Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

People cry for a "new simulator platform" .......... well, this could be it. Not worth $32?

This is IT "new simulator platform".....well worth the money at  $32. If you like DX9 stay with it, if you want to try the manual tweaks first (which I did months ago) do it BUT do NOT expect to get the smoothness and increased FPS. You must go with this if you want to see real FSX and DX10 improvement. I have made tweaks over the past year too, but I only do one or two at a time AND then check with flights, airports, etc. before moving on to other tweaks. When I purchased and installed the DX10 Controller I did NOTHING except restore my original Shader_HLSL and it works perfectly.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

$32 sounds a lot but it's only £18! So from that point of view I'm not too disappointed that it didn't live up to the hype! 

I won't give my opinions here because another thread will be along soon for that.

I will say that I don't begrudge Steve whatever he makes out of it, because he's earned it!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Works great for me so far, only one problem: I lost my moving road traffic. Is that related to the DX10 fix or did I mess up on my own somehow?

I lost my moving road traffic.

I still have my moving traffic at the airports and the highways. I do use UTX. I also use MyTrafficX 5.4c. I have a few freeware add-on AFCADs, My profile gives other details.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

At that price it should at least come with a giant, cheesy forum banner talking about how great DX10 is.

I have it but my ground vehicles at PANC are still grey/white.

daytime fixed, nighttime airport vehicles are all white....maybe I need to move the slider left from center?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

daytime fixed, nighttime airport vehicles are all white....maybe I need to move the slider left from center?

Is that the Aerosoft PANC? If so, have you looked for a tool in the scenery folder? It will allow you to enable DX10 mode for AES-Lite.

How could this be out for so many hours without me noticing... 

You need to change your glasses, look like they are to dark...

That is correct Eric

Thanks. What will you see in the sim with daen/dusk smoothing set to 0? What visually are you losing?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Does anybody know if FOR THOSE PEOPLE who has followed the free DX10 patcher and How-To-Guide is mandatory to unistall or change something BEFORE install Steve's DX10 fixer?

Someone told about rain fix, and other stuff?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Does anybody know if FOR THOSE PEOPLE who has followed the free DX10 patcher and How-To-Guide is mandatory to unistall or change something BEFORE install Steve's DX10 fixer?

Someone told about rain fix, and other stuff?

You don't need to uninstall the free patches before installing the DX10 fixer tool.

You don't need to uninstall the free patches before installing the DX10 fixer tool.

Many thanks, going to purchase now :-)

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks. What will you see in the sim with daen/dusk smoothing set to 0? What visually are you losing?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Not noticed any weird things with this disabled

Will you please explain "fixed the reflective water on the ground issue". I still have a lot of land shimmering on the water in DX10. Does the dawn/dusk=0 have anything to do with the fix?

Thanks

Shimmering on the water is more to do with your graphic, fsx settings. Check PJ's "How To" Doc

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does FT KBOS or FB KPHX work?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom