Sign in to follow this  
777Fanatic

When the 777 comes out, where will you fly her?

KJFK to KLGA

I do that one all the time lol, then to EWR and back to JFK. Who needs to put the gear up?

Kacper Nowotynski

From PANC To KMEM "FDX22".

Route: YESKA NCA11 REMBY NCA11 YWV J475 VLN J483 MOT HON OVR MCI ARG FNCHR1

Probably WSSS-YBBN or NZAA-YBBN. Just anything with YBBN in it!  :smile:

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Probably WSSS-YBBN or NZAA-YBBN. Just anything with YBBN in it! :smile:

Same here anything with YBBN!!!! My second flight would most probably be WSSS-YBBN.

YSSY - YMOR (moree), Still a maybe gotta look up the runway lengths, probably do a few touch an goes out there before doing any airline routes.

Something amuses me about landing a 777 at an regional airport :lol:

Easy, that will be KPHL to EGLL, and then EGLL to VOBL.  That will be to replicate my vacation to India this summer, although only 1/2 of that total trip will be on a British Airways 777-200, the part from KPHL to EGLL will be on a 767-300. 

I've always wanted to be "type rated" on the T7, after spending so much time learning and mastering the systems on the other Boeings (737,747,757,767) it will be nice to add that type to the list.  Then I can say I know how to fly all the modern Boeings, with the exception of the 787 of course.

I'm not the biggest fan of Emirates or the A380.  Admittedly for somewhat irrational reasons, at least in a business sense: Emirates comes across as new money with a soft spot for large, shiny things; and the A380 is just kinda stumpy-ugly to me.  I can't really fault them for either because they've turned a profit in 12 of the last 16 years (and have had continual passenger and cargo growth).  It's just my own quirk, I guess.

Not to sound like a communist or anything, but I find the lavish flaunting of wealth, both here in the U.S. and abroad, very off putting.  And when it comes to conspicuous consumption and wasteful uses of resources, Dubai takes the cake.  As much as I love aviation and particularly the airline industry as a whole, I have to say that all the news about Emirates buying up huge fleets of brand new A380s and long haul widebodies, and especially outfitting them with ostentatious first and business class cabins worthy of a sheik, kind of bugs me.   Maybe it's jealousy, but I find all that spending just to impress others is kind of disgusting, especially in light of all the suffering in the world and the economic headwinds most of the developed world is facing.   From a business perspective though, Emirates is doing right by it's owners of course, so what can you expect, they are not a charity.  I still find Emirates' race to have the biggest and baddest fleet parallels the home country's obsession with overbuilding and spending just for spending's sake.   Anyone here remember the Dubai debt crisis of late 2009? 

Sorry about the rant, for all I know, I'll probably load up the PMDG T7 LR for a trip from KSFO to OMDB in a few months as I have heard great things about the Flytampa scenery for Dubai.  However, I'll have to put my blinders on when on final approach to prevent myself from going blind when all the reflections of those gaudy ornaments adorning their buildings and their flashy cars shine in my face!

Anyone here remember the Dubai debt crisis of late 2009?

Abu Dhabi had to bail them out of debt. They spent so much money on building sky scrapers and buying flying fat whales that they ran out of money. Apparently there was a fight in NASDAQDubai the day before the news broke out.

But anyway, lets get back to the topic...

First flight will be a test flight at KPAE. 

The next flight will be a delivery flight to KMIA (Lan Cargo)

From there to Amsterdam and then I am going to start a few cargo tours with someone.

So:

KPAE - KPAE 

KPAE - KMIA

KMIA - EHAM

And then these tours (the LAN tour is pretty definite, but the others may still change):

Lan Cargo (Skyvector: http://tinyurl.com/nr5e5w6):

EHAM EDDF KMIA SEQM SPIM SCEL SAEZ SBGL SBNT SMJP SKBO KMIA EHAM

Qatar Cargo (Skyvector: http://tinyurl.com/qywjb9e):

EHAM OTBD GOOY DNMM FACT FAOR FIMP HKJK OMDB OTBD EHAM

Aerlogic (Skyvector: http://tinyurl.com/pof3azh):

EDDP OPLA VABI VOBL WSSS VTBS VHHH ZSSS RJAA RKSI UTTT EDDP

Not all of them have scenery, but it will be fun ^^.

And between tours probably some regular flights.

Not to sound like a communist or anything, but I find the lavish flaunting of wealth, both here in the U.S. and abroad, very off putting.

Another reason I prefer Qatar airways over Emirates, Qatar has a way of giving you supurb service without rubbing their wealth in your face. While Qatar's appearance is luxurious (even in economy with their 3-3-3 and excellent leg room) its not over the top while Emirates appears to flash cash in everything they do.

Back on topic after doing ORD-DFW-ORD I might fly over to DOH from O'hare to see how things work out on a longer trip. 

Back on topic after doing ORD-DFW-ORD I might fly over to DOH from O'hare to see how things work out on a longer trip. 

You have a lot of time on your hands...  ^_^