Sign in to follow this  
Lyle221

Fsdreamteam KIAH First Previews

This airport deservers the FSDT treatment.  I'm quite excited about this one.....though I'd probably buy anything made by them.

I wanted someone to make this airport ...my card its ready.....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

If only they would FS9 it. Oh well, looks great!

I'm SO glad they don't FS9 it.

Since FSX users are the VASTLY OVERWHELMING majority right now, developing to be still compatible with FS9 means they would have to limit the FSX version in what it can do, which instead IS a "great offense" to FSX users, because by keep using FS9 methods and technologies in FSX, we undermine the quality of the FSX version of the product, and we are killing our future, because we can't keep innovating with new stuff because, if you haven't noticed, with *each* new scenery we added a new feature, which is constantly putting away from FS9, at to the point that with KIAH, there's now way we could do it in FS9, other than redoing from *scratch*, as if it was another separate product.

quote from Virtuali http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg64749#msg64749

AMEN brother.

Both FSDT and Flightbeam are targeting all the United hubs, making me one happy camper.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I'm SO glad they don't FS9 it.

Since FSX users are the VASTLY OVERWHELMING majority right now, developing to be still compatible with FS9 means they would have to limit the FSX version in what it can do, which instead IS a "great offense" to FSX users, because by keep using FS9 methods and technologies in FSX, we undermine the quality of the FSX version of the product, and we are killing our future, because we can't keep innovating with new stuff because, if you haven't noticed, with *each* new scenery we added a new feature, which is constantly putting away from FS9, at to the point that with KIAH, there's now way we could do it in FS9, other than redoing from *scratch*, as if it was another separate product.

quote from Virtuali http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7358.msg64749#msg64749

AMEN brother.

I would recommend you and Virtuali took a look at Flytampa Dubai and Montreal, in both sim flavours. Then think about what inovation and quality really stands for.

If only they would FS9 it. Oh well, looks great!

As out dated as FS9 is now, it still gets a new airport every once in a while, but it's getting less and less.  Aerosoft also once stated that FS9 airports only sell a small fraction of what FSX airports sell.

These are the earliest stage of development that I've ever seen pictures released, especially from FSDT.

It's going to be a fine airport when it gets finished.

Oh my god. I cant wait to get my handd on this airport. Beautiful!!!! Thank you so much fot making this awesome airport.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I would recommend you and Virtuali took a look at Flytampa Dubai and Montreal, in both sim flavours. Then think about what inovation and quality really stands for.

Except Flytampa's airports don't have the awesome ground textures/shaders that FSDreamteam does (or moving jetways, or dynamic shadows). And they are NOT DX10 compatible. Yes they look pretty nice but its obvious that they arnt as advanced as far as FSX only features are concerned.

Nick Running

Couldn't be happier right now.. I've been simming since FS2002 and I have never seen this airport modeled. Considering that fact that I live 13nm from the ends of 8/9 and that all of my flights start or finish at Bush, I'm a pretty happy camper.

Thank you FSDT!

Flytampa has recently stated that they are done with FS9. All for good reasons.

But please, lets not turn this into another useless FSX vs FS9 topic that gets locked.

Lets focus on how beautiful this airport is going to be!!