737 I have(im sure the 777) systems wise) nothing comes close imo. I do like a lot of the responses here too, curious, don't have.

Check out Milviz, Coolsky DC9 (awesome VC if you don't need a magenta line to tie the AP to), Realair, A2A (the Cub is delightful), VRS Super Bug. QW RJ doesn't appear to be quite there (unless the AP really is a bit dicky, which is possible), but still good fun.

IMO, the topic is no worse than the 'wats the best scenery/weather/textures/... for the NGX' threads that pop up regularly.

I really did not mean to cause any negatives. This is meant to be an ultimate compliment to PMDG. Not only do they build the best Aircraft IMO but they do it in the most Professional, Class Act way possible. Example: Ryan has already stated that they will not build a 757 due to the fact that Quality Wings has an In Depth version on the market. Ryan and PMDG is in the business of building the most in depth simulation out there and they are in contact with most all other developers. I think PMDG has put us years ahead of where we would be. Ryan's main goal is to advance Flight Simulation, Period. I am not going to mention any names (seat) but I do not believe there are many (if any) other developers that can say that.   

To be honest I am not looking to buy anything. I was looking around at what some other companies called Quality to compare.

Thanks,

Ron