Sign in to follow this  
Juanvholster

Why no 777 Release today

I start college tomorrow :(

Praise the lord for time compression :)

There was a pilot at my old VA (UPS) who would start a flight, real time, and during cruise just hit the books and study.  I think if you forget time compression and do the same thing you will guarantee A's this semester.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

if you really want a 777 you can always get the 'other' one

I got it on a lark for $12...DO NOT GET IT, you will instantly regret it...!

spacer.png

There was a pilot at my old VA (UPS) who would start a flight, real time, and during cruise just hit the books and study.  I think if you forget time compression and do the same thing you will guarantee A's this semester.  

Absolutely, I did the same thing. Studied all the way through graduate school and wrote my thesis while flying.  I would set up a long haul and monitor the flight in little mind breaks every 30 mins or so. It totally helped me through. Now the piece of paper hangs over desk and watches me fly unencumbered with the deadlines and projects of school. 

WebRep

currentVote

noRating
noWeight

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's exactly what I use to do. Got an  A grade in A-level Physics and a B in Maths last June. It really does help. Before (during my GCSEs) I was getting E and F grades because I coudn't stay away from the TV,Console etc.. But now... I load up a long haul flight (7+ hours usually) And study until I reach T/D. It's really fun and realistic (some guys just load up a long haul flight and leave the controls)

I start college tomorrow :(

Praise the lord for time compression :)

What I do is start a flight get to cruise head to class come back check everything. Go to into my office and study till TOD then land the beast. On 15-16 hour flights this is quite nice as my PC is busy with Fsx so I cant waste time on avsim or gtafourms when I should be studying.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

1. I am so busy tweaking FSX I don't have time to fly much.  I fly to see how my tweaks work.  Love my PMDG MD-11F.  My FSX setup is the best it has ever been.

2. Do I make that check for $165 million out to Boeing or PMDG?  It would surely bounce and they would surely throw me in jail.

Is that Slater from Dazed and confused?

haha - I haven't seen Dazed in forever.  This is from Empire Records, though...

EDIT...I guess it does say it in the title...meh...

Exactly - my comp couldn't handle more than FS, so I would put a flight up and it would keep me from browsing the internet or chatting away aimlessly...

Kyle Rodgers

keep me from browsing the internet or chatting away aimlessly...

That's the #1 time waster for me. The 777 will cure this (once it's released)

I do not mind the waiting in and of itself, and fully support any decision for delay for the purpose of bug squashing and subsequent testing.  It is the total lack of feedback that gets on my nerves.  RSR promised to keep us updated over the weekend, but has not said a word since Friday. The result is all the endless speculation here, which is fun up to a point, but eventually becomes grating.  I am not asking for exact release dates or the like.  All I would request is more frequent updates (once a day at this point seems reasonable), offering a refined window, and perhaps a "definitely not today," if they are reasonably certain that it is not happening today.   A couple of sentences would be all that it takes for that.  Does not seem like so much to ask.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

I got it on a lark for $12...DO NOT GET IT, you will instantly regret it...!

Shes not that bad I flew it from KIAD to OMDB yesterday and she did great. Now when the PMDG 777 releases the other 777 will be headed to Tuscon for retirement.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Shes not that bad

Well you may say that but, as an old hand, I have already uninstalled it.

Among many issues, hideous FPS, completely unoptimized code IMHO.

spacer.png

I'm sure all the paper work, legality and server bandwidth are all done. They are probably doing the last before take off checklist.

If it doesn't happen today, then they are running out of days which Wed and Thurs are the only two possibilities.

As far as what Robert said, we will be flying this baby this weekend.

Kin M.

(Klax)

Well you may say that but, as an old hand, I have already uninstalled it.

Among many issues, hideous FPS, completely

unoptimized code IMHO.

V1.2 fixed some stuff I get in the mid 20s at flightbeam kiad with every slider at Max besides water which is at 2.x high. The whole lnav/vnav issues never bothered me because I hand fly to cruise and hand fly the descent andas long as it can follow the route at cruise I'm pretty happy. I'm not pushing the CS777

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.