Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tazz

FTX GLOBAL Base Pack - Preview Screenshots

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks cool... wonder how big hard drive hit this will be...

My poor 120GB SSD is barely cutting it as it is heh

Wow, looks very impressive! I'm assuming this will be released as a double installer for FSX and P3D as well? I'm curious to know in those screenshots on the official FTX Global website, are there any other add-ons being used? Or is that just FTX Global solely? I see photo scenery and was curious if that's another add-on in itself or what?

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Night lighting for the whole world, flying around the world won't ever be the same again! Very excited for this release. Curious to see what the Hong Kong area will look like with FTX Global. This will be available on July 14th for purchase?

Looks cool... wonder how big hard drive hit this will be...

My poor 120GB SSD is barely cutting it as it is heh

Landclass textures are very generic, so I imagine it will only be several GB. (2-4?)

Man does Orbx know how to take screenshots!!

Not only does it look way more impressive than GEX does on my computer, it looks way more impressive than the Orbx FTX regional scenery (PNW, PFJ, NRM etc.) I have on my computer. Way to go Orbx!!

What does this mean?

Expandable with OpenLC packs?

4.5 gb d/l 9 gb installed, according to the info available

Wow, looks very impressive! I'm assuming this will be released as a double installer for FSX and P3D as well? I'm curious to know in those screenshots on the official FTX Global website, are there any other add-ons being used? Or is that just FTX Global solely? I see photo scenery and was curious if that's another add-on in itself or what?

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Night lighting for the whole world, flying around the world won't ever be the same again! Very excited for this release. Curious to see what the Hong Kong area will look like with FTX Global. This will be available on July 14th for purchase?

JV had a comparison video of Hong Kong up on the Orbx site.  this isn't photoscenery, but orbx's landclass textures are made from aerial photographs that are color balanced and annotated with autogen.  some of the photoreal may be default fsx as well blended in.  some of the cities in default had some PR elements.

ShawnG that's pretty cool. Do you have a link to that Hong Kong comparison video? I'd like to see it. Thanks!

well, I would, but the OP already did :)  (It's the first video listed under the screenshots)  it's one of JV's iPhone camera comparison's to default fsx.

Ahh okay, pretty nice. I wonder how this would look with FlyTampa's KaiTak. Must look really good together then.

Landclass textures are very generic, so I imagine it will only be several GB. (2-4?)

I thought it was brand new textures?  Usually those are larger??

The download is 4.5 gb. 9 gb installed. According to Orbx

They mentioned a night lighting system that will not impact frame rates. Should we just disable night lighting in UTX for this to work properly?

I thought it was brand new textures?  Usually those are larger??

Yes, but they are still generic. Many of the same are used across specific regions of the globe. It's not unique textures for every inch of the globe. But yes, new textures are usually larger in file fize, but I am not sure what the file size of the default textures are.

Hi there. We replace the Scenery\World\Texture folder with our own textures (which are the same size as FSX default at 1024x1024), then add many more unique textures using unlocked classes for more variety. So the installed size is 9GB but since we backup your texture folder you will need all of that 9GB in free space on your HD.

The product page is only a small sample of the preview shots we've shown so far on our forums. We have taken several hundred shots from all corners of the globe.

Great textures, but without a next-generation landclass product to place them properly in the sim, it just doesn't interest me much.

Great textures, but without a next-generation landclass product to place them properly in the sim, it just doesn't interest me much.

I believe this is what their "openLC" initiative with this is for.

1. As Tabs said, that's what OpenLC will be for.

2. There are more then enough very good landclass products out there which will all work perfectly fine with FTXG.

3. FTXG comes with LC corrections and obviously better textures so I don't think you will see deserts where they shouldn't be like in FSX default. MS/Aces made some mistakes with various textures and LC, making for instance Norway look like a desert, but this won't happen with FTXG.

If installing this, what we need to uninstall? GEX UTX? Both?

It does the same thing as GEX, so gets the same benefit from UTX that GEX gets. The LC additions later sound like they will supplant UTX in time.

When will this be available for purchase?

It's already advertised at fullterrain.com (see OP ...).

So, according to former ORBX releases, it should only be "days away". (Sorry, Robert, couldn't resist!)

Now this is what am talking about  keeping FSX alive!!! Purchasing FTX Global to me it will be like purchasing a new FSX. You will want to fly any place on earth just to see the amazing work Orbx has done. Thank you