Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBurgess

Sibwings Antonov AN-2 released !

Looks great. Where did you take that picture?

Breathtaking video. Im so getting this

Breathtaking video. Im so getting this

wow the sound of that radial sounds like a damn chopper. Highly recommended, beautiful..

Need to manage this thing carefully... just experienced my first engine fire !

Talk about a niche market.  Wow.  Will I ever buy it??  Probably not.  Will I be happy knowing it's out there just in case??  Absolutely!! 

Orbx Alaska and this in those wonderful CCCP markings.  Just tell 'em it's your one off Siberian scenery.  Great stuff indeed.

Got to try it out today. GREAT value for the price!

For a relatively big aircraft, it will takeoff and land on a dime...very very STOL. Stalls at <30KIAS.

Had my first engine fire :-)

How would you guys say the FDE's are on this one? Is it believeable?(don't need to be 100% accurate but atleast close to the real one)

It cought my attention because of the failures and stuff.

I don't have real time in one, but I did an engine out landing.  like the manual says, trimmed for best glide, stick aft, the AN-2 becomes like a big parachute LOL.  I'd say the FDE is pretty spot on.

Very well done! Congratulations to SibWings team! I am loving it!

Just got the Antonov this week - very cool plane, and one where I had to read the manual and give it a couple of tries before I could get the engine to start - always a good sign!

This is the best value for money add-on I've bought in a while, a definitive recommendation.

I must attest in agood's favor. Yes, this is one of the best add-ons ever made in 2013. Also, it's been quite a while since release and it's pending an upgrade for floats and various other things.. get it while it's still 15 euros. Consider there are no retailers for Sibwings, so the only place to get them is @ sibwings.com.

must agree 2013 saw a number of very good releases,but the Antonov AN2 is up there with best and so unusual,just love to fly with it ,the video really sums this aircraft up,and the Quality for the price is amazing

Agreed, the An-2 is my favourite aircraft of 2013. It's a work of art and is full of character. You can see the guys at Sibwings really put their hearts and souls into this one.

It's just a shame it was released in the same year as so many other great aircraft and has been overshadowed and got nowhere near the attention or accolades it deserves.

I am very glad Agood refresed this topic as, for some reason, I had missed this one completely when it was released. I downloaded and installed it yesterday and have flown it for about 2 hours today - what a great aircraft!! Not only is this great value for money, but it is modelled extremely well both internally and externally, the sound is amazing and, from what I have read about this aircraft, the flight model is very accurate. Just remember, this is one you have to fly by the book - I jumped into this with the minimum of reading of the manual and suffered an engine fire within the first 10 minutes flying!

I would encourage anyone who enjoys flying quality GA or bush aircraft to consider this production of the An-2. I have no doubt that this will deservedly be regarded as one of the greatest FSX addons.

Bill

I bought this plane last week ago and I absolutely love it.

Just remember, it's illegal to fly it the United States, unless it's for an air show  :P

I picked up the Sibwings Bird Dog on the same day. 2 great additions to my hangar, I must say.

Not only is it beautifully simulated and visually and aurally modeled, but it's one of the few add-ons I have where realism - especially in the cockpit sound effects - is implemented with a wry sense of humor.

We always like shiny new things, but this add-on is a celebration of the aesthetic joys of age, wear and rust. :)

Utterly brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to emphasize again, after flying for some more hours: *ing great airplane!

The only thing you shouldn't do, if you want to fly it, is be in a hurry :-)

On the other hand you can pretty much set it down straight in the parking spot if you've got some wind, for example up on the glaciers in the RTMM CIRP scenery area.