Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Some GEX - FTX Global comparisons

I've found that SceneryTech LC is lacking and have uninstalled it.  I think that the ORBX LC packs will provide a sufficient solution.

Cheers

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Can someone post any pics from Asia for example Pakistan? Evening also...pretty pls. Wanna make sure the area is nice as I fly mostly there....as you can prob tell from my sig lol....Could start at OPKC perhaps if any one of you FTX Global owners are kind enough :)

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thank you very very much Molleh , how very kind of you. Stunning shots

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Could someone post some FTXG shots of UK ? I have GEX, which I like very much, but the countryside could be greener. From what I read, FTXG does just that (maybe rather too much in some places). I didn't purchase FTX England, mainly because I don't like the colour of FTX inland water (too blue), which you can't change. FTXG (with UTX & FEX) would allow me to keep my water the way it is.

Could someone post some FTXG shots of UK ? I have GEX, which I like very much, but the countryside could be greener. From what I read, FTXG does just that (maybe rather too much in some places). I didn't purchase FTX England, mainly because I don't like the colour of FTX inland water (too blue), which you can't change. FTXG (with UTX & FEX) would allow me to keep my water the way it is.

After installing FTXG, the water I've seen all seems to be green, as if it is coated with moss or algae. Horrible. I'm not sure whether it is FTXG which is actually responsible, or something that installing it has removed. I don't know if this is for the whole of England, but it certainly applies to the Thames in London and the reservoirs near EGLL.

[LATER] JV of Orbx has replied to my question about this in another thread and assured me that FTXG does not change the water colour ("waterclass"), so it's probably something messed up in my layering. I'm looking at this now.

Regards

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

After installing FTXG, the water I've seen all seems to be green, as if it is coated with moss or algae. Horrible. I'm not sure whether it is FTXG which is actually responsible, or something that installing it has removed. I don't know if this is for the whole of England, but it certainly applies to the Thames in London and the reservoirs near EGLL.

[LATER] JV of Orbx has replied to my question about this in another thread and assured me that FTXG does not change the water colour ("waterclass"), so it's probably something messed up in my layering. I'm looking at this now.

Regards

Pete

I did ask that very question on the ORBX forums a while back, and got the same answer from JV. Do let us know what you find - it may be something others of us may trip over.

PS With this hot weather, many inland ponds and lakes in UK are covered with algae, but not the rivers. And certainly not the Thames !

If you tell me from which airport to take off and into which direction I should fly to make some screenshots, let me know!

And btw yes, the inland waters are all green now... which seems to be some sort of bug to me...

If you tell me from which airport to take off and into which direction I should fly to make some screenshots, let me know!

And btw yes, the inland waters are all green now... which seems to be some sort of bug to me...

Thanks Jan - that's very kind of you. How about:

Fly NE out of Biggin Hill (EGKB) towards Southend (EGMC) that will take you over some countryside and urban areas and also give a good view of the 'green' Thames.

Also fly due west out of Sheffield City (EGSY) which should take you over to the Pennines over a number of large reservoirs.

BTW - which landclass product do you use ?

Your help much appreciated !

I've been shooting some more shots on request and have UTX Europe deactivated for that. So I am not using any landclass right now: the following shots are default FSX with FTXG. I do use OpusFSX and REX though.

Three shots from EGKB to EGMC:

9389923259_8dd14803ce_o.jpg

9392698588_665836c0ab_o.jpg

9389922591_c2363eb0f8_o.jpg

And three from EGSY, flying to the west:

9389922209_be32981b7e_o.jpg

9389921539_9c61dcc7cf_o.jpg

9389921111_d5bf94deca_o.jpg

I hope I clicked V at the right spots... ^_^

great shots  now  your  even  tempting  me  to purchase now :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Jan - very many thanks for these. Q: what are your autogen /complexity settings in these ?

Also, you say you have UTX disabled, yet I believe I see UTX roads in the shot of the QE2 bridge over the Thames ?

Clearly greener and more vegetation and buildings than on my system. And I don't seem to see the green water you mention ? At least not on this monitor. Thames looks not too bad, the reservoirs look blue (too blue for my liking).

Most of those shots are...less than impressive.

I agree, user screenshots often don't compare to what the developers put out, which is reasonable.

The results will vary widely depending on the individual set-up.

The sales screenshots look really good, but I suppose they come from areas where a really good landclass file exists.

Getting a reasonable look with default landclass is much more difficult, I suppose ...

Clearly greener and more vegetation and buildings than on my system. And I don't seem to see the green water you mention ? At least not on this monitor. Thames looks not too bad, the reservoirs look blue (too blue for my liking).

The Thames and Thames estuary in the 2nd and 3rd shots don't look green to you? They certainly do here. Contrast with the sea further away from the Estuary in the 3rd shot. I can accept a brownish colour for the Thames (as I used to have), but the green tinge looks really wrong I'm afraid.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hi Jan - very many thanks for these. Q: what are your autogen /complexity settings in these ?

Also, you say you have UTX disabled, yet I believe I see UTX roads in the shot of the QE2 bridge over the Thames ?

Autogen etc. is full right, so extremely dense.

Concerning UTX: I will check it once more LOL I have never disabled and enabled stuff in the scenery library as I did the last few days LOL. I will get back on it.

EDIT Checked: the screenshot is without UTX indeed. With UTX you will see industrial terrain near that bridge. The roads and bridge etc. are default FSX.

The Thames and Thames estuary in the 2nd and 3rd shots don't look green to you? They certainly do here. Contrast with the sea further away from the Estuary in the 3rd shot. I can accept a brownish colour for the Thames (as I used to have), but the green tinge looks really wrong I'm afraid.

Pete

There really are greenish here too! Pity I can't easily go back to FSX default to check it out...