Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Prepar3d V2.0 entering beta

Gregg, we're on board, testing with our current and future products. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

Good news! Can't imagine flying without REX!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

No, DX11 wil NOT eliminate this limit, any 32bit app will be bound to the 3gb limit. Its only 3gb that is available for VAS and not 4gb.

Correct on the first part - though DX10 and 11 require less VAS so there are practical memory use advantages, but wrong on the second.  When running on a 64-bit Windows OS, large address aware 32-bit apps (such as FSX Acceleration and P3D) have a 4GB VAS available.  Trot out the "process explorer" utility and you can see this for yourself.  You're thinking of the maximum address space potentially available to applications on a 32-bit OS.  Different thing entirely.

Scott

prepare3d have a 64 bit SDK, does that mean its going to be 64 bit?

No, that only applies to the development tools for model export and compiling from Max 2012 or Max 2013.

Previously the modeling tools were limited to only 32bits, which made it extremely difficult to export and compile very complex modeling mesh with embedded XML scripting for 3d gauges.

Some relief has been provided by L-M making their SDK freely downloadable, which has actually helped modelers with compiling complex projects for FSX as well as P3D.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Has P3D/LM had any statements to the popularity of this "commercial" product and the acceptance of its use by home users? 

A true replacements for FSX is long overdue and with the cancellation of MS Flight, which had massive potential in the right hands, P3D...you are our only hope!

I doubt we will ever see any figures.

Sadly I don't think this will be a new sim like FLIGHT was, and as such just an upgraded FSX (like a major service pack).

There is still hope in a little thing called aerofly FS. Version 2 is in development and will be open to external developers. In a few years it might grow into something worthwhile. The first version has some pretty cool features (instant weather generator, believable turbulence effects)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Fellas, has anyone seen any info pertaining to P3D v2 being officially supported running on Windows 8/8.1?

When running on a 64-bit Windows OS

Yes you are correct, but as you can read in my post I wasn't referring to 64bit windows. I should have been more specific though

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Good news! Can't imagine flying without REX!

Yup that's good news

Sadly I don't think this will be a new sim like FLIGHT was, and as such just an upgraded FSX (like a major service pack).

I respectfully disagree assuming all these features are real and implemented. LM even said that FLIGHT was still using dx9 just with a better core engine. But alot of it was still not entirely modern. This list is what the next version of FSX shouldve been like and then some. Those are significant enhancements. The core of p3dv2 is taking near full advantage of todays modern computer, so that the wicked graphics cards out there and 5ghz CPUs actually mean something more than struggling and tweaking. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Thats the part I'm looking forward to. Not having to look ahead at the next CPU/GPU upgrade to gain a little bit more performance but getting massive performance from what I have now.

Fellas, has anyone seen any info pertaining to P3D v2 being officially supported running on Windows 8/8.1?

P3D 1.4 runs better on Win8 now so I guess 2.0 will also run great

Thats the part I'm looking forward to. Not having to look ahead at the next CPU/GPU upgrade to gain a little bit more performance but getting massive performance from what I have now.

I think that there's probably a lot of us that feel the same way.  I've started some pessimistic opinions on P3D in the past, but I'm more than interested to see where this is heading.  A lot will hinge on how much of performance increase they are able to realize.  If it's enough that we can all stop tweaking our configs and drooling over every new cpu that comes down the way, it'll be quite the success to say the least.

Of course, a lot of the things in that list are going to come at a performance cost - let's hope that whatever is gained is not immediately lost.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I guess I didn't make the closed Beta since I haven't heard anything from LM :Cry:

A lot of Flight Simmers have the most powerful Pimp my Ride Home computers around.

Any flight sim with modern code will be eatin' live by these PC's

Like I said earlier. I have a feeling this list might be false.. I wouldn't be surprised if v2 was more of an sp3. Am I the only one who finds the list a bit too good to be true? Perhaps fabricated?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I think that there's probably a lot of us that feel the same way.  I've started some pessimistic opinions on P3D in the past, but I'm more than interested to see where this is heading.  A lot will hinge on how much of performance increase they are able to realize.  If it's enough that we can all stop tweaking our configs and drooling over every new cpu that comes down the way, it'll be quite the success to say the least.

Of course, a lot of the things in that list are going to come at a performance cost - let's hope that whatever is gained is not immediately lost.

good-luck.gif

Am I the only one who finds the list a bit too good to be true? Perhaps fabricated?

If it were fabricated, they would have said that P3D would be 100% 64 bit.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;