Sign in to follow this  
Franz007

Impact of PMDG's B777 on X-Plane-community?

Also XP Jets for their 777-200ER:
http://forums.x-pilo...e-12#entry31466

Why bother with another 777-200 ER?  The FlightFactor Worldliner is already very good.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Wow that's a new one. Would you mind pointing out exactly where does anybody is trying to convince anybody of such thing?

See PM.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

As a plateform, I think X-Plane 10 is superior to FSX. We've got HDR, sophisticated Autogen, real-time Shawdows and the most important, a stable and reliable 64 bits plateform. But even from my X-Plane User point of view, I can admit that the limited number of add-on is a problem, even more real for a GNU/Linux user like me.

I can admit that the limited number of add-on is a problem,

I agree, but this is changing, add-on's are growing, slowly but surely!

I see XP10 just coming out of surgery, being striped of its past, practically a newborn with a 64bit hart. Its a long road ahead with lots of hurdles, requiring quite a bit of rehabilitation sessions but the future does look bright.

Carlos

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

add-on's are growing, slowly but surely!

I don't really agree, there not a lot of add-on that are comming right now. The only next add-on to be released is the FF 757.

The main thing i dont really understand is, why does it need so much time for professionals like the guys from PMDG, to port for example their wunderful 737 to X-Plane? FlightFactor has demonstrated how fast it goes to bring a complete new plane with deep systems like the B777 or the B757 (that is near the release date).

For PMDG, the 3D cockpit model (if talking for example only about this) already has been done. So it shouldn't take so much time to convert it to X-Plane, since i suppose all objects exist in blender or any other programm, that can be used for X-Plane as well.

And the second most difficult system (the FMS) also already has been programmed for FSX.

I am not saying that it is easy to programm a complex jetliner. But in comparaison to FlightFactor i think they should be able to bring a model out much faster than in 2-3 years?

So i think the only reason must be the low numbers of XP-users and the low commercial potential, isn't it?

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

The main thing i dont really understand is, why does it need so much time for professionals like the guys from PMDG, to port for example their wunderful 737 to X-Plane? FlightFactor has demonstrated how fast it goes to bring a complete new plane with deep systems like the B777 or the B757 (that is near the release date).

The guys behind FlightFactor already have experience in developing add-on for X-Plane. Phillip has worked on the CRJ200 before the T7 and Ramzzess have realised many aircraft before the Worldliner, like the Sukhoi SuperJet 100.

I don't really agree, there not a lot of add-on that are comming right now. The only next add-on to be released is the FF 757.

...and LES SAAB 340. 

You are right "not a lot" but enough to keep me interested.

In my own case, most of what I look for in a sim is already there, things like:

Stutter free, no blurries, great performance (with my pc specs of course). I would be lying if I were to say that I don't care about eye-candy...I do, I really do, but I'm willing to compromise and wait for LR or a 3pd to get on the wagon and provide an alternative. Even if that never happens I still prefer performance.

There're quite a bit of choices on aircraft like the Carenado, JRollon, LES, X-Aviation, Ramzzess & Philipp,..etc. I'm more into commuter twins like the coming SAAB 340, Javier's Jetstream 32 and last but not least MU-2.

I really love to plan and fly the old fashion way, VOR to VOR, so no FMS needed for me.

Once LR fixes two of the most important bugs that I care about like the visibility limitation and the fog issue, I will be an even more happy camper. Anything else LR adds will be just value added for me.

Carlos

The guys behind FlightFactor already have experience in developing add-on for X-Plane. Phillip has worked on the CRJ200 before the T7 and Ramzzess have realised many aircraft before the Worldliner, like the Sukhoi SuperJet 100.

That's a very good point and I would add that probably PDMG was too busy using most of its resources trying to get the T7 out the door. It took them 3 years to complete (I think) and of course just like any other business practice, they need to get their investment back so they have the capital to continue with other projects like the one planned for XP10

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

...and LES SAAB 340

I'm more into commuter twins like the coming SAAB 340, Javier's Jetstream 32 and last but not least MU-2.

These are all not supported under GNU/Linux and the LES SAAB 340 will not have GNU/Linux support. It reduce the number of plane available.

These are all not supported under GNU/Linux and the LES SAAB 340 will not have GNU/Linux support. It reduce the number of plane available.

Oh I see you point now.Sorry to hear that!

The FlightFactor Worldliner is already very good.  

the VC TEXTURES need an update, the XPjets 777 and PMDG 777 look more realistic.

FlightFactor has demonstrated how fast it goes to bring a complete new plane with deep systems like the B777 or the B757 (that is near the release date).

We can't simply compare the two - they're not comparable beyohnd being based on the Boeing 777 and being very expensive, specially if you add how much you pay for additional liveries sold sor the FlightFactor model ( something I really can't understand / accept... )

I simply gave up using the WL 777 long ago after all of the mess with updates ( for those who didn't buy it from the org... ) and some of the problems / inconsistencies / innacuracies it has, the other a professional product, that could actually be used by real crew for their trainning if such was required, even if it is after all also a toy for simmers like me :-)  Yes it is expensive too, but, the immersive and detailled systems simulation is incredible, the sensation of being there unique ( well, but I've never been there ???  in the real thing... well... you know what I mean... ), the loads of liveres are absolutely free, and you get a frighter and a pax model in the same base package :-)

For those in Linux, Flight Gear is yet another option! There are a couple of interesting projects for rather detailled airliners going on for that platform, including a 744 and a T7!

I believe the first rather complete, complex, detailled, precise airliner simulation coming to X-Plane 10 will be the iXeg 737. I never tried the JAR Airbus, and Peter's A380 has very good FBW and overall dynamics and graphics too, specially from the outside, but very limited systems modeling :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)

We can't simply compare the two - they're not comparable beyohnd being based on the Boeing 777 and being very expensive, specially if you add how much you pay for additional liveries sold sor the FlightFactor model.

One is a toy, and I simply gave up using it, the other a professional product, that could actually y real crew for their trainning if such was required.

Let us agree to disagree on this one... -:)

As a plateform, I think X-Plane 10 is superior to FSX. We've got HDR, sophisticated Autogen, real-time Shawdows and the most important, a stable and reliable 64 bits plateform. But even from my X-Plane User point of view, I can admit that the limited number of add-on is a problem, even more real for a GNU/Linux user like me.

and realistic roads/traffic with street lights.....not floating ORBS like FTXG :lol:

One is a toy

Hmmm, that bad, and I was thinking of eventually get in it, Coming from you jcomm with your expertise, I'm gonna have to think twice before I commit. Bummer, even thought I don't fly them often, there's definitely room for one in my hanger.

Well lets see what the future holds!