Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

There is an answer from Nick

The problem will show his BIG ugly head soon....what if a new add on you would like to purchase from another great company (not talking about Flight1 here) does not work with FTXG because John did not have a beer with them?....what now.

I don't see that happen, really... It seems you actually believe what NickN is saying...? :rolleyes: How could FTXG and OpenLC PREVENT another addon from working...? At most you will have to change the order of things in the Scenery Library OR things won't really fit (an airport into the surrounding) but that also goes for GEX. You seem to forget that NickN is talking nonsense.

EDIT

Shoot, I wanted to post a reply in NickN's topic but it is locked... Pity. But I am sure he will be reading my reactions here. (Hi Nick! ^_^ )

I read it, it's bunch of crap! GEX is terrible...always has been, FTX is better and always will be. I could care less if F1 ever sells another copy of GEX.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

The problem will show his BIG ugly head soon....what if a new add on you would like to purchase from another great company (not talking about Flight1 here) does not work with FTXG because John did not have a beer with them?....what now.

Then you don't buy it and decide what addons are important to you.

Orbx also has a long history of working to make other major addons work with their stuff. Go read their comparability forum.

It's not some new revolution that some addons may not gel with others. It's always been like that.

Overall, there's very few that wont work with global. Of course GEX won't or other texture replacements. You also can't run Imaginesims KDEN on top of Flightbeams coming KDEN. They do the same thing.

Absolutely. FTX global will destroy GEX just like GEX destroyed FSX default textures... The real drama... 

GEX can surely get back in the game but it will require they do something very noticeable. That is what I love about capitalism, it just keeps getting better and better as It allows for competition.  I have no idea what ORBX sales will be but the purchases will be directly proportional to most believing there is something in the package that puts it over and above GEX. I paid for GEX so I am not feeling sorry for anybody. I still use the product along with UTX and really did not see much difference with the ORBX screenies so I will wait. I am sure there are others that are sitting on the fence. That leaves a lot out there for GEX to convince with their next product.

Bob

The funny thing is, all the GEX people (heck i own the NA region) who are complaining about JV ignore that Nick is just as much, if not more of an arrogant drama queen to customers. Notice he locked that thread without even allowing a response as well.

FS developers are an interesting lot.

Perhaps but so are we (customers)... honestly it's customers that force poor decision making by developers imho.  Sure it comes down to a person to decide whether or not they say something unpleasant.... but other outside factors influence people.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This man is sounding more desperate every day. Seems he cannot deal with his product having competition. I am no Orbx ######, I made the decision to buy FTX global because it looked good, which in 9/10 areas it does. Yes there is the issue of some areas been green that shouldn't, but I would rather that than norway been a desert for example. I have not seen one screenshot of GEX in all these years that has made me go "wow, I want to buy that"

i'm out for 20min, just to buy some popcorns and bear  ^_^

i'm out for 20min, just to buy some popcorns and bear ^_^

Living on the edge! I'd stick with the beer...and a couple of hours later you can be a bear tamer.

May i suggest putting the bear in a cage? You probably won't be able to follow this thread otherwise :P

Flight simulation fans are an interesting lot, too.

Settles back in chair with some soda while dropping in occasionally to see how the sides are shaping up this time on the controversy of the week.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Yes, this sucks big time... I haven't flown all afternoon because I am too busy reading and posting in the various FTXG related topics. It's just too much fun! Darned.

Of course it destroys GEX and they can't work together, they're the same thing! Cripes can't NickN take a little competition? Or is he too used to having that area of the market tied up for so long? 

I wonder if he could elaborate on the point:

2. There is no using GEX with FTX Global, they made sure of that.

How does Nick propose they be used together? Should orbx have charged $100 so that people could continue seeing GEX? Craziness!